It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did G.I. Joe cartoon predict Illuminati conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

G.I. Joe is an iconic cartoon TV show that marked an entire generation of young boys during the 80s. Most fans still recall the main characters and the epic gun fights. But what about the storyline? A look at the TV series in today’s context is quite a strange experience: Many of Cobra’s “far-out” plots are actually happening today. Could G.I. Joe be a case of predictive programming? We will look at some G.I. Joe episodes describing the replacement of the US dollar and the usage of mind control on celebrities and civilians and see how they relate in today’s context.

Source

He goes over a few episodes that cover Cobra making 'darkness' over part of the Earth, Celebrity mind control, destroying paper currency, and using mind controlled civilians. It's pretty interesting. Do you think it was intentional or as a warning to us?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

It's pretty typical cold war fare, especially with the superspy/marine genre. Inspector Gadget, Lupin III, James Bond, Nick Fury; there are dozens of examples. They're all based on rumours or reports that were widel known at the time. Remember, before there was internet access, there was a thriving magazine market!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Oh GOD.

ANOTHER person who believes that a CARTOON predicted something.

Next thing you know, we'll have some whackjob telling us that Dora the Explorer predicted the Satanic Reptilian NWO takeover that's happening on JANUARY 6TH. See there you go, that's my prediction for the year!

Oh, and just to make it ATS official I'll post a random video of a clip from the show. If you look closely you'll see all the REAL TRUE PROOF that the SATANIC NWO is TAKING OVER on JANUARY 6TH!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Of course it's an indicator.

Once you reach a certain level of awareness, these things just jump out at you.

With the Illuminati and lower-level rulers, they love to hide things in plain sight. It's a game to them. I've heard it's some code of conduct, but I think they just enjoy stickin' it to the masses. Such messages come in all shapes and sizes. Stargate SG-1 is my favorite.

The cobra is also used in some occult groups as a symbol for expanded awareness. It directly relates to Kundalini, the fiery serpent energy that, through meditation, rises through the chakra system and initiates enlightenment. That's an obvious Masonic connection.

Isn't there some guy swearing to 'Cobra' around here? Let's hear what he has to say!

edit on 24-12-2010 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperZepto

OMG!

Its so clear, the NWO is taking over on Jan 6th!

BTW, it looks like somebody needs to brush up on video embedding.

Back on topic though: maybe the NWO Illuminati are stealing their ideas from the old GI Joe program. Who's gonna believe that REAL megalomaniacs would steal the plots from a kids cartoon for their real world plans for world domination.

reply to post by Mayura

Isn't there some guy swearing to 'Cobra' around here? Let's hear what he has to say!

You're thinking of MikeboydUS. Don't know if he's really affiliated with Cobra or if its just some kind of joke.

edit on 12/24/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The word predict can hardly be applied here. Firstly because I don't think that any of those things have actually happened and secondly because people have written about "the illuminate" since the late 18th century.

If anything GI joe is ripping of the illuminatus trilogy, published in the 70's which in turn got a lot of its ideas from unpublished letter sent to playboy magazine

edit on 24-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would believe that GI Joe used Illuminati Mind control tactics if they ended their shows like this.

don't go outside submit consume

edit on 24-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Greetings my fellow ATSers,

It has been brought to my attention that COBRA has been implicated as being part of the Illuminati. This is not the first time this has happened. COBRA in the past has been insinuated by Alex Jones and others as being affiliated with the Illuminati.

I can assure you my fellow ATSers, this is simply not true.

First and foremost, the Illuminati have not existed in over 200 years. Their order was dissolved in 1785.
Therefore this prevents any association with them.

I know others will still claim, "But what about the NWO?"

I can assure you we here at COBRA have no affiliation any apparatus of globalization.

The following presentation better explains our position.

Merry Christmas and Hail COBRA!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperZepto
Oh GOD.

ANOTHER person who believes that a CARTOON predicted something.

Next thing you know, we'll have some whackjob telling us that Dora the Explorer predicted the Satanic Reptilian NWO takeover that's happening on JANUARY 6TH. See there you go, that's my prediction for the year!

Oh, and just to make it ATS official I'll post a random video of a clip from the show. If you look closely you'll see all the REAL TRUE PROOF that the SATANIC NWO is TAKING OVER on JANUARY 6TH!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Lets not forget the GI Joe HAARP episode! with weather control and all that...I noticed a few GI Joe episodes (not coming to mind right now) that touched on a few conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
All of these conspiracy theories were out there, in the wind being talked about and written about in books and such well before the GI Joe cartoon was on the air. I think the GI Joe writers more likely just mined this stuff for fun plot ideas. When you are a staff writer on a show, or writing anything, really, you absorb a lot of related (and unrelated) media in the hopes of finding an idea for a story. It's the only way to do it. When they need 22 different story ideas a year for the show, they are going to take whatever they can get from anywhere the can find.

new topics

top topics

join