It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing our soldiers, the search for answers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A Pill To Forget?
Can A Medication Suppress Traumatic Memories?

www.google.com... ml&ei=DugUTYyJH4K8lQfY3tW7Cw&usg=AFQjCNH-Sn3tLm-4135WmgRu7VK6IYaaxQ

Video Here
www.cbsnews.com...

If there were something you could take after experiencing a painful or traumatic event that would permanently weaken your memory of what had just happened, would you take it? As correspondent Lesley Stahl first reported last fall, it’s an idea that may not be so far off, and that has some critics alarmed, and some trauma victims filled with hope.

'Trauma pill' could help those with PTSD
Article Here
www.physorg.com...
January 30, 2006
A "trauma pill" could blot out memories of harrowing events for combat veterans and survivors of accidents or terrorism, say Canadian researchers.

A pill to prevent PTSD? It could happen, study hints
www.msnbc.msn.com...

“Someday emergency personnel could be prepared to deliver this kind of help, just as they do bandages,” said the study’s senior author, Dr. Jelena Radulovic, an associate professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences and Dunbar Scholar at Northwestern’s Feinberg School of Medicine.

Pentagon Investigates Pill-Popping PTSD Prevention

www.wired.com...

Recent technological developments in neuroscience present the opportunity for these challenges to be addressed as never before. Cutting edge molecular biological techniques coupled with in-vivo measurement technologies may allow for manipulation of the stress pathways and behavioral analysis in real-time. These powerful tools allow assessment of the effects of stress with extreme temporal and anatomical precision.

Ecstasy Pushed as PTSD Treatment
www.wired.com...

If you’re a veteran, having trouble getting over your battlefield time, a South Carolina psychiatrist would like to get you really, really high.
Michael Mithoefer, a former emergency room physician turned psychiatrist, is testing the party drug ecstasy as a treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Future Uniforms to Dole out Drugs, Redefine Self-Medication
www.wired.com...

The automated sense-and-treat system will continuously monitor a soldier’s sweat, tears or blood for biomarkers that signal common battlefield injuries such as trauma, shock, brain injury or fatigue.
Once the system detects a battlefield injury, it will automatically administer the proper medication, thus beginning the treatment well before the soldier has reached a field hospital.
Lactate, oxygen, norepinephrine and glucose are examples as the kinds of injury biomarkers that will serve as biological input signals for their prototype logic system. Electrodes containing a combination of enzymes will serve as sensors and provide the logic necessary to convert the biomarkers to products which may then be picked up by another enzyme on the electrode for further logic operations. The electrodes will also act as transducers that produce strings of 1s and 0s that will activate smart materials that release medication based on predetermined treatment plans.

Military Vaccinations

usmilitary.about.com...
Vaccinations are a way of life in the U.S. Military. All new recruits (both officer and enlisted) are vaccinated against various diseases during enlisted basic training or during officer accession training.

U.S. Military Mandatory Swine Flu Vaccinations To Begin Next Week - Are You Next?

thefinalhour.blogspot.com...

Air Force General Gene Renuart, the head of U.S. Northern Command, was quite clear when he described how he feels about the swine flu vaccine: "Because I can compel people to get the shots, larger numbers will have the vaccine."

Germ Warfare Against America: Part IIc -
Forced Inoculations Of U.S. Troops

www.all-natural.com...

Virtually all of the U.S. and allied troops were forced (on threat of court martial, or Article 15, if they refused) to take a series of experimental vaccines and pills which had NOT been approved by the FDA and which made many of our troops instantly and violently ill.
The report said that of responding veterans who had taken the anthrax vaccine, 85% were told they could not refuse it, and 43% experienced immediate side effects.
Of all responding personnel who had taken the anti-botulism medicine, 88% were told not to turn it down and 35% suffered side effects. None of the women given botulism toxoid were told of pregnancy risks. In one of the report's summations, it said, "Anthrax vaccine should continue to be considered as a potential cause for undiagnosed illness." The report added, "The botulism vaccine's safety remains unknown."

Study finds transmission of genetic damage to offspring upon preconceptional paternal exposure to depleted uranium
www.wise-uranium.org...

[...] medium and high dose DU exposure to P1 fathers resulted in a significant increase in mutation frequency in F1 offspring (3.57 ± 0.37 and 4.81 ± 0.43 x 10-5; p < 0.001) in comparison to control (2.28 ± 0.31 x 10-5).

Enhancement of radiation dose around small uranium particles in the human body found to be much smaller than previously claimed

From the abstract:
"[...] It has been claimed that upon exposure to naturally occurring background gamma-radiation, particles of DU in the human body would produce dose enhancement by a factor of 500–1000, thereby contributing a significant radiation dose in addition to the dose received from the inherent radioactivity of the DU.

