It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An introduction...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Before I continue, most sincere apologies if this introduction is in the wrong place. The interwebs are a strange and confusing thing to me. I really wish I was being silly when I say that I normally rely on a type-writer for my word processing needs. That's neither here, nor there though. What I have to say in regards to a description of myself would be that I am a long time reader, an open minded individual, and generally a hateful cynical git. I'm Roma (for those of you who even knows what that means) and possess (to my dubious honour) a doctorate in history. Other than that, people will have to get to know me the olde fashioned way, specifically through conversation and my various comments (acidic as they may be). My initial attraction to this most interesting site was the cryptozoology section, I have however since then devoured the rest of the site like an avenging god. This is all I have to say... I think. In fact, I'm fairly sure of it.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadJester

Welcome to ATS DJ..
I like people with a bit of bite and a healthy sense of humour..
I'm sure you'll fit in fine..
I personally know little about history but have learnt much reading many of the threads here..
It is a fascinating subject and I always learn something new..

Edit to add your first ATS flag...
edit on 24-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

So you are a pretty smart person to sign up here. I like to remind the new members of this one thing. The truth more than anything is what we seek out here. If you stick to the truth as you know it I garantee it will always cover your ass
Here's your reminder.

And welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Welcome along.

Hopefully you can use some of your knowledge of history to calm some of the histrionics.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
konichiwa
Welcome to the board I enjoy history myself though I am an armature historian.
I hope you can bring your historical insights to aid us all on our quest for knowledge.

sayonara

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

*laughs* Oh I'm not sure even I can calm some of the histrionics I've seen in this fine establishment!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Hope to see your posts here soon.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
hello and welcome

I am also a newcomer to the boards. My initial interest was also Cryptozoology but like you I gravitated towards other aspects of the forums. For obvious reasons Cryptids soon find their way into 'Alien/daemon' threads and said threads soon found their way on to my radar! Daemons/aliens led to ancient civilizations and now I am totally lost!!

I have only one piece of advice for you and that is.....

remember to check every link, confirm to your own standards every statement, don't take what is written as gospel, people lie to further their own beliefs...

Welcome anyway this is a brilliant place to pic up on some new ideas!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ah hah ! A fellow 'technophobe' ... I swear I was not intended for this century but here I am ... swore I would never have a computer or mobile ... sadly relented to both.

That said if I had not then I would not have found ATS and that really would have been sad.

Enjoy the time you spend here and I look forward to seeing you on the boards. Woody

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Welcome aboard.
You are difinitely in the right place. Just don't overdo the "hateful, cynical" part of your personality and you'll be fine. I am one of those who know what a Roma is and let me tell you that - contrary to what most of my compatriots here in Greece feel about them - they are wonderful people mostly.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I'm still not relenting in my "no bloody cell phones" crusade! *shudders* then people would be able to reach my no matter where I went! T'would be a horrific thought! Thanks kindly for the welcome, always good to see more articulate pagan-type folks about the dank abyss that is the internet!

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Hi DeadJester, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join