It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1992-2012 : "The Time of No-Time" - Mayans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The Mayans speak of 1992-2012 being "The time of no-time". The last 20 years of the cycle our sun is currently in. They believe that at the end of this cycle we will be entering another age of earth. This threads main purpose is not for discussing what is going to happen at the end of this cycle. There are PLENTY of threads on ATS for that dreaded date, 21st December 2012. Heck there is even a forum dedicated to that date so please keep the discussion centred to what is below.

What I would like to discuss with you folks here at ATS is what the Maya meant by 1992-2012 being "The Time of No-Time". It interests me partly because I am a 1992 child myself but also because I believe that when an advanced ancient civilisation such as the Mayans have noted a period of time that we live in as very important, then I believe the subject deserves some serious thought and discussion.

The Mayans talk of great change happening on earth as we enter the new age, What kind of change are they talking about?

I don't know about you but this subject really interests me and seeing as I was born at the very start of this period I don't really have any life experience of before this "Time of no-time" and period of great change.

What changes have any of you older than me members observed in this "Time of no-time"?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
The Mayans speak of 1992-2012 being "The time of no-time". The last 20 years of the cycle our sun is currently in.

I am not familiar with "The time of no time". Did a Google search and nothing came up.

Just never heard before.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Nice thread, I hope people will respect your wishes of the direction you are trying to take.

Being one of the elders you seemed to be trying to ask,I suppose on one hand I could say the list of changes could go on for hours really, but I think in a way, to keep it simple, you have answered your own question. The time of no time.
How often do you see people that are in a hurry, They have no time to wait, to stop and smell the roses, no patience. Im guessing you might get my drift here. The world is now internet fast, fast food, fast just get me there, just fast fast fast.... Perhaps that is a clue of a answer to your question in the fast answer!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by safemode

I've also never heard of "Time of no Time"
Sounds like the calm before the storm to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I like the Mayans, they were some pretty cool cats. But why (oh why!?) people hang on their every word regarding these issues is beyond me.

The whole 2012 thing is just a joke that got out of hand. I don't know what they meant by "The Time of No-Time" (source for that?) but I'm certain it isn't going to effect us in the slightest.
edit on 24/12/2010 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

What certifies you as a Mayan elder?

I definitely see where you are coming from, the world does seem to have got itself into a major industrial, economic and social rush. People don't seem to appreciate the most amazing things in life any more such as nature. The important things are being taken for granted whilst the materialist worthless things are being almost idolised.

reply to post by fasteronfire

reply to post by safemode

I have no sources at hand but if you have researched the Mayans, their prophecies and their calendars fairly thoroughly then you would have come across this multiple times I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
webcache.googleusercontent.com...:pcGYtaemCuAJ:www.december212012.com/articles/mayan/7.shtml+time+of+no+time+mayan&cd =1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Their first prophecy talks about 'The Time of No-Time'. A period of 20 years, which they call a Katún. The last 20 years of the Sun's cycle of 5,125 years. This cycle is from 1992 - 2012. I'll explain this in greater detail later. They predicted that during these times, solar winds would become more intense and could be seen on the Sun. This would be a time of great realization and great change for mankind. And it would be our own lack of preservation and contamination of the planet that would contribute to these changes. According to the Mayans, these changes would happen so that mankind comprehends how the universe works so we could advance to superior levels, leaving behind superficial materialism and liberating ourselves from suffering.

The Mayans say, that seven years after the start of Katún, which is to say 1999, we would enter a time of darkness which would force us to confront our own conduct. The say that this is the time when mankind will enter 'The Sacred Hall of Mirrors'. Where we will look at ourselves and analyze our behaviors with ourselves, with others, with nature and with the planet in which we live. A time in which all of humanity, by individual conscious decisions, decides to change and eliminate fear and lack of respect from all of our relationships. The Mayans prophesied that the start of this period would be marked by a solar eclipse on August 11, 1999, known to them as 13 Ahau, 8 Cauac. And would coincide with an unprecedented planetary alignment, the 'Grand Cross' alignment. This would be the last 13 years of the Katón period. The last opportunity for our civilization to realize the changes that are coming at the moment of our spiritual regeneration.

well i found this much just on the first google search...