Study finds direct transfer of inhaled uranium from nose to brain via olfactory receptor neurons
www.sciencedirect.com... rch&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=321cd9d00cf11edf4803b05535331f6d&searchtype=a

... The results showed a specific frontal brain accumulation of the inhaled uranium which is not observed with the injected uranium.

Institute of Medicine publishes report on feasibility and design issues of epidemiologic studies of veterans exposed to depleted uranium
books.nap.edu...

Chromosome aberrations and sister chromatid exchanges (SCEs) were determined in standard peripheral lymphocyte metaphase preparations of 13 British Gulf War veterans, two veterans of the recent war in the Balkans, and one veteran of both wars.

National Research Council publishes review of U.S. Army's report on depleted uranium health risks
books.nap.edu...

This National Research Council book reviews the toxicologic, radiologic, epidemiologic, and toxicokinetic data on depleted uranium, and assesses the Army's estimates of health risks to personnel exposed during and after combat, as presented in the report Depleted Uranium Aerosol Doses and Risks: Summary of U.S. Assessments (referred to as the Capstone Report).

Dan Fahey analyzes the emergence and decline of the debate over DU munitions
www.wise-uranium.org...

"Since 1991, depleted uranium (DU) ammunition has emerged from near total obscurity to become one of the most controversial weapons of modern warfare."

New paper by Dan Fahey addresses unresolved issues regarding depleted uranium and veterans' health
www.wise-uranium.org...

"There are new and legitimate concerns about the adequacy and implementation of current DU policies. "

U.S. DOD Briefing on Depleted Uranium Weapons: No Health Risk
www.defense.gov...

Q: Dr. Rostker, I know it's not the subject of this briefing, but given the growing concern among America's NATO allies about the use of depleted uranium munitions, and given the fact that your office has dealt with this issue for some time now, could you just tell us whether there is any reason for concern about possible health effects from exposure to depleted uranium munitions that are left on the battlefield in Yugoslavia?
Rostker: We don't believe so. And we have extensive research and review of research by the Gulf War Office over the last four years. And I've stood here on many occasions to review it with you, and I'd like to give you the highlights again.
One of the RAND literature reviews was on depleted uranium. And broadly speaking, they reviewed the literature on depleted uranium, which is limited; the much more extensive literature on natural uranium, which is more radioactive and shares with depleted uranium the same characteristics for heavy metal toxicity. They did not find a plausible link. That work was scrutinized by Senator Rudman's Presidential Advisory Committee, by the original PAC, by the General Accounting Office. There were subsequent reports on toxicity by the Department of Health and Human Services. And then, finally, late last year, the Institutes of Medicine, charged by the Congress to effectively do what RAND had been doing for us -- review the literature -- reported on their first four potential risk factors, one of them being depleted uranium. In their review of depleted uranium, they went further in ruling things out than they did in anything else -- PB, vaccinations -- and I'm missing one other.
Staff: Low levels of sarin.
Rostker: Low levels of sarin.

Chromosome aberrations found in Gulf and Balkans Wars' veterans
rpd.oxfordjournals.org...

Gulf veteran babies 'risk deformities'
"High levels of genetic damage do not occur naturally. It increases the probability of cancer, deformed babies and other genetic conditions significantly," said Professor Albrecht Schott, a German biochemist who co-ordinated the research.

Residents Petition to NRC: Depleted Uranium Hearing DENIED Plus, Closed Door Meeting at Pohakuloa

thehui.wordpress.com...

By Cory Hardin – Feb. 24, 2010, Hilo, Hawai’i
Petitioners challenging an Army application for a license to possess depleted uranium (DU) expressed disappointment after the Atomic Safety and Licensing Board of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) ruled that the petitioners lack standing.
The petitioners questioned the Army’s assessment of hazards from DU spotting rounds found in Hawai’i. The Army denied having DU in Hawai’i until 2006, when citizen groups announced they had obtained Army e-mails reporting the 2005 discovery of DU spotting rounds at Schofield Barracks on the island of O’ahu. The spotting rounds were part of a classified Davy Crockett weapon system used in the 1960s. The Army acknowledged the find, and later found more spotting rounds at Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA) on Hawai‘i Island. The rounds were also distributed to twelve other states and three foreign countries in the 1960s. The Army says worldwide it had about 75,000 rounds, each about eight inches long and containing about six and a half ounces of DU alloy.

Finding of No Significant Impact for DU ammunition use in M1 Abram tanks
frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...

The Abrams Tank System Program (Abrams), administered by the Project Manager, Abrams Tank System (PM Abrams) with support from the U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM), has been using Depleted Uranium (DU) armor on the Abrams Tank since 1988. In 1996, a design change to the armor package was made by the Army and cut-in to production by General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS) via Change Request XMPP-2083 in Oct 96 and effective with Job #1 M1A2 Phase II AUT. The purpose of this revision to the Environmental Assessment (EA) is to assess the environmental impact of the change from the original DU armor design to this modified design. Additionally, although unrelated to this armor design change, since the last EA, the NRC's maximum radiation dose limits for individual members of the public has been change from 500 mrem per year to 100 mrem per year. This revision assesses the new design against these new dose limits.

