It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Water -Science Observes H2O Acting Weird

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
"They have a car that's run on water, man. It's run on water!"
It's sad that most people don't know how remarkable water is. It's one of the very few chemicals that expands when frozen. It's the best(and by best I mean its capable of dissolving the most things) solvent known to man. It has the largest difference between melting point and boiling point of all chemicals(more evidence that life is probably all over the universe)(or it could be the smallest difference(I know it is one of the extremes), which would show just how special our planet's position/temperature was). I learned most of these in my Organic Chemistry class last year.

You need to hit the books in General Chemistry some more. I mean, Organic Chemistry is the study of slimy stuff. Biochemistry is the study of slimy stuff that crawls. Anyway, in the department of melting/boiling differences, water is a wimp. Water has a difference of 100 degrees Celsius or Kelvin. Iron has a difference of 1,323. Cobalt is over 1,400 difference. Uranium is 3,000 degrees.
And while water is very good at dissolving other polar molecules or ompounds, it isn't much good at all at dissolving non-polar stuff, like oil, for instance. Most of the characteristics mentioned in the Physorg article are a result of the polar nature and associated hydrogen bonding of the water molecule. While each of the three atoms in a water molecule are electrically neutral, because of each having the same number of protons and electrons, by virtue of the way the electrons are shared, it has polarity. One way to visualize a water molecule is to think of Mickey Mouse's head. The Oxygen is Mickey's head and the 2 hydrogens are his ears. His head, because of the greater electronegativity of oxygen, is negatively charged, while the ears are positive. A really good tutorial on polarity and hydrogen bonding in water is at www.biology.arizona.edu...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
- Nice find....

To whoever is interested in water... 2 different type of story.

Jesse Ventura's CT season 2. World Wide Water. - (show how important and essential use of water is jeopardize becauce it is an industry)

&

Masaru Emoto's work on how emotions affect water.

Check those out!!!!

Water might be the closest thing to "God" that we have....

Therefore some people will try to control it - like any type of energy.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Actually funny you say that, the staff that Moses had was actually a counter gravity device of some kind, similar to what was used to modify gravity to build Coral Castle in FL

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
When will we become a type 1 planet and start using Uranus as our source of energy? I mean, figure out a way to seperate the water from the methane and BAM! we're set for life

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by Ghost374
"They have a car that's run on water, man. It's run on water!"
It's sad that most people don't know how remarkable water is. It's one of the very few chemicals that expands when frozen. It's the best(and by best I mean its capable of dissolving the most things) solvent known to man. It has the largest difference between melting point and boiling point of all chemicals(more evidence that life is probably all over the universe)(or it could be the smallest difference(I know it is one of the extremes), which would show just how special our planet's position/temperature was). I learned most of these in my Organic Chemistry class last year.

You need to hit the books in General Chemistry some more. I mean, Organic Chemistry is the study of slimy stuff. Biochemistry is the study of slimy stuff that crawls. Anyway, in the department of melting/boiling differences, water is a wimp. Water has a difference of 100 degrees Celsius or Kelvin. Iron has a difference of 1,323. Cobalt is over 1,400 difference. Uranium is 3,000 degrees.
And while water is very good at dissolving other polar molecules or ompounds, it isn't much good at all at dissolving non-polar stuff, like oil, for instance. Most of the characteristics mentioned in the Physorg article are a result of the polar nature and associated hydrogen bonding of the water molecule. While each of the three atoms in a water molecule are electrically neutral, because of each having the same number of protons and electrons, by virtue of the way the electrons are shared, it has polarity. One way to visualize a water molecule is to think of Mickey Mouse's head. The Oxygen is Mickey's head and the 2 hydrogens are his ears. His head, because of the greater electronegativity of oxygen, is negatively charged, while the ears are positive. A really good tutorial on polarity and hydrogen bonding in water is at www.biology.arizona.edu...

1: He did say it could be the smallest difference, he wasn't sure
2: Organic Chemistry deals with the molecular structure of carbon-based elements. You will learn alot about water in all types of chemistry
3: Yes, it is the most capable of dissolving of all the elements.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Blimey, synchronicity!

I just thought exactly the same thing.

I was thinking...hmmm, maybe *that's* why some UFO's have been seen to be taking on water..

What if the water was in a large, circular tube and was subjected to ultra high DC voltages..i wonder if the water would levitate the ring it was in?

