It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GSLV blastoff ends in failure (India)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

India's largest rocket lost control and erupted in a fireball Saturday, dealing another blow to the country's space program after back-to-back failures of the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle.

Well this just happened so this is the only info right now. I will add more as it comes in

Spaceflightnow.com

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Haha is all i can say!! The country has a bad enough economy and social structure, it's no surprise they cahnt launch a rocket. It was probably sabotaged, if it gets into orbit they will lose track and it will most likely wreak havoc on everyone elses sats etc.

Look i have nothing personal against the Indians but i think it may have been abit overly ambitious at this point in time.....
edit on 25-12-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

oh come on It's not because they travel on top of a train that they cant be able to make technological prouess

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

hmmm yup.... i just think they have more important issues to focus on..

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Haha is all i can say!! The country has a bad enough economy and social structure, it's no surprise they cahnt launch a rocket. It was probably sabotaged, if it gets into orbit they will lose track and it will most likely wreak havoc on everyone elses sats etc.

Look i have nothing personal against the Indians but i think it may have been abit overly ambitious at this point in time.....

That really smacks of racism!

If the Indians are so backward, then explain why so many high tech corporations have moved a lot of R&D centres to India? It's not just for the cheap labour either, their education systems are outstripping those of the US and other western nations.
True, for the most part their social structure is still way behind the west and they may be viewed as a third world country, but their technology advances and manufacturing base are now bigger due to the outsourcing of western jobs in the chase for ever bigger profits by western corporations. Many may still live in abject poverty with no trickle-down of the vast wealth being generated, but is that really any different then the west?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Isn't that kind of harsh??

What is wrong with being ambitious? You think America wasn't ambitious when it wanted to get to space or the moon? Being ambitious or even overly ambitious is a wonderful trait if you ask me. If you just give up then you have nothing.

I feel bad for them and I hope they get out there and try again and I hope they succeed. It would be great to see that happen. I don't find any failure of a launch funny for a country. It's a huge loss on many levels.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

The 25% of India's population with the highest IQ's is GREATER than the total population of the United States. In other words; India has more honors kids than America has kids!

India is not to be underestimated.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Man i'm not racist, are u serious!! I am only stating the obvious, they have enough social, economic and infrastructure problems on Earth to worry about launching sht into outta space!!!

There is such a thing as being overly ambitious! Call me a racist!!, what a load of crap!!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Thanks SSimon!!

Awesome!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Their IQ or intelligence isnt being questioned, it is the priorities! Dont you think the money coulda been better spent at this point in time.

Also obviously the engineers missed something in regard to the launch..... the same could be said for any country, even if it was my own.

If you get a chance watch a movie called slumdog millionaire, its true of the culture and working class in may ways and the sorry state alot of the country is in.... I wish only the best for all fellow humans but i just launching satellites into space coulda waited and in hignsight, what a waste of money. Just lucky there werent trying to put people into orbit!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Britguy

Man i'm not racist, are u serious!! I am only stating the obvious, they have enough social, economic and infrastructure problems on Earth to worry about launching sht into outta space!!!

There is such a thing as being overly ambitious! Call me a racist!!, what a load of crap!!

I don't think you are racist. I think you are just bitter that Australia has provided, and continues to provide absolutely nothing to the world, whilst India continues to move up in social, economic, technological and educational standards.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

How can it not be racist? You attack their ability to launch the thing and go on to state that they'd probably lose control and cause havoc / pose a danger to other satellites. And this based only, it seems, on their third world country status.

Isn't all the junk already up there, causing a hazard, launched by the far superior western nations?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
If the Indians are so backward, then explain why so many high tech corporations have moved a lot of R&D centres to India? It's not just for the cheap labour either, their education systems are outstripping those of the US and other western nations.
True, for the most part their social structure is still way behind the west and they may be viewed as a third world country, but their technology advances and manufacturing base are now bigger due to the outsourcing of western jobs in the chase for ever bigger profits by western corporations. Many may still live in abject poverty with no trickle-down of the vast wealth being generated, but is that really any different then the west?

Did you call him wascit? What a wascally bigot you are?!

Everything Indians touch turns to some major balls up. Seen the Commonwealth Games? Great big Delhi Belly fest and new building falling apart. Been on an aeroplane serviced by Indians? Been to India itself? It’s one colossal toilet bowl.

Westerners go there for cheap labour and only cheap labour and that’s precisely what they get. Many western firms have brought back more critical operations to their country of origin.

For India to make any true progress they must cull their population to less than 50 million so that the $1 a day most earn can become $20-30 a day. Then maybe you can talk.

edit on 25-12-2010 by Macdon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Macdon

Yes!! The Com Games is a great example of the issues. The majority of americans dont even know what the commonweakth games are but yeah um look it up.

They had 4+ years to build stadiums, arena's and an athletes village yet 2 weeks before the opening ceremony there were still major problems. Armed military guarding venues because of threats etc. The visitors and athletes werent allowed out of supervised areas due to terror concerns.

Dont call me racist as per above post, that is offensive, Australia is much more multi- cultural compaied to many, many other countries on Earth. U have no problem with the race, its the government of these countries that are backward!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

reply to post by LiveForever8

Their IQ or intelligence isnt being questioned, it is the priorities! Dont you think the money coulda been better spent at this point in time.

The SAME can be said for the US. Our priorities are totally screwed up here!

I think any country trying to launch anything is a wonderful feat or task. If they missed something then well they can try again. I hope they succeed!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I totally agree, all the money spent on that last 10 years of war coulda been spent on Health and welfare, infrastructure. but yeah hmm apparently the governments are smarter than us lol what a joke.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hahaha

There are ways to argue a point.

Your way is how not to do it.

Yes, Havoc's opinion may have come across as small minded but yours, wow, does it take the cake!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hahaha

WTF - i dont even know what to say to that!! Sorry but that is totally offensive. What i said is nothing compaired to that!!

Also we do contribute alot, peace keeping, Aid ( money, charity and people ) oh wait we dont start wars though
we keep the peace. Look up Aus peace keeping!!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I wasnt being small minded or racist. i live with and work with many Indian people that have come here to live and work. I have no problem with them. All i am saying is the country itself is in a mess. Seriously if you doubt me, why not go over for a holiday
i have been there, seen the cities, the slums and the mess it is in. I am not being racist, only stating fact.

Sorry to be blunt but sometimes the truth hurts!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join