Depleted Uranium Situation Worsens Requiring Immediate Action By President Bush, Prime Minister Blair, and Prime Minister Olmert
www.globalresearch.ca...

The delivery of at least 100 GBU 28 bunker busters bombs containing depleted uranium warheads by the United States to Israel for use against targets in Lebanon will result in additional radioactive and chemical toxic contamination with consequent adverse health and environmental effects throughout the middle east. Israeli tank gunners are also using depleted uranium tank rounds as photographs verify.
Today, U.S., British, and now Israeli military personnel are using illegal uranium munitions- America's and England's own "dirty bombs" while U.S. Army, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Department of Defense, and British Ministry of Defence officials deny that there are any adverse health and environmental effects as a consequence of the manufacture, testing, and/or use of uranium munitions to avoid liability for the willful and illegal dispersal of a radioactive toxic material - depleted uranium.

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

edit on 24/12/2010 by Mirthful Me because: BBCode.

edit on 2010/12/24 by sbctinfantry because: Formatting error BBCode

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I had to be very careful how I posted this information and have double checked guidelines and made sure the research was sound. I was forced to delete two links due to their being pulled down from government websites since I had initially done the research. This topic is not to be confused with something belonging in the Military Projects forum, unless I can dig deep enough to discover a name for some overarching project to end the lives of our soldiers early through a multi-faceted attack of drugs, radiation, and vaccinations.

Having said that, any help in data mining is much appreciated, and I hope to turn this into a research topic with enough information and backing in which case it will be moved to that forum. For now, I will tirelessly uncover what I know to be true already, but can only show through public information sources. I will help the reader better piece together the information as best I can in a constructive way that is easily digestible.

My background is of a US Army grunt. I served since 2005 and was medically retired this year. I have worked under different security clearances for different purposes. When I was a part of a Stryker Brigade Combat Team, we were sworn to secrecy on operating specs of the vehicle and it's interior. There are still certain aspects I am not at liberty to discuss to this day. We fielded equipment for Special Forces, and worked closely with them in some cases. At times we went to combat with different A-Teams, and ranger detatchments. Since leaving, I have a failing liver, which is much the reason that my questioning has led me to post this information today. I have multiple muskuloskeletal injuries, and take a concoction of medications for PTSD and depressive symptoms. I have retained my security clearance, for now, and hope to renew when it is up for expiration. I will privately verify any credentials any moderator wishes me to, under the written consent that all materials will be destroyed after such verification is made. Some of what I have done in the military I am not at liberty to discuss, but for the reasons of this topic it will more than help me search the right places.

As far as what I have posted already, the information is extremely clear that the DoD is geared toward curing PTSD mainly via pills, though it has tried different avenues of approach. I have attended some group programs, individual counseling, and other such methods to no avail. The approach in general, personal opinion being written, is an utter lack of sincerity on behalf of the DoD. The diagnosis is not taken seriously, and when medically discharging it is wholly shunned by peers and superiors alike.

Physical injury in the service has truthfully had a long-standing stigma attatched to it. If you are a broked**k or invalid, you are no longer of use to your unit and are treated as such, worthless. Until the day you leave the service, you are likely marginalized.

The healthcare system in the military is far from idealogical, and aims more to medicate than fix any ailments. I have had two injuries that require surgery and I am still waiting, being heavily medicated instead, and have now suffered liver problems due to that medication.

For now, that is all I will say about myself and the purposes of this topic, I would much rather let the data speak for itself.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The toxicity of such munitions in the long term is hardly a factor of consideration in their continued use of these devastating rounds and bombs.
The mortaality rates of people who die of such things as liver, and kidney cancer, as well as birth defects and infant mortality will climb in direct proportion to the use of thiese shells.
The worry and constant concern that is little spoken of is that the HALF LIFE of these substances, is in the order of the billions.of years.
The effects of shelling and bombing these peoples is to poison their country for virtually EVER!
War crimes charges have not been invented yet for such an abomination......
It is worse than mere genocide in that it will go on forever radating its poison in the water, the soil, the air.....
Thank you for assembling this information all in one place.....
I fail to understand the sanity of our leaders who willingly allow the military to poison our own soldiers sailors, and airmen,and blandly cover up the damages.
The people who are in the ultimate control positions, care not for the whole human race.As they knowingly and willingly poison the future for power today .

