It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Years on the Boards For GF400.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Today marks my sixth year since I joined the really large family here at ATS. I, along with anyone else who has been here longer than me, can say that we have seen some big changes here over the years. Along with the changes, I have had and am still having one fun ride on ATS. Since I have been here six years, you'll probably ask the following question. "It says that you have been here for six years but you only have about 3K posts, why is that?" Very simple really, I have had at least three computers crash on me in those six years. Other than that, I am almost always on ATS nowadays just looking to find something that could get my interest. Needless to say that has happened recently.

In my six years here, I have made a lot of friends here on ATS. In those six years, I have probably made some enemies as well. Some of those enemies may no longer be on this site. As for who it could be, I really have no idea who it could have been. I will say that I have changed since I joined the ATS family. When I first started posting on here, I thought that I knew everything. Even though I lurked for somewhere close to nine months before I made my first post on here. As it would eventually turn out, I was wrong on that statement within about six months. I can honestly say that I have became much wiser and aware to our surrondings than what I was before I joined the family. In those six years, I have become more wiser and more aware of what is going on. After that, I only have two more things to say about the ATS family.

Thank you to those who have made this possible and thanks to those who I have became friends with on here over the years.

Six years on the ATS network, who'd a thunk it??

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Congradulations!

It makes me reflect on my time being here, it is quite short actually. I signed up in September 2009 but didn't come back until December 2009. So I have basically been here only 1 year, but it already feels so long, no complaints though. ATS is like family to me.

Let's make the next 6 years awsome.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Congratulations! I am a new member, but have been around ATS for years. What do you think is the biggest change that you have seen since joining ATS, I have been reading a lot of posts recently from older members who are disgusted in the quality of new members at ATS. Yesterday, out of boredom, I went back in time and read some posts from years gone by, and I recognized something. People are debating today the same things that they debated years ago. I was reading some posts from 2006, and some of the members were on there expressing disgust about the quality of new members that was on ATS.
Again congratulations....

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: WHISTLING! All Aboard the ATS Forum Boards please!... We be bound for the next post on this threads mainline! Chugga-chugga Chugga-chugga WoohWooh! I will always be reminded of the little red kabooses attitude... Thanks gimmie!
Your are a dear and much loved friend of OL's ..even if my profile etc does NOT reflect that ok.

P.S. a train inspired song that is one of OL's very favs... Good will to you and yours these happy holydays etc.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I was in that very same boat as you were Misoir. I signed up on Christmas Day 2004 and I didn't start posting until around August of 2005. It does feel like it has been that long ago but I'm not complaining either.

reply to post by VeniVidi

Thanks Veni.

What has been the biggest change that I have seen since joining ATS. I would say that it definately might as well have to be two things. The first thing would be the addition of the ATS Media Center and the complete facelift that was undertaken earlier this year. I mean yeah, we changed servers a few times over the past four years. However that was nothing compared to the integration of BTS and ATS into one massive forum page. Along with that, the user interface changed completely from what we have known in the past. Yes it took time to get used to it but its not that difficult to use as most would have thought. As for the people debating on the same things over and over again, you'll have that with a site this large. As with some of the members expressing disgust about the quality of new members. I would say that happens about every two or three weeks on here . I would guess that it depends on the quality of the posts that they make.

reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks and you're welcome OL.
:hails:

A little red caboose with an attitude!!! That is a new one on me there OL!!!
I have always thought that I have reminded myself of the aggravated trainmaster after a train wreck. If you want to watch anymore of my videos, I've got plenty on Youtube. I am always glad to consider you one of my friends on here.

Before I forget, this video is of a horn that gave the Chessie System its character in the 1970s and 80s.

The same can be said about this horn which the Seaboard System, the Atlantic Coast Line, and the Louisville & Nashville used for years.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

edit on 25-12-2010 by SSimon because: (no reason given)

In "ATS years" it makes what 30 or 40...happy birthday
edit on 25-12-2010 by SSimon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I guess congratulations are in order!

That is a massive accomplishment gimme!
And here's to many more years

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Thirty to forty in "ATS years" sounds about right for my age here. Maybe its a good thing that we aren't going by dog years. If we were, I'd be one ancient puppy.

reply to post by BlackPoison94

Thanks Ms. Poison.

I never thought that I would have made it six years on here but boy did I think wrong.
Here's to another six years and 500 more miles around boards.:drnk::drnk::drnk:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
happy aniversary gimme

i am pretty glad you joined the board 6years ago
if you wouldn.t, we never would have met

i am looking forward for the coming years
the impact this site will leave in each of us

so :cheer: and have a wonderful day

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Thanks Miss Orange.

I'm glad that I did and that I have met new faces on here. I think the coming years on here are going to bring more surprises. This site has already impacted a bunch of us with its indellible mark.

top topics

join