It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my house haunted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Ok, so last night I believe something happened in my house that could've only happened from a ghost or other supernatural being. I'm just going to add here that this is not the first time that something weird has happened in my house, but this is the best example that I myself has seen. The other cases were seen by my sister.
So what happened? I was walking through my kitchen and I had just walked past the table. all of a sudden I hear this scraping noise. I look over and there's a piece of paper folded twice and it is standing upright. It was sliding slowly across the table. It must've slid at least a foot. It was the creepiest thing I have ever seen. I love scary movies and they never scare me.
The "logical" explanation would be that I created a draft while I was walking by. And I repeated that to myself many times before I went to sleep(of course this happened right before I was going to sleep making it so difficult to fall asleep). However, I just finished taking physics in college, and this defied logic and physics. First, this thing moved slowly and for what seemed to be a long time. The way it moved was so creepy. Many people would've pi$$ed their pants if they saw this. Second, if it moved from a draft that I created, wouldn't it have knocked over the paper? Third, after it stopped, I walked over to it and started using my hands as a fan trying to recreate what I had just saw. The paper didn't move at all.
I think my house is haunted. I remember like 10 years ago, a ball rolled past my door. I looked around the hallway and my family was in the room in which the ball was heading, not from where it came. Also, my sister today said that her door opened while it was shut and locked when she was home alone one time. I never believed in ghosts, but after seeing this, I'm starting to believe.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It sounds like your house could very well be haunted. If you had indeed caused a draft when walking by, the paper would have moved, but it would drifted and probably upward, then fallen on its side. This is very interesting to me as I grew up in what I believe was a haunted house. Our humidifier would go on and off by itself. The rocking chair in the living room would occasionally rock when no one was sitting there. Many other things were witnessed not only by myself and the rest of my immediate family, but to my aunts and uncles who had previously grown up there. My grandmother died in the house, along with twins during childbirth. This may be why there was so much activity. Do you know anything about the history of your house? That may give some clues as to the reasons for paranormal activity there.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

Did you really finish taking physics? Really?
What are some of the things that your sister has experienced?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Yep, I took physics I last fall, took a break from it the spring semester, then finished Physics II this semester. It's sort of irrelevant to the post, but I thought I'd add it to show I have a decent knowledge of how things should move. I didn't bother asking my sister what else she'd seen. A locked door opening is good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

yeah i would say look into the house history if you can. but from what you have said i would think it to be a child's ghost. the small things that have happend and all, this would most often be referd to as a poltergist, but most don't know that a child ghost loves to play little games and tricks (rolling a ball, opening doors, unlocking or locking them...) if your really that curious try leaving out a ball in a room and see what happens. but you should know that a lot of them can be a bit shy, so if nothing happens when your in the room then try the ball thing but leave the room, or try putting out some toys just a few the ball included and come back around later i bet you she (yeah sorry thats just what im getting...) moves something!
she may even start to take a likeing to certain toys so take a mental note of where you leave what and try other rooms every so often it or she rather may like or be tied to one room in paticular.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mobocracy

I have no idea about the history of the house, but I do know it's not that old of a house. It's only like 30-40 years old. Earlier today, I found myself wondering if someone had died in the house.
I really want to perform some experiments to see if I can recreate what happened, but I have a feeling it won't work. Paper should've just fallen over. However, it made a scraping noise(the noise is what drew my attention in the first place), so there was obviously friction. That friction should've been enough to hold the bottom of the paper, while the top flipped over. Right?
I just wanna add that everything I said is true. But I really wouldn't blame anyone if they didn't believe me, seeing as I probably wouldn't believe it if this hadn't happened to me.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GunsInBothHands

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try that stuff out. And I think you're right about it being the ghost of a child. I actually came to that conclusion earlier today, but for another reason. When I sleep I usually have a fan blowing on me, it started because I was warm, but I grew accustomed to the noise. Well sometimes i feel a poke on my face while I'm falling asleep. I just assumed it was the wind from the fan. But it happened once last night while I was going to sleep. That got me to thinking and I concluded that it could be a child ghost, seeing as the bed height is about the right height of a child. Lol, same conclusion, completely different pathway.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think that phenomena experienced as you are drifting in and out of sleep are a bit suspect but yes your house could have a 'ghost'. Unless you feel the presence of evil, this is nothing to worry about. I used to have things happen in my house too - including an old man appearing in the kitchen. Much of this was witnessed by visitors so I know it is not just me!
I think it is reassuring to be aware that there is life beyond what we know.
edit on 25-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Reply to post by Ghost374

well i went to lay down for the night and my fish tank lid opened up and fell shut. yeah it scared the pi$$ outa me. i live alone so i came to the conclusion that when i layed down it may have created a viberation and knocked the lid closed... have you tryed to recreate the event by bumping the table, jump on the floor, anything that might make a viberation to move the paper. out of curiosity was there anything writen on the paper?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Do you beliieve in anything?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Perhaps you should take the advice of the Paranormal activity movies and put up some motion detection or security cameras in the house to see if there is more to your experiences.

And if you hear GEET OOOOUUUUTTT!!! in your EVP recordings you might want a exorcist.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There is one way you might find out. That is, talk to it if you think it's a sprit or something.
My personal experience.

I had something like what you explained happened only in an office my wife rented. Things-objects would move but, I never seen them move or my wife. She just knew that they were moved or missing . I saw moving shadows in the office hallways at night, when picking her up. Heard footsteps when no person was around. Then one night seen a shadow of person walk through a wall. Clear as day. I thought I was going nuts. So I decided to speak up. I said. " I know your here, stop taking my wife’s stuff. If you can hear me the let me know, knock on something give me a sign. " Then a big loud pounding came from the duct work in the ceiling. No person could fit in that ceiling with the duct work or in the duct work for that matter. My wife left that office and never returned. She broke the lease. I never believed in this stuff either until that office.

We later found out that there was a nursing home next door, I don’t know if this had anything to do with it, being that people die there. The office itself also used to be a Bar at one time. maybe a few people kicked the bucket at the bar. My wife figured maybe a sprit flew by from the nursing home and decided to stay in the office.

So just speak up you might get an answer.

edit on 27-12-2010 by SJE98 because: changed wording

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GunsInBothHands

that a very good point. take a mental note or a picture.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Reply to post by SJE98

i use to work with air ducts and they are flimsy enough that when the air/heat kicks on it makes the ducts pop in and out. try listening for the bangs next time the air/heat kicks on you might be able to recreate the event. im not doubting you at all just trying to find a non-paranormal explaination. here is a little experiment to try. where you hear the footsteps put some paper down maybe the ghost would step on the paper and this might amplify the sound of the footsteps enough so that youll know which way they are heading. idk if it would work tho.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

A fact that defies pyhsics and logics has not necessarily be out of their reach

even ghost one day will be explained by pyhsics and logic im sure.

now that sentece first off sounded nice, but I have no explanation
Maybe you live over a magnetic field, or maybe you magnetized it. I wish I could help a little more.

top topics

join