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

C-Guard TXP ECM RF Jammer

C-Guard TXP ECM is a battery powered portable wideband radio signal jammer. This mobile IED jamming device is used by leading military units worldwide for multiple missions:

Anti IED vehicle protection - the C-Guard TXP ECM portable IED jammer operates as counter IED system when installed on military vehicles, providing troops with RCIED protection. Once forces arrive to a ground battle scene and disembark, jammer’s portability allows easy transfer - using its batteries jammer can continue transmitting in field, providing soldiers with IED protection also during ground missions.

The C-Guard TXP ECM electronic countermeasure device can block any required radio signal: VHF, UHF, cell phones, satellite phones and more, all in one case.

www.netline.co.il...

What is it?:

These devices were somewhat difficult to find in the public domain. What they are is described on the website. To summarize briefly, they are jamming technology that creates a bubble around the device blocking communications.

How do they work?:

I cannot disclose how they work unless I can find it in public domain, though it is not hard to imagine how you would jam such things.

Why is this an issue?:

They are radioactive, and though soldiers may recieve training on their operation and it is clearly marked on the devices, no precautions are taken and these devices may be near soldiers up to sixteen hours a day on average.
edit on 2010/12/24 by sbctinfantry because: BB Code, thanks to the moderator for showing me the proper code as automatically chose "code" instead of "ex" when I punched in "News" on the top of the posting window.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System

The Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES) is a training system that provides a realistic battlefield environment for soldiers involved in training exercises. MILES provides tactical engagement simulation for direct fire force-on-force training using eye safe laser "bullets". Each individual and vehicle in the training exercise has a detection system to sense hits and perform casualty assessment. Laser transmitters are attached to each individual and vehicle weapon system and accurately replicate actual ranges and lethality of the specific weapon systems. MILES training has been proven to dramatically increase the combat readiness and fighting effectiveness of military forces.

Soldiers use MILES devices primarily during force-on-force exercises, from squad through brigade level, to simulate the firing and effects of actual weapons systems. These weapons systems include the M1 Abrams Tank, Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle, M113 Armored Personnel Carrier, wheeled vehicles and other non-shooting targets. Additionally, Basic MILES simulations address anti-armor weapons, machine guns, rifles, and other ancillary items, such as a controller gun, within the program.

www.globalsecurity.org...

What is it?:
The Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System is basically a laser tag system for troops so that they may engage in force on force combat.

How does it work?:
While normal laser tag requires mostly dark rooms, unobstructed views and other shortfalls like luck in order to hit the target... properly maintained M.I.L.E.S gear can be zeroed to the weapon out to 300m or more depending on the model, which grants versatility and realism to the weapon platform, and is currently the most powerful and accurate system in use today.

Why is this an issue?:
In order to achieve the above mentioned results, the platform is radioactive. The equipment itself has a clearly defined warning on the side of the 'box' that attatches to the weapon platform that clearly warns not to point at another human being.

The following picture shows a more generic warning of an older model system that merely says that it is exempt from radiation guidelines:

Another picture where the radioactive symbol is clearly visible though every attempt was made to blur it, of course the text is completely blotted out:

Perhaps another ATS Community member can aid me in finding a clear picture of this warning on the equipment, as I have seen it with my own eyes. A picture is worth a thousand words, but in less words I would like to quote TM 9-1265-211-10

"The Infantry System is comprised of battery-powered laser transmitters and detector assemblies. When fired, the
transmitter sends an invisible beam of radiated energy (laser) toward a target. The target is outfitted with the detector
assembly which senses the laser beam and sounds an alarm. The alarm sounds in different tones, indicating whether the target was KILLED or NEAR MISSed by the laser beam."

edit on 2010/12/24 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Medication Related Soldier Deaths, Suicides and the General Mental Fatigue of the Soldier Today

Prescription drugs killed Kenwood soldier

The death of a 22-year-old Army gunner from Kenwood last August was caused by a lethal combination of pain medications that his parents said he likely took to help him sleep.

Dustin Mark Tucker, a 2004 Maria Carrillo High School graduate and gunner with the Army's 7th Squadron, 10th Cavalry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division, died Aug. 30 while home on leave from the war in Iraq.

He had plans for his 18-day leave, his family said: He wanted to golf, fish and show off the prestigious coin award given to him by a three-star general weeks before. He did not want to talk about the war or what he had seen.

"I just think the visions of war were extremely difficult to handle," said his mother, Cindy Tucker.

She and her husband, Mark Tucker, think it was those images that kept Dustin up at night and that his inability to sleep led him to take the methadone and oxycodone that killed him.

www.pressdemocrat.com...

Story of a jet-lagged and battle-fatigued soldier on mid-tour leave, who tried to get sleep without avail. He ended up taking the wrong mixture of medication which caused accidental suicide. Is the problem the soldier or the symptom? Thousands of hours, millions of dollars to train you how to kill... chump change and pills to teach you to be human again.

Suicide And The Soldier

The suicide rate in the US military, prior to 2001, was lower than that for the general US population. In the years since 2001, the suicide rate for active duty personnel is nearly double the national average.

