It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather in Europe - a UK perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hi all
I'm not going to bleat on about climate change - there are other threads for that. But I'm wondering why our UK media is resolutely ignoring what is happening in the rest of Europe? There is scant mention and you might easily think it is just UK . Could it be that publicity is being kept deliberately low key to stop us realising there is a 'bigger picture'?
Maybe I have been on here too long!
Happy Christmas peeps.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Absolutely... I'm always trying to look deep into the weather-man/woman's eyes and penetrate (using the force of course) to see if they are 'hiding' something ... or have 'fear' or ... some sort of 'cover-up' tone in their voice lately.

They have somehow lead the general public (moronic) to believe "global warming" is when the planet is extremely hot... (which is the opposite, the heat melts the ice creating a minor ice-age) ...

So everyone thinks it's just fine... Zillion degrees in one area, Minus a zillion on the other side...

Wake...................up!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I believe that if 'global warming' is happening then the Atlantic jet stream (that normally travels to the north of the UK) would move south.

therefore the UK would actually be colder than warmer.

Take this winter and the previous winter for example. The jet stream has been further south.

Just my own idea.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Damn your media doesn't tell you that there are winter weather outside the UK... oh # - this must be global then...
Just think low temperatures and snowing in North Hemisphere? Wow and it is December?
Isn't it winter?

Seriously, I'm 18 years old and even I recall winters with lower temperatures and harsher weather than this one.

P.S. - Look what I found:
Winter:Wiki
edit on 25/12/2010 by archasama because: added link

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by archasama

Seriously, I'm 18 years old and even I recall winters with lower temperatures and harsher weather.

I'm 60 and I have never experienced the sort of PROLONGED cold we are getting now. This is backed up by our own met office reports which say 'coldest since records began'. So about a 100 years back. This is being echoed by the farming families in our area - people who have farmed here for generations. With respect, I think between us we know rather more than you. But please do carry on living in your little bubble of self delusion if it makes you happy..
edit on 25-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

About climate change.

This book will answer a lot.

Pascal Bernardin, L’Empire écologique

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I find it amazing how many "once in a lifetime" weather related events we seem to be suffering. The worst thing about them is not the lack of preparation, the devastation, the upset and misery, but how the media grades the events in terms of importance according to the wealth of those affected.

Hull flooded, over 25% of a city of over 300,000 people was damaged yet hardly any mention. Carlisle, which is somewhat more picturesque gets more coverage, then the South get hit by a few inches of snow and it's the most important thing on the news.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This winter isn't even that bad, big deal, that's life. You dont hear people from Siberia complaining about the weather as complaining does nothing, going out and shovelling the snow from the footpath when it's fresh does.
edit on 25/12/2010 by naeem11111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well here in Romania.. we should have had -15 aprox. but we have +15 ... so the weather is kind of off with about 30 degrees C so we can't say that we are entering any ice age and that global warming is not true.

Ah and the southern part of the country is slowly turning into a desert.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

I am myself Romanian, living for the moment in the UK. As far as I understood, several days ago (20-21st of December) you got -20 and -25 (celsius) in Romania, then in a matter of days , +15. I find this quite strange myself.

In regards to the South of Romania, as far as I know it was always very dry with the tendency of becoming desert. During communism however, a lot of resources were invested for irrigation and improvements. At the moment, Romania is nothing else than Mafiocracy , so long term investments are not ringing a bell for our corrupted leaders, however this is another topic..

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

I don't know when you were last in the south but if you go now you will see that it has become difficult to cultivate anything now and the soil is basicly hardened dust ...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Bah - they keep using the "it's local, not global" crap to justify the flawed arguments.

The argument is that CO2 traps heat, that we are releasing more CO2 which is trapping more heat, right?

So how in the hell do they explain the required heat loss to get record low temps?

I also find it laughable that they think the last 150 years of temperature records are bullet-proof when it is widely known that most of the data is trash for one reason or another!

It is vitally important that thermometers are screened and sited in such a way that the installation itself does not affect the measurements, but even today we have not got this right, and many sites fail on one or both counts!

It is complete and utter madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely sick of arguing what is a fundamental point regarding temperature data, only for the pro MMGW camp to say "the scientists said" or "the IPCC said" or "what do you know?". What do I know? Obviously a damn sight more than YOU, you nieve moron! Go study physics and quit wasting my time!!!!

A question for those pro MMGW: if CO2 is causing the planet to heat up by preventing the earth from losing its heat to space, how are record lows possible???

To save you some typing, I have already seen the argument that because one part of the world is particularly cold, the other is particularly warm. This makes zero sense, and demonstrates a total lack of understanding for the topic.

To re-cap on the basic physics: the Sun warms the planet (strange but true
). The earth absorbs the radiation at one frequency, and emits it in another. The heat doesn't magically move from the colder to the warmer place simply because it is colder - this is totally impossible!

Sure air masses move, but the fundamental heat loss is from the ground in the IR spectrum. The wind can blow all it likes, the heat source ain't moving.

I am once again wasting my time.
edit on 26-12-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join