It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate road contruction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There is a construction project going on in town here. They are building a "new and improved" bridge over the Mighty Mississippi.

Luckily for us commuters, the project only has another 3 YEARS! And it started 2 years ago. 5 years of construction. That sucks.

Anyone else fed up with construction?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yeah, I feel your pain. I-95, 495, 395, it's always congested here in Northern Virginia. Seems everytime you drive past the construction crew or road crew all they are doing is NOTHING! Just standing there talking and holding their shovels. Milking the clock. Also, it seems they give a drivers license to just about anyone.

Just like on "Ferris Bulers Day Off", little old ladies driving 30 mph under the speed limit, running people over, dying at the wheel........

Sometimes I'd feel safer driving with a bunch of drunks on the road.

I can only imaging how it is in South Florida

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
here they are building a new bridge to galveston..HOORAY! Only about 5 more years andnow we'll have a pointless bridge....HOORAY! We already have 2, but hey, why not spend our tax dollars as something so important as another bridge that no one will use? Heck, you only live once. Unfortunately, we'll all die before the stupid bridge is done!

I feel you man.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I hate detours specially when you are not familiar with the area and have no clue where the detour is going to take you, all because of constructions.
:shk:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
baked, you must be well aquainted with The Mixing Bowl in Springfield, then. A mess that was a mess at conception and is now being turned into a more reasonable mess. *L*

I wish more construction could be done at night. When I worked graveyard they had those guys out there all the time, and the lights they used blasted it up like daytime! Probably costs more, but the backups caused with New Traffic Patterns and 3 Mile Delays is more than most people can stand. Especially in summer with no a/c in the car! But I guess they don't like it anymore than we do, most likely. I'm betting they see an awful lot of angry faces going by.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yeah, The mixin bowl. I hate it! I can see it from the window where I work.
It's impossible to tell which exit to take and God forbid you get on the HOV without 2 passengers during rush hour. It's like a $120 ticket and they are always watching the HOV lanes. They always have someone pulled over.
I try to avoid it most the time. Traffic around here is INSANE.

top topics

join