When military campaigns result in suicide numbers that exceed those killed by enemy combatants, there should be a massive hue and cry demanding to know the reasons why. And the reasons behind the secret decisions to send our previously mentally healthy soldiers "into harm's way" to become unnecessary mental health casualties must be questioned.

It needs to be pointed out again that the official Pentagon figures only keep track of completed suicides that occur in active duty personnel but these numbers are artificially low and always have been.

Many psychiatric drugs are known to actually increase the incidence of suicidal thinking and usually cause many other adverse effects that can be misinterpreted as mental illness symptoms.

www.rense.com...

We could never grasp the number of lives lost when war rages. There are so many life altering facets of these vile campaigns that turn good men sour to life. If the best answer we can come up with is in pill form, phony help groups that do little more at best than to acknowledge a problem, but offer no real solutions to it. I attended what is called I.O.P. shortly after retiring from the military. This Intensive Outpatient Program was championed as my duty station's flagship against PTSD. Essentially it was a six day group therapy, all day event, where about one hour was spent with an individual counselor, between four to six with a group of 'peers' and roughly one hour with yourself. Very early on, within basically minutes, the focus drifted from PTSD and military based issues, to things like family, marital, and childhood discussion. Every veteran, especially of the combat variety like myself, was utterly disgusted. I hung in there until the fifth day when after being assured the previous four days that we would discuss our combat stressors, I stood and gave an ultimatum in front of the group. I would no longer hear any nonsense or jargon about Genograms (family tree with feelings, as I called it) or childhood dissapointments. If we were not to talk about these things I was wasting my time, my units time, and the tax payers money. I was promptly scolded by a 'psychiatrist' and kicked out of the program.

It may come as a surprise to some readers that many of these drugs can be monitored with simple blood tests of the 'patient'. Psychoactive drugs like "Divaloprex" can be monitored very easily for levels of certain compounds in the blood. While this seems somewhat innocent, not taking medications can result in reprimand, loss of benefits, and admittance against the persons will.

Coroner: Area soldier died from accidental overdose

Christopher S. Smith — a U.S. Army veteran who was injured in Afghanistan in 2006 — died in August from an accidental overdose of a powerful pain medication, the Clark County Coroner's Office has ruled.

Senior investigator Tom Comer said toxicology results showed Smith, 25, died from an overdose of fentanyl, a drug the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has warned people about because of accidental overdoses.

www.daytondailynews.com...

While the headline and story says overdose, it goes on to say that the patch form medication is inherently prone to overdoses, as per the FDA's public health advisory in 2005, as well as some companies alltogether recalling due to high overdose risks. Initially the blame is taken away from the soldier, but I feel that the manufacturer should be held on crimes and prosecuted to the highest extent of the law for murder. Our soldier fight and die at the hands of our enemies honorably, where is the honor in this death? Who is the real enemy here?

Autopsy Finds That Soldier Under Army Medical Care Died From Painkiller Overdose

HOUSTON, May 18 — An injured Army recruit who died while under medical treatment at Fort Sill, in Lawton, Okla., succumbed to an accidental overdose of the powerful narcotic painkiller fentanyl, according to a military autopsy report released to the family on Thursday. But a fellow soldier said he had warned the Army that the recruit had been abusing the drug.

The death was the second drug fatality in two years in the Physical Training and Rehabilitation Program, which is intended to treat new recruits who are injured in basic training. Last week, The New York Times reported that the Army had shaken up the therapy program after repeated complaints from soldiers and their parents that injured recruits were punished with physical abuse and medical neglect.

www.nytimes.com...

This is extremely outrageous, I have experienced similar infirmary type facilities during OSUT (Infantry form of Basic Training and Advanced Individual Training combined and streamlined, they say) and there is one thing that I know for sure, you do not have access to your own narcotic medication and the first sign of abuse arises when it is checked. If you are taking too much, someone will find out and the complaint will not be taken lightly. Take into consideration the abuse, and factor that in with this claim that the soldier was abusing medication. Now what power hungry, abusive superior, would not want to use that information to his or her advantage? What ridiculous lengths the military will go to in order to deflect blame.

This type of story ties right back into the mentality I have previously stated where a soldier who is sick or injured is marginalized and treated like less of a man until his career is over.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

U.S. Military Veterans Under Watch From DHS, Where Is Probable Cause?

Napolitano Apologizes for Offending Veterans After DHS Eyes Them for 'Rightwing Extremism'

A footnote in the report, "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," said that while there is no specific information that domestic right-wing terrorists are planning acts of violence, such acts could come from unnamed "rightwing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, abortion, increasing federal power and restrictions on firearms -- and singled out returning war veterans as susceptible to recruitment.