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:yto4NE42qckJ:kipakunigrat.blogspot.com/2010/11/mystery-of-may an-calendar-and-2012.html+mayan+1992+2012&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

In the Mayan calendar, predicted that in the period 1992-2012 the earth will be purified, then human civilization will end this now and start entering a new civilization.

Mayan people believed that all celestial bodies in the galaxy after experiencing a reaction from the rays of the galaxy in this great cycle, there will be changes in total, the Mayas call it, the alignment of galaxies (Galatic Synchronization). Major cycle is divided into 13 stages, each stage of evolution also have very detailed records. Arguelles in his book that uses lots of diagrams to tell the condition of evolution at every stage. Then each phase was subdivided into 20 days of evolution. Each time it will take about 20 years old.
From the 20 years between the years 1992-2012, the world we have entered the final stage of the phase of the Great Cycle, the Mayans considered it an important period before the pre-Galatic Synchronization, they call it: The Earth Generetion Priod (Earth Regeneration Period). During this period the earth will reach a total purification. After that, the earth we will leave the galaxy and the reach of light entering a new phase: the alignment of galaxies.
On December 31, 2012 will be the day of expiration of this time of human civilization, in the calculation of the Mayan calendar. After that, mankind will enter a new civilization, a total that has nothing to do with civilization today.

it seems searching, even with google search engine, for " mayan, 1992, 2012 " has more results than searching for " mayan, time of no time " anyways i'm no tech wizard and certainly not a search engine expert, but it seems if anyone wants to do some more digging there is some more stuff out there

i'll be reading through some various sites on the subject, thanks for the post on ats and bringing this up, i'm not sure if i've seen this discussed yet as i do not remember hearing about it particularly though i'm sure i've read over it somewhere in the multitude of '2012' and 'mayan' information that seems to be 'everywhere' haha

anyways there are some links i found and some quotes with general ideas of what those sites ( reputable or not ) are talking about if anyone wants to start there

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Good topic.

What they meant by "The time of no time" I'm not really sure about seeing how they continued making their calender until the end of 2012.

My best guess is that they predicted, or foresaw, some type of extraterrestrial happening that would start events that would eventually lead to amajorextraterrestrial happening that would throw off our normal sense of time. A shifting of the polar caps or some other such type of event that would throw the earth a bit off of it's normal axis rotation, thus making us spin either slower or faster, thus changing our "time".

Our day is now 24 hours. Maybe something happened in outer space in 1992 that will eventually lead to something REALLY happening in 2012. I don't think it's going to be the end of the world, just the end of the world as we know it.

Imagine something happening that would make our days 12 hours long? Or 36 hours long? Or 2 years long? Come to think of it, wouldn't that change our gravitational pull as well?

Anyway, that's my theory. They stopped making their calender because, while they predicted that something would happen to "end time", they didn't know exactly what, therefore they had no real time frame to go by.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

The whole 2012 thing is just a joke that got out of hand.

Can you elaborate on that?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
At the moment I can't find any really reliable looking sources for this "Time of no-time" but when I researched the Mayans a while ago It come up a lot.

The Mayans first prophecy talks about 'The Time of No-Time'. This is a period of 20 years, which they call a Katún. The last 20 years of the Sun's cycle of 5,125 years. This cycle is from 1992 - 2012. In this time period between 1992 and 2012, great changes are going to take place on planet Earth. On December 21, 2012 is when the Mayan calendar ends. The ending of the Mayan calendar is supposed to signify the end-of-time.

Source

The Mayans have a very unique understanding of our solar system’s cycles. The most significant of which has much to do with the 2012 prophecies. The Mayans predicted that from 1999 we have 13 years to realize the changes in our conscious attitude and stray away from the path of self-destruction. We must move unto a path that opens our consciousness to integrate with all that exists. Their prophecy talks about 'The Time of No-Time' which is a period of 20 years. The last 20 years of the Sun's cycle of 5,125 years is from 1992 - 2012.

Source

Their first prophecy talks about 'The Time of No-Time'. A period of 20 years, which they call a Katún. The last 20 years of the Sun's cycle of 5,125 years. This cycle is from 1992 - 2012.

Source

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Not really, which is my whole point.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Believe in your inner self, Believe in peace and caring, Believe in your spiritual connection, Prepare for change, Prepare your mind. The journey will be different for all but the same for many... Time is near...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Not really, which is my whole point.

