It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power Of Christmas: WWI - Enemies Came From Trenches And Exchanged Gifts!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It just goes to show you that the innocent blindly do the evil deeds of the people in power. It would be a wonderful world if all the armies of the world would drop their weapons and say "enough is enough". This world is ran by the wicked few and we're the sheep. The people of the world need to stand together and denounce all wars and stop having their government think for them.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
for those of you havent seen it I Would Advice you too The Movie

Joyeux Noel (2005)

IMDB 7.7 Stars out of 10

www.imdb.com...

On Christmas Eve during world War I, the Germans, French, and Scottish fraternize and get to know the men who live on the opposite side of a brutal war, in what became a true lesson of humanity.

I have it and its Awesome and So True as it Really happened ..
Exchanging gifts Singing and playing Football (soccer)

I call it the day The Soldiers on Both Sides said to themselves what the Hell are we fighting for again! ?

Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas, Film) - Singing Scene

Merry Christmas (Joyeux Noël) (Trailer) [Oscar's Best Foreign Movie]

Ironicaly what the 3 groups the French German and British had in Common The Belief of the Same thing

The Culture of Christmas

Whether it was Jesus or the Pagan Holiday's or the Combination as we know it as now

I Doubt it would Happen if the Enemy had a Different Religion
edit on 25-12-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NoOneCares

Your an extremely ignorant individual. Just by your demeanor in writing I can tell you have never served and if you did you were discharged dishonorably for doing your own thing. Being a soldier comes with more responsibility's then just shoot and kill. We have Honor and pride so for me who has fault there no doubt in my mind that a little civility can find its way to a battlefield. But first before you speak learn your history and not from wikipeadia. God Bless and Merry Christmas to all my Brothers and sisters in arms out there and come home to us safe and sound, I'm keeping the home front safe this year for you, but Id gladly be there with you right now again.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have Civil War letters in my possession in which my long lost relative writes of this same thing happening during his time in that War. He personally partook in this and writes of his disbelief they would be shooting again at each other just hours later. His letters are so compassionate and moving, such a treasure.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well i'm an atheist but i celebrate Christmas, as someone else said it's pretty secular anyway depending on where you are in the world. To me it's a time for family, friends and all of the good stuff in life. I have a little nephew now who had his first Christmas and it was fun seeing him open the presents.

I think the story about the guys coming out of th trenches proves that the people rarely want war. Indeed i think it should always be left to the people to vote on whether to go to war or not, if that happened then war would mostly disappear overnight. Oh sure some would still be at it but it wouldn't be anywhere near as common as it is. People like to solve things with words, leaders like to solve things with wars.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
In the book Peace Be Upon You: Fourteen Centuries of Muslim, Christian, and Jewish Coexistence in the Middle East by Zachary Karabell it goes into detail about accounts of this happening during the Crusades, but not for Christmas. It was during the third Crusade I believe, really wish my book wasn't at school, and eventually the enemies stopped fighting each other and started to enjoy each other's company.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PeasantRebellion

Jews and Christians alike celebrate stories that seem implausible to believe. Many people do not believe in the story of a unique child born to a woman who had not yet known a man at the age of 14. I know that ancient artists depicted the planting of the seed as a light through Mary's ear. Only ancient books convey that kind of information as today's publishers would not ever want to reveal that to us.

Apparently, Jesus did emerge from her womb but the Holy Ghost could choose any means to plant the seed in her body. This is all a matter of belief versus disbelief, but the story is repeated everytime one recites the Apostles Creed in a mass gathering. Recite is the key word, as probably most do not understand how it is that a young girl could become impregnated without a male input. I have always wondered about Jesus's chromosomes and biological history, but there is no tissue remaining of his body to make scientific inquiries.

So on that note, every story about Jesus is subject to belief, judgement, and faith. How could he walk on water, how could he pull fish and bread from the air around him? If we take it literally, we can understand a rush to faith by those who followed him.

Today, we have to wonder at the power of a story able to close all stores on a single day, cause thousands and millions to go to Church when otherwise they don't, and to bring a kind of greed/lust to buyers to compete for how many presents one can put under a Christmas tree.

So forgive the old Jewess who was teaching her son a very strange lesson. After all, He was born to save the Jews and added the Gentile as a lesson that Heaven is for others besides just the Jews who believe in their ancient stories.

We all wonder and some believe. But so far, Jesus has not yet stopped major wars from happening, even by those who confess to believing in his teaching. Until belief reaches the heart, then defense will remain. Trust and faith is the cause of peace.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
I have Civil War letters in my possession in which my long lost relative writes of this same thing happening during his time in that War. He personally partook in this and writes of his disbelief they would be shooting again at each other just hours later. His letters are so compassionate and moving, such a treasure.

It would be wonderful if you could post scans or the text of those here. Please alert me if you do.

On topic-
Thanks OP, I'd not thought of that bit of history in years. Great post.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yet more evidence that the true spirit of our species is cooperative and not competitive as the standard theory of human nature would have us believe. Humans are not just gossiping primates; in fact we are more than the beautiful animal kingdom for we are altruistic, some times to our death and regularly for folks we don't know or have ever met.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Wolf, Thank you for the brief part of that film, I JUST added it to my netflix, after watching the one part, i want to see more
I agree with everyone else, the Soldier, the fighting man, does NOT want to fight. We are trained to do so, but noone in their right mind wants to kill others, and I think this time of the year, we want to do it less, we want to be with our families as those soldiers in the trenches of WWI wanted.
I dont care what anyone says, I do believe in divine intervention, and I think thats what took place there in 1914. Had those soldiers been able, I think they would have ALL walked off the battlefield and gave a one big middle finger to TPTW, and told them to fight their own battles, whixch is what we should do now. 2 world leaders have issues with one another, put em in a WWE ring, one fall, one round. Thats it.
Peace to all

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Wolfenz

Wolf, Thank you for the brief part of that film, I JUST added it to my netflix, after watching the one part, i want to see more
I agree with everyone else, the Soldier, the fighting man, does NOT want to fight. We are trained to do so, but noone in their right mind wants to kill others, and I think this time of the year, we want to do it less, we want to be with our families as those soldiers in the trenches of WWI wanted.
I dont care what anyone says, I do believe in divine intervention, and I think thats what took place there in 1914. Had those soldiers been able, I think they would have ALL walked off the battlefield and gave a one big middle finger to TPTW, and told them to fight their own battles, whixch is what we should do now. 2 world leaders have issues with one another, put em in a WWE ring, one fall, one round. Thats it.
Peace to all

You will Enjoy The Movie For Sure ... Its a Must have Movie
Here a little more info about the Movie
with all kinds of goodies about the 1914 Xmas Truce..

The site Here

From Sony classics /Joyeuxnoel
www.sonyclassics.com...

Christmas in the Trenches Music Video

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I love this story. They used to tell it to us all the time in middle school when we learned about the war. Many canadian troops were present. Makes me proud

top topics

<< 1   >>

join