"It wasn't an apology in my view," said Pete Hegseth, chairman of Vets for Freedom. "It was one of those non-apology apologies. She was sorry that veterans were offended. She should either apologize for the content of the report as it stands or they should rewrite the report and reissue it."

Hegseth, an Army veteran who served in Iraq, said the report represents a "gross misunderstanding and oversimplification" of the country's service members. He did not call for Napolitano's ouster, but said he would accept her resignation.

"If she volunteered to step down, that'd be very honorable of her," Hegseth said. "It would be a recognition of what she did."

Napolitano defended the report Wednesday, saying it is part of an ongoing series of assessments to provide information to state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies on "violent radicalization" in the United States.

"The willingness of a small percentage of military personnel to join extremist groups during the 1990s because they were disgruntled, disillusioned or suffering from the psychological effects of war is being replicated today," the report reads.

www.foxnews.com...

To any veterans on ATS, this is surely a total outrage. Unless you are in jail, on trial, or under courts martial there is zero reason that DHS should care what you are doing, much less your political views. I'm more interested in what defines 'extremest views' to the DHS, as their terminology is becoming less and less attatched to reality in my honest opinion.

Who do these people think they are? They have trampled on our rights more blatantly, openly, unforgivenly and recklessly than any government agency in the history of this country. I used to cringe when I heard them related to the gestapo of Germany, and rightly so. However, it has repeatedly been proven since the beginning of this country that no power granted to any federal agency has ever been relinquished voluntarily, but rather expanded indefinately.

These types of stories make me sick to my stomach, because I know the oath I swore and the country I swore it to is becoming sick. If this is the direction the government wants to take us, then the only logical conclusion I can draw is that putting persons like myself on watch is surely a garuntee against the next step of martial law. Lord help us all if that day comes, or if we are truely already there as some would proclaim.

Disagree with Obama? Gov't has eyes on you

On Feb. 20, 2009, Missouri's Department of Public Safety issued a report to all law enforcement in the state entitled "Missouri Information Analysis Center Strategic Report: The Modern Militia Movement."

The report linked people holding conservative views on immigration, abortion, the U.N., the New World Order, etc., to dangerous and violent "militias" that Missouri law enforcement were instructed to be on guard against. Conservative opinions were demonized and made the subject of law enforcement scrutiny.

Most disgusting of all, it targets veterans for increased law enforcement scrutiny.

"Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to rightwing extremists. DHS/I&A is concerned that rightwing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to boost their violent capabilities."

What's the evidence for this? None. The assessment admits that membership in "rightwing extremist" groups is in decline and asserts that no increase in such violence has been detected. But it might happen. So "intense scrutiny" is advised as the "DHS/I&A will be working with its state and local partners over the next few months to ascertain with greater regional specificity the rise of rightwing extremist activity in the United States ..."

www.wnd.com...

The MIAC Reports. We must always come back to this, because it is nothing less than a clear intent on behalf of the federal government to create distrust among militia movements who are arguably majority veterans and constitutionalists. To somehow group the Turner Diaries with America : Freedom to Fascism and Zeitgeist (for all it's stated inaccuracies) is an outrage. To group many of the movements calling for a limited government and returning to our roots that worked with movements about a supposed chosen bloodline is utter absurdity.

From cradle to the grave we are trained not to think, to listen and obey, and this rings the most ominous in our police forces.

I am currently researching the S.T.E.P. (Selective [insanity, no?] Traffic Enforcement Program), a federal grant program that clearly defines unconstitutional quotas, clearly defines federal strings that are unconstitutional, and a program that is intended as a safety net of sorts, but has become a cash cow and money sink for the tax payer on multiple fronts. The government pays police salaries for overtime hours at $45 an hour to write tickets. The revenue goes to the budget, and the taxpayer still has to foot the original overtime salary and some end up paying those tickets under the stated quota. Needless to say this is a broken system, this is unconstitutional, and not a single officer in my city where this program is enacted is speaking out or being cooperative in my investigation thus far.

Link to MIAC Report leak in full : www.prisonplanet.com...

The state's apology and following story from the prisonplanet.com article breaking the news:

“Portions of that report may be easily construed by readers as offensive to supporters of certain political candidates or to those candidates themselves,” Department of Public Safety Director John Britt wrote in his apology letter (PDF) to Paul, Barr and Baldwin. “I regret that those comments were ultimately included in the final report issued by the MIAC.”

“Unfortunately, in the course of preparing this report, some regrettable information was included in the report on militia groups in Missouri,” Britt wrote. “While the intent of the report was only to identify certain traits that are sometimes shared by members of militia organizations, this report is too easily misinterpreted as suggesting that militia members may be identified by no other indicator than support for a particular candidate or political organization.”

“I have ordered that the offending report be edited to excise all reference to Ron Paul, Bob Barr or Chuck Baldwin,” the letter concludes, without a promise to retract the report altogether, much to the chagrin of the multitude of other banal groups demonized as potential domestic terrorists.

www.prisonplanet.com...