Let me elaborate, not on his behalf but just for the discussion.

Certain aspects of the 21st December 2012 date are certainly laughable. For example, how people with no real expertise on the subject are stirring up a lot of hype and scaremongering masses of people. Misinterpreting what these knowledgeable people have to say and even exploiting the whole scaremongering situation and releasing a film making the situation worse is laughable.

But the Mayans did have a lot to teach us and still do! They have just had the wrong light shed on them and been misinterpreted for means to do with scaremongering and moneymaking.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

But the Mayans did have a lot to teach us and still do! They have just had the wrong light shed on them and been misinterpreted for means to do with scaremongering and moneymaking.

Yep, I absolutely agree with that.

But I have yet to see anything regarding 2012 or the so called 'End Times' that is in anyway legitimate. There are all sorts of prophecies in the bible that believers in the Mayan theory would scoff at, it seems that, like religion, it all depends on what your poison is, so to speak

When it comes to end of the world prophecies, the Mayans aren't unique...at all.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I definitely see where you are coming from, the world does seem to have got itself into a major industrial, economic and social rush. People don't seem to appreciate the most amazing things in life any more such as nature. The important things are being taken for granted whilst the materialist worthless things are being almost idolised.

I never claimed to be a Mayan elder, I was responding more to this as you put it:

What changes have any of you older than me members observed in this "Time of no-time"?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

I never claimed to be a Mayan elder, I was responding more to this as you put it:

Sorry , my bad.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Something I found...

The Mayans say, that seven years after the start of Katún, which is to say 1999, we would enter a time of darkness which would force us to confront our own conduct. The say that this is the time when mankind will enter 'The Sacred Hall of Mirrors'. Where we will look at ourselves and analyze our behaviors with ourselves, with others, with nature and with the planet in which we live. A time in which all of humanity, by individual conscious decisions, decides to change and eliminate fear and lack of respect from all of our relationships. The Mayans prophesied that the start of this period would be marked by a solar eclipse on August 11, 1999, known to them as 13 Ahau, 8 Cauac. And would coincide with an unprecedented planetary alignment, the 'Grand Cross' alignment. This would be the last 13 years of the Katón period. The last opportunity for our civilization to realize the changes that are coming at the moment of our spiritual regeneration.

For the Mayans, everything is numbers and the time of the 13 sacred numbers started in August 1999. They predicted that along with the eclipse, the forces of nature would act like a catalyst of changes so accelerated and with such magnitude that mankind would be powerless against them. Also, that our technologies in which we rely on so much would begin to fail us. We would no longer be able to learn from our civilization in the way that we are organized as a society. They said that our internal, spiritual development would require a better place along with a better way to interact with more respect and compassion.

the SOURCE is: www.december212012.com...

The changes I have seen are both "good" and "not so good"...then again children are not expected to go through their lessons without some kind of pain, are they?

The changes your are asking about are happening everyday in this life, you will see them, know them...if your eyes are open...
edit on 24-12-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The Maya measured time by way of the cyclical motions of the planets, Moon and stars. This is how we measure time as well. A time of no-time might be a period when no motions can be measured. Or it could be the time when these celestial motions can no longer be predicted for whatever reason. Neither idea sounds too pleasant but then again our understanding of the end date of this calendar in 2012 could very well be off by more than a century if not all together wrong.

Oh, and btw...it's Maya not Mayans. Maya are the people and what they consisted of and "Mayan" promotes possession or a segregation from the people and their culture. Maybe it's just me but I kind of find that a bit degrading.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

So you make a statement that it "was a joke that got out of hand" and can't back up your statement?Who started the "joke"? Was it a "college prank"? Those "damn neighborhood kids"?
Please, if you in all your wisdom know something the rest of us don't, enlighten us......

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Hold on a minute. I didn't mean to come across as a know it all and I certainly didn't mean to disregard any Mayan traditions. The point I was making was that I haven't seen ANYTHING at all that would lead me to believe in the 2012 theory. And I've looked.

I'm not a sceptic for the sake of being one, there are plenty of theories I believe in that others would scoff at, but I'm yet to see ANYTHING that would sway me otherwise.

I am open to any sources you have to offer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join