It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human race on the endangered species list?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place to post this.
I am starting to think that with everything I am seeing and reading about that is going on in the world to day that maybe it is time for the human race to go the way of the dinosaurs. We have had a good run but now it is time to move aside and let some other life form move up the ladder.
And if this man is right that is going to happen in 100 years or less as the human race becomes extinct.

Human race extinction

Do you think the human race has a right or even a chance to keep on going like we are now

I feel we have lost the right and any chance and we must change in order to get them back but can we or should we even try. Just look about you and ask your self "What it is going to be like 20 years from now or 50 years from now."

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

not going to happen short of a world destroying event...it's very likely that our population will be dramatically reduced in much less than 100 tears but extinct...i think not

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I do not know about extinct but if the population does get bigger at a faster rate, we are in big trouble. We cannot feed the entire world right now so imagine another 3-4 billion people within the next century or so. Even quicker than that I guess.

It will be anarchy and then you could see an extinction event caused by no-one but ourselves.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I think things will improve when we all become homosexual vegetarians.
People will only be allowed to procreate when they have passed a parenting license, and have the means to do so.
Didn't the dinosaurs turn into birds and chickens?
Perhaps we'll grow feathers instead of hair, and the reptilians can factory farm us in little cages.
Eventually those conditions will make us give them a new flu, which will wipe them all out, and we'll be free to spread our wings...

Sorry, had some tipsy tart for Christmas.

More seriously though: you say we should let some other creature move up the ladder to our position.
Can they really change and evolve like that?
What creature do you suppose it should be?

I'd say it should be the kitty cats.
They are so laid back and human.
Perhaps we should begin speeding up their evolution with training and breeding.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a "right" to be at the top of the ladder. If your species has the strengths and smarts to be at the top, and remain there, then they will.

The human race has done just that, and we will remain at the top of the ladder. Even if the whole world goes to #, we will still remain at the top of the ladder.

But then again, what does it mean to be more "evolved"?

Is it the length of life you can live? Because we are not the ones able to live the oldest. Is it strength? We are not the strongest. Intelligence? That's all we have above other species on this planet.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm curious....

What exactly are the necessary statistics that will get you on the list ?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I am not really sure. But if the man is right and we humans are on the way out lets see if we can come up with some replacements. They need to be smart. tool usage would be nice. Be able to adapt to new things as quick as possible. Show that they can think and if would help if they showed there were self aware. I think that animals the have had human contact and have learned from things we do would have a head start. Those that could make the most of the junk we leave behind would also have a head start. In the end it maybe more than one animal the replaces the human race.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Planet Of The Apes!
Nice.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You really think it would be a good thing that the new species in control of the world should be anything like we are ?

I really don't believe that to be a good idea

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

i highly doubt it.....maybe slightly depopulating but not endangered

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

You really think it would be a good thing that the new species in control of the world should be anything like we are ?

I really don't believe that to be a good idea

No, I did not say that. I am just saying those that could make the best use of what we left behind would fare the best as they would have a head start. Not any of them would be driving cars and talking on cell phones or anything like that.

I am talking the simplest of things like being able to make fire to stay warm.

I know a man that could not understand how the fire in the fire place was always still burning in the morning. This oddity bugged him for 3 years (3 winters) until he caught the dog going out side and dragging fire wood off the front porch and putting in the fireplace. It would bring in small stuff it could throw without getting to close. He just about had a heart attack watching this. The dog understood the fire ment it stayed warm and the fire needed wood to keep burning.

Now that is a one in a billion shot but things like that and even more simple things is what i was talking. I hope they are nothing like us or they too would be doomed

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

That is actually a cool story man. Thanks for sharing !

I can tell you that a lot of animals posses an intelligence beyond our current understanding and that this was not a 1 in a billion dog. Still... A rarity but... less rare then you might think.

top topics

join