This is one rediculous fiasco, the blatant targetting of Veterans, legitimate political candidates, and constitutionally dictated militias is treason of the highest order. I am appalled that the mere threat of legal recourse on behalf of Ron Paul and Chuck Baldwin is all that came of this. I have lost a large amount of faith in those persons since then.

Documents Reveal Rampant Government Surveillance on Washington State Activists

•Notes from a February 7, 2008 Homeland Security Committee meeting about a coffee shop started by a veterans group called GI Voice.

•A military report from Sept. 27, 2006 about the plans and political views of the Veterans for Peace, a peaceful anti-war group.

The ACLU also obtained heavily redacted documents from the U.S. Army Criminal Investigations Command about a former Fort Lewis employee who is accused of spying on activists from September 2007 through July 21, 2009. Washington State peace activists allege John Towery posed as anarchist "John Jacob" at their public and private meetings, infiltrated their group, and collected private information that was later shared with several law enforcement agencies. The findings of the Army’s internal investigation into this matter were not included in documents released to the ACLU, but Towery is a defendant in a federal civil lawsuit filed by an Olympia Port Militarization Resistance (OlyPMR) activist.

www.charityandsecurity.org...

This one really hits home for me. I know the group mentioned in the first bullet point. I even attended a meeting. There is absolutely no reason they should have been under any surveillance by a threat fusion center. I have friends that regularly attended the functions, though I myself had a bad feeling about being there for this very reason after the first meeting.

I also recall plenty of 'briefs' about staying away from peaceful demonstrations because so and so got hurt in such and such year from so and so. All of it was total garbage after I had done the research, but try convincing your peers in the military that. They never cared to go in the first place. As far as anyone else was concerned the demonstrations were against the troops, not the war. They feel that way because that's what the superiors tell them to think. Soldiers do one thing very well on command, think.

Feds Use Pre-Crime To Target Disgruntled Veterans

The Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Mind Machine Project, which is currently being demonstrated to law enforcement officials around the country, is primarily aimed at weeding out ‘troubled veterans’ who may be planning to commit terrorist bombings or political assassinations, by illegally wiretapping their phone calls and Internet communications in order to build psychological profiles.

As we reported yesterday, the program purports to be able to identify “resentment toward government,” which is characterized by the technology’s proponents as some kind of mental illness that requires the involvement of “health professionals,” or worse, a trait of domestic terrorists planning imminent attacks.

Having already had their benefits slashed and their right to self-defense eviscerated with the passage of the so-called “Veterans Disarmament Act,” men and women who served their country are now being treated with more disdain than drug smugglers and illegal coming across the border from Mexico.

In May 2009, the New York Times reported on how Boy Scouts were being trained by Homeland Security and the FBI to disarm and forcibly arrest “disgruntled Iraq war veterans” who were characterized in the exercise as domestic terrorists.

www.infowars.com...

The outrageous violation of veteran's Fourth Amendment rights is treasonous at best. The mere thought that the very same persons who give most to uphold and defend those principles which this nation was founded are the ones who are being targetted most heavily is a sickening and dizzying turn of events. It is almost incontrovertible proof of a deliberate marginalization of this group that has so heavily invested its very soul into what this country was founded on is being violated on every front. A tradgedy indeed.

VETERANS DISARMAMENT ACT TO BAR VETS FROM OWNING GUNS

After this Act passed the House and Senate, and was signed into law, this is what you veterans who have been diagnosed with PTSD have to look forward to :

When a person attempts to buy a gun from a FFL dealer, that person must complete ATF Form 4473.
On that form, question # 11f asks---- "Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?"

Next to that, it says See Instructions. Here are the instructions:

Question 11.f. Adjudicated Mentallv Defective: A determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease
l) is a danger to himself or to others; or (2) lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs. This term shall include: (1) a finding of insanity by a court in a criminal case; and (2) Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility.Committed to a Mental lnstitution: A formal commitment of a person to a mental institution by a couft, board, commission, or other lawful authority. The term includes a commitment to a mental institution involuntarily. The term includes commitment for mental defectiveness or mental illness. It also includes commitments for other reasons, such as for drug use. The term does not include a person in a mental institution for observation or a voluntary admission to a mental institution.