I was also thinking that this research gives a lot more credence to the whole HHO field as a viable and beneficial technology.

Thanks OP, interesting stuff.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
reply to post by againuntodust

Ah, the mighty scientific institutions are still in kindergarten concerning the consciousness that exists all around us.

I bet 2012 will be the year when Earth shifts frequencies and ignites into a being of light, aka a STAR.

Any takers?

So long as it's not produced by the Large Hadron Collider @ CERN, then I'm ok with it..

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I dunno about Electric Jesus.....but think about how many fish and eels have developed electrical generating properties....wonder if they originally evolved it, not for defense...but for giving them an added bit of propulsion through the water? Or, think about how spawning fish seem to be able to swim "up" waterfalls to get back to their spawning grounds.....(still I've never heard any evidence of those particular fish being electric)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
3: Yes, it is the most capable of dissolving of all the elements.

Water is a polar protic solvent and therefore will not mix or dissolve nonpolar substances. Examples include lipids (fats), alcohol, etc.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Johnmike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Water molecules in star-forming regions can undergo a population inversion and emit radiation at 22 GHz, creating the brightest spectral line in the radio universe. Some water masers also emit radiation from a vibrational mode at 96 GHz.

Extremely powerful masers, associated with active galactic nuclei, are known as megamasers and are up to a million times more powerful than stellar masers.

Maybe, USOs are using water masers...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
looks like

it's just about that time!!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Yes, it works horrible on fats etc, but it still dissolves the most

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
This article makes me wonder if Jesus had some electrical properties that let him walk on water. Seems plausible. We all have electricity, if one could harness it maybe they could walk on water? Cool thread.

Why don't you use the scientific method to investigate the existence of Jesus before using it as a tool of your confirmatory bias? We have observable evidence that water forms a bridge when exposed to electricity. Without using the Bible, provide some proof that Jesus existed and could actually walk on water. Science isn't used to prove hypotheses. It is used to actively try to disprove them. They only become theories when you fail to disprove them.

In summary, if you were actually interested in supporting your Bible fairy tales, you would be trying to disprove them to strengthen them. Contrary to the scientific method, you're grasping at straws looking for any way to prove them while likely discounting anything that speaks to the contrary. Obviously, you don't understand science at all.

edit on 25-12-2010 by andrewh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

Originally posted by againuntodust
This article makes me wonder if Jesus had some electrical properties that let him walk on water. Seems plausible. We all have electricity, if one could harness it maybe they could walk on water? Cool thread.

Doubtful. With al the mistruths about Jesus that float around what makes you think that this one is true?

Chris angel walks on water and no one worships him, well, anyone with a half a brain doesn't.

Pred...

Not quite. Chris Angel walks on transparent plexiglass located just beneath the surface of the water and has paid actors standing and swimming around showing feined astonishment.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

To the OP very cool find S&F.

To ELahrairah: I do alot of playing with HHO generators too. One note of caution. DO NOT EVER build a device like the one shown in the video. It disregards all safety considerations. It permits the gas generated to just escape willy nilly. Good way to blow yourself up. Hydrogen is ungodly explosive. I filled a small 3" balloon with HHO and set it off remotely behind a plexiglass shield with hearing protection, and in an enclosed building. I still nearly went deaf, and the cops showed up looking for whoever was shooting the high powered rifle. This was maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of a liter of HHO. It sounded like a .300 win. mag. I don't even want to know what setting off a few minutes of accumulation from that unenclosed cell would do. HHO is lighter than air so it would accumulate around the ceiling. Turn on a light with a little short in it, or turn a ceiling fan on etc... You get the idea. I can imagine it could remodel your home/garage in short order.

Learn, and experiment, and have fun, but do it safely.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Whose to say Jesus didn't do the same thing?

He was known as a magician.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Quite surprised that no one has touched on the subject of charged water technology as a way to move
the stones that built the pyramids...water was abundant in Egypt thousands of years ago....then there is Coral Castle....

Just a thought...if the water were just the right mix of salt and water, magnetism and the work of building was done at night when the properties are different than during the day, who's to say that one could not build things in such a manner?

There are so many possibilities....but very few dreamers.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

I happen to believe the Bible is accurate as a historical document. Hope that answers your concern about validity of existence. If not, we can agree to disagree, I've gone over the argument before and don't care to do so again - as have you, I imagine.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
TOOL
edit on 25-12-2010 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join