It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas Mass bombed by Jihadists in Philippines.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
A Catholic Christmas mass was bombed by Islamic extremists at 7:15 on Saturday morning.
It left six people wounded.
Here is the story:
www.google.com...

I think that is really disgusting.
While it is true that majority Muslim countries were bombed in the past decade, there were massive protests against this in Western countries with Christian majorities.
I hope that sentiment will be returned.

What was the point of bombing these civilians at a religious gathering?
edit on 25-12-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
As an extremist Muslim, you are taught by these fanatic Imams to hate Christians, Jews, and the Nation of Israel. These extremists are indoctrined toward their hatred of the West and of Israel that they are willing to die or kill civilians to spread as much fear and panic as they can on a given scale. This gathering of Catholics celebrating Christmas was just one example of the hatred that extremist Muslims have for the West and Christianity. Also, the West has been targeted in the past by these extremist for supporting Israel in the past. Even though we should support Israel, there are things going on over there that most of us may or may not agree with. However, it is events like this that make the peaceful Muslims worldwide be judged like the extremists that even they themselves shun away.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
As much as I would like to endorse your raw emotion for this tragedy, there is one line in that article that tells me to take a breath and step back.

He added that besides the Abu Sayyaf, other possible suspects included individuals acting on a personal grudge.

In other words, they really have no idea who did this and any accusations at this time are just speculation.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Thanks for pointing this out.
That would set a new precedent for personal grudges, but bearing in mind that possibility, we can speculate.
www.heraldsun.com.au...

edit on 25-12-2010 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Well, if we are purely speculating here...

The MO is consistent with Abu Sayyaf, and they are a known Muslim Extremest group operating out of the Philippines. If I had to venture a guess as to who is responsible, I would (purely speculation here) say it is probably them.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
When will all the hatred end?
Peace on earth, goodwill to men.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
When will all the hatred end?
Peace on earth, goodwill to men.

It'll end when there are no more men.

As long as there are men, there will be wars - Plato (i believe)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by halfoldman

Well, if we are purely speculating here...

The MO is consistent with Abu Sayyaf, and they are a known Muslim Extremest group operating out of the Philippines. If I had to venture a guess as to who is responsible, I would (purely speculation here) say it is probably them.

Actually they are a separatist group and their religion is incidental. Separatist groups in the Muslim Indonesia were heavily supported by the West but islanders who object to the domination of the nominally Christian Filipinos are being called extremists.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

Which "west" heavily supported them? I'm pretty sure that the US government has condemned every terrorist act they have accomplished. And yes, I am aware that the US does not make up the generalized term of "west" but typically when someone says that, they are inferring a US relationship with the label. That is why I asked you to be more specific.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

When one says "the West" it means the loose confederation of Western nations. While Western states pursue individual interests such as with France and to a lesser extent the UK, a general trajectory of mutual interests is defined by the US. There are leagues of power centres amongst Western states with a preeminence lent to the US.

The terrorist organisation attacking a Muslim state was the separatist Free Aceh Movement in Indonesia. This terrorist organisation was strongly supported by the former colonial master, the Netherlands, who facilitated sedition and terrorism in Indonesia and they successfully secured support from the US for the separation of the resource rich Aceh islands from Indonesia.

In contrast, the Abu Sayyaf Group, long ignored by the US, was designated as a terrorist group on the behest of the zionist lobby group the Council on Foreign Relations.

The Philippines is a massive distribution of islands with dozens of ancient islands that were forced under the domain of the previous colonial masters, the Spanish and the US. Now some of these islanders want to go their way but only the Muslim separatists are designated as terrorists.

It is common amongst Americans and zionists to consider any Muslim terrorists if it suits their interests.

Hope that clarifies my comment. Cheers

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification.
While I do agree that many Americans in politics label all Muslims as terrorist when it suits their agenda, I am happy to say that the majority of citizens do not. While there are times when I let my emotions get the best of me and jump on the band wagon, I soon begin to reel myself back to reality and ground myself in sanity. I do wish I could say that I know many Muslims, but unfortunately I do not. I do know a few through my place of employment and honestly, they are all very decent people. In fact, of the few I know, one just had a baby and it was celebrated by everyone in my department. She is a sweetheart.

As for the rest of the info you gave, thank you. I had no knowledge of this. I will do some research and try to better enlighten myself on these matters.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Good for you mate. Knowledge is power and it prevents others from manipulating you. Do your own research and always remember that all human beings are fundamentally the same and the dynamics is generally about self interest. Do let anyone tell you other human beings are monsters.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hope Art Bell and his family are ok, I miss him this year on the yearly New Years shows...

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Also, I dream of a world that is truly unified by all geographic areas, one where we begin to evolve into a type 1 society and all that a life lived in consciousness brings. When things like this happen it just makes me realize how close to the end we truly are.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Did you know Shakespeare's Othello was a based on the black Arabian, Antar the warrior poet?

Of him;

“Antar in this case, to Abla statue in his heart he did speak

With a waterfall of poetry, her love to seek

From tyranny so cruel, and sorrow in his heart…

Oh bird, take my tears and lend me your wings

So I’ll fly to Abla, with the evening winds”

edit on 31-12-2010 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Perfect, just perfect. In sorrow we mask our joys of today and cast aside the difficulties of tomorrow on the evening as the sun declines on the edge of the moors. When happiness finds its way to my heart I fall down to the ground and cling close to the breast of the earth, for just as a babe in the woods the glee will bring sadness and whispers of loves lost refrain.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yep, supposedly a radical - outlaw group of financially motivated Muslims.

BS.

They're following the teachings of their Islamic leaders.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
Yep, supposedly a radical - outlaw group of financially motivated Muslims.

BS.

They're following the teachings of their Islamic leaders.

In this case, you will have to prove who their "Islamic leaders" are and what the are telling their so called followers or we shall conclude that it in fact it id you that has set up a BS production line.

new topics

top topics

join