EXCEPTION to 11. f. NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007: A person who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution is not prohibited if (1) the person was adjudicated or committed by a department or agency of the Federal Government, such as the United States Department of Veteran's Affairs ("VA") (as opposed to a State court, State board,or other lawful State authority); and (2) either: (a) the person's adjudication or commitment for mental incompetency was set-aside or expunged by the adjudicating/committing agency; (b) the person has been fully released or discharged from all mandatory treatment, supervision, or monitoring by the agency; or (c) the person was found by the agency to no longer suffer from the mental health condition that served as the basis of the initial adjudication. Persons who fit this exception should answer "no" to Item 11.f . This exception does not apply to any person who was adjudicated to be not guilty by reason of insanity, or based on lack of mental responsibility, or found incompetent to stand trial, in any criminal case or under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Don't look now, or you'll see your Second Amendment rights, constitutionally garunteed and which you swore to uphold and defend with your life on the dotted line are now gone for the wrong reasons. After picking up a weapon and murdering innocents abroad for your country, you are now a criminal for disagreeing with your government at that same place you once called home. You may be injured, physically and mentally, forced to pay large copays for healthcare off a meager medical separation when a civillian would recieve thousands of percentage points more in compensation. You might be injured physically and mentally and forced to endure drug after drug while having a doctor try to rationalize to you why you will not recieve the surgery you desperately need because it doesn't fit into their bosses' bottom line. You might be dying, but due to an neglect on the government's end, you will continue to do so until some person who cares not for your situation is forced to by scandal or legal suit. You maybe be meagerly compensated for the debts you incurred while fighting a system that fights harder and attacks more personally than any enemy you have ever faced, killing you from the inside out. Don't worry, someone out there is very proud of you, and they are more proud to parade around in your visage pretending to embody what you truely represent until they get elected, only to strip you of what little you have left. Don't worry, you'll have to pay more for health care soon, and the one meager thing that is left - the clinics - will gladly be shared with the welfare hungry families who so desperately need the care more than you.

I think I need a break from this, emotion is penetrating my thought proccess.

Scouts Train to Fight Terrorists, and More

Ten minutes into arrant mayhem in this town near the Mexican border, and the gunman, a disgruntled Iraq war veteran, has already taken out two people, one slumped in his desk, the other covered in blood on the floor.

Skip to next paragraph
Multimedia

Slide Show
Explorers Train to Fight Terrorists, and More
Enlarge This Image

Todd Krainin for The New York Times
In a training exercise run by Border Patrol agents, Explorer scouts from Visalia, Calif., prepare to storm a “hijacked” bus. More Photos »

The responding officers — eight teenage boys and girls, the youngest 14 — face tripwire, a thin cloud of poisonous gas and loud shots — BAM! BAM! — fired from behind a flimsy wall. They move quickly, pellet guns drawn and masks affixed.

“United States Border Patrol! Put your hands up!” screams one in a voice cracking with adolescent determination as the suspect is subdued.

edit on 2010/12/25 by sbctinfantry because: Formatting Error BBCode

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Interesting.. But no thanks .. Memories - both good and bad are part of what make us who we are... Have learned to live with the nightmares / flashbacks from my 4 tours in vietnam without the need of drugs. Also way to many adverse reactions / side effects to many drugs used in western medicine - especially in drugs from the u.s . Read the pamphlets that come with them or if can look them up in the PDR .

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
A "trauma pill" could blot out memories of harrowing events for combat veterans and survivors of accidents or terrorism, say Canadian researchers.

A pill to prevent PTSD?

More like a pill to wipe out the memories of witnesses to war crimes.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Interesting.. But no thanks .. Memories - both good and bad are part of what make us who we are... Have learned to live with the nightmares / flashbacks from my 4 tours in vietnam without the need of drugs. Also way to many adverse reactions / side effects to many drugs used in western medicine - especially in drugs from the u.s . Read the pamphlets that come with them or if can look them up in the PDR .

If your disability is so great that you must rely on the retirement check provided from the government, and they ordered you to take these medications, would you take them? Would you risk watching your family starve? If you were freshly denied unemployment, SSI, Social Security, and Food Stamps while having to live on $1000 a month with a $1,200 a month lease obligation before all other necessities?

Here is but one example :

Depakote / Divalproex

Divalproex Uses:
Divalproex is prescribed to treat seizures and certain seizure disorders such as epilepsy, a condition that causes recurring seizures. A seizure occurs when electrical signals in the brain are disturbed and become abnormally excited, resulting in symptoms such as violent convulsions, loss of consciousness or staring spells.

Divalproex is also prescribed to treat migraine headaches and the manic phase of bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depressive disorder. Patients with bipolar disorder experience extreme changes in mood, ranging from serious lows of depression to highs of mania.

Divalproex Side Effects:

•Headache
•Diarrhea
•Cough
•Bleeding gums
•Joint or muscle pain
•Euphoria
•Loss of appetite
•Fever
•Depression
•Difficulty breathing
•Difficulty sleeping
•Vomiting
•Sore throat
•Unusual bruising
•Usual bleeding
•Unusual weight gain or weight loss

Warning!:
Depakote tablets should be swallowed whole with a drink of water and not broken, crushed or chewed.
This medicine may cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
This medicine can cause some people to put on weight. Talk to your doctor about this before you start treatment so that you can discuss strategies, such as diet and exercise, for minimