It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hello! It's me again, using my right to criticize what I feel is wrong in the world! And I'm afraid it comes back to Islam! Why does Iran still have a Woman, accused of spying, still locked up! And with a judicial punishment upon her head, of getting Stoned to death? Is this not Barbaric in this day and age? Did Allah make Sharia Law? I don't think so! At least not in it's present format... However, that's something Islam has in common with Christianity! They both harbour a deep resentment and suspicion of the female gender! Mary Magdalene was Jesus's favourite and Allah lost a young wife! Both Jesus and Allah taught forgiveness of sins, tolerance and human compassion... Where did it all go wrong?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ya see, some ding-dong started this Islam thing a couple hundred years ago now all of these boneheads that think that they can go around blowin up buildings with OUR jets think they can do anythings they want to-- makes real sense huh

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Culdeeson

They stone men they stone women. They lock up men they lock up women.

What are you asking for exactly? To treat women better than men?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Culdeeson
Hello! It's me again, using my right to criticize what I feel is wrong in the world! And I'm afraid it comes back to Islam! Why does Iran still have a Woman, accused of spying, still locked up! And with a judicial punishment upon her head, of getting Stoned to death? Is this not Barbaric in this day and age? Did Allah make Sharia Law? I don't think so! At least not in it's present format... However, that's something Islam has in common with Christianity! They both harbour a deep resentment and suspicion of the female gender! Mary Magdalene was Jesus's favourite and Allah lost a young wife! Both Jesus and Allah taught forgiveness of sins, tolerance and human compassion... Where did it all go wrong?

After the 911 attack on america and the religion Islam was brought to my world ( my mind). I decided to study this religion called Islam. I would just like to make a few corrections to your thread. Allah is God, Mohammad is what a christian would consider jesus to be...Mohammad claimed he was risen into the heavens to recieve his knowledge from Allah which is how the quran was created. Mohammad is what muslim would tell you is the only true prophet. They consider jesus a messanger. They also say Jesus was born a miraculous birth. They believe in the end days jesus will come back to earth and fight against evil. Evil to christians is called Satan...Mohammad did give a message of forgiveness of sins if the sinner converts to Islam. As with christians, jews, hindus and ect..ect.. Islam believes it is the one true religion. So herein is where I think answers your question.."Where did it all go wrong?" with so many faiths truely believing their religion is the one true religion, how can anything go right until we realize no one really knows the true religion. The fact is if we all accepted each other for their unique thoughts we would all probably get along a whole lot better...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

Islam was re-created by Mohammad over 1400 years ago. Matter of fact it is still over 1000 years after christianity. and pre christianity were other religions which everyone knows when christianity started they destroyed all other religous books they could find. Only reason there is any information about pre christianity is some of the religous text were hiden from the catholics.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

I'm a Christian and I know all about Islam, Ok?
I'll take yer word for it that its as old as ya say (its' not

Christ was way older before old Islam reared its ugly face, understand?

Islam came from a buncha bozos and Christianity NEVER did nothin wrong like you seem to like to be saying.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is pretty much how Islam started-- some guy thought he'd make Jesus look like a big liar (it didnt' work) so he tried to make his own religion up. The Pharohs in Egypt probably said "No dont' do that' but he did it anyways. Big mistake. Now 300 years or so later theres all the guys and gals who still believe in the old fella who started Islam.

So ya say "Whats' the big whoop?'. Well I'll tell ya-- some of these guys (and gals) are real bad people. Their mad at the world and like to blow stuff up hopin the whole time to make Jesus to look like a darn fool. What they dont' realize is that our goverment is onto them. We're watching everybuddy and nobuddy is gonna get on a plane and do something crazy EVER AGAIN. Ya see, they tried their old tricks befor ebut now were' watchin these fools

Now some buddies wanna defend blowing up stuff and say "Oh those guys are so misunderstooded'-- are they?
We got 1000s of our soldiers over there and you saying thats' a big mistake by Uncle Same? I dont' think so.

edit on 24-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte

jesus will come back to earth and fight against evil.

Your darn right.

edit on 25-12-2010 by inchworm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Abolish all religions, then we will finally have a peaceful world, or at least be a lot closer anyway.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zero314

Yep, you right-- get rid of all religions besides Christianity and I think we'll be on the right track

Ronnie

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I never said islam is right ande christianity is wrong because I am born and raised and still live by christanity. I merely was detailing truths which I see some people cant accept,. This is ok because as I have learn from the Christian holy Bible Do not judge one another this is for God to do.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zero314

I totally agree with you. personally I was rasied christian, Southern Baptist. AS I grow older I am begginign to feel as if I fell into a controlled area. Im begging to think religion entails mind control of the populus. I believe in a higher power, but I am moving away from the control of "religion" . If more people did this I also believe peace would grow into our lives. The worse form of people is he or she who believe theri faith is the only true faith, and forget to allow others to believe and worship in their own way.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Islam came from a buncha bozos and Christianity NEVER did nothin wrong like you seem to like to be saying.

Christianity has killed more in the name of god than any other religion. Yes Islam has its quirks and so dose christianity they both can and has bean used as a tool to do horrible thing to others. From the crusades to witch burnings and the forced movement and killings of indigenous people from their land. All in the name of GOD or the way one man interprets it. I am a southern baptist and Know the bible "as I interpret it" and Im studying the koran "for years now" and its interpretation as I see it and so far it has the same meaning as the king James version.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Whats a "koran'?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by inchworm

Whats a "koran'?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

Whats a "koran'?

The "koran', yeah, I looked it up on the internet. The muslim bible, huh? More like the muslim funny pages.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Its the funny pages alright just as the holy book is. A bunch of points of views put together in a book that in the right hands can make other men do the damnedest things to one another,

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Good point.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Good point.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

Whats a "koran'?

ht

His quote back to me had me belly laughing also....um I thougt he "said" he understood

top topics

<<   2 >>

join