It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could cause a house to "zap" people who walk past?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I was just talking to my sister about a strange phenomenon in the town we used to live in, and I thought if anyone had ideas to explain it, it would be people on this forum. This is just one of many "strange" events in my life, but I'm not sure if it's connected to anything else. When I was in college, there was a house I walked past almost every day to get to the bus stop. It had tall hedges in front of it, hiding the front of it, and sometimes there was a new-looking car parked outside. Every time I walked past this particular house, I would get what I can only describe as a "zapping" sensation in my head, with a sort of electrical buzzing, like a mild shock to my brain. Two of my siblings had the same experience every time they walked past this house, but I don't think we ever brought it up to anyone else, because, well, it sounds a little tin-foil-hat-crazy, doesn't it? If anyone else in the neighborhood noticed it, they also kept it to themselves. None of us were on any medication at the time, and I have never felt anything else like it. It has only happened to me when walking past that particular house. There was nothing peculiar about the house except for the high hedges in front - no more electrical wires going to it than any other house in the neighborhood, that I could see. No cell phone towers nearby (this was the late 90s).

So...What could cause this? I could feel a buzzing in my head getting close to the house, and then it would happen just when we'd reach a certain point in front of the house - zap! But if we went a block out of the way, it wouldn't hit us, whatever it was. What do you think they were doing in there? I never saw who lived there. Meth lab...?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It could be as simple a invisible pet fence out of wack,
or it could be a test for some type of microwave weapon.
to see the response they got when when they fired it at a human target.
It seems these people(military) have a tendency to test on unknowing subjects.
before taking to theater of war.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
could be something that's not properly grounded or terminated (in the ground or out of ground throwing a light 'zap' via a conduit like metal or water source) -- metal sprinkler system interacting with an energy source, etc.

I've gotten zapped by faulty electrical fencing too that was near a string of water similar to above poster.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Hmm.. Interesting.. Only thing can think of is static shock ..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a man sitting inside it shooting a stun gun at people

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Was there any lamp posts near by and was it raining at the time? Could be bad earth on something elecrical as above poster mentioned.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burdenofdreams

really hard to offer anything without knowing more,
things i would ask are:
you the only one experiencing this?
where on your person?
could you 'hear' any sounds, humming crackling?
were you touching anything?
were there main lines overhead?

i've seen broken buried neutrals create similar conditions but you'd be getting hit harder than a zap tingle,
seriously overloaded overheads, or pole cans can cause ambient air charges.
need more info op

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
A malfunctioning invisible pet fence sounds pretty reasonable, because it only happened within a certain radius of the house, though I remember it being more at a certain point. Also, it was up the hill from a little creek, so the ungrounded electrical theories sound promising too. This was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure the closest streetlight was on the other side of the street from the house. I didn't hear anything like you hear near an electrical main line, it was more like a sharp zapping feeling, and not through my whole body, just in my head. No sound that I can recall. Two siblings also experienced this, and maybe others, but I never really bothered to ask people about it because it sounds so utterly stupid, and it was in a neighborhood where people pretty much keep to themselves. We thought maybe they were using a lot of electricity to make meth (common in those days, in that town, which has cleaned up since) or grow weed, hence the tall hedges. Needless to say, we started going out of our way to get to the bus stop, not wanting to know what repeated electrical zaps could do to us. Whatever it was, it's probably fixed by now, but I hope it hasn't harmed our health in some way. Like by making me visit conspiracy websites.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by burdenofdreams

They didn't have a wire properly grounded is my guess.
The ground wire in my house was chewed or frayed somehow and I got buzzing in my head and two tvs vibrated and smoked. This was our main grounding, wire, I assume it wasn't the main ground wire but a secondary in their case, because if it was the main one, the house would have burned down or the wire would have had to be fixed so it didn't burn down.

new topics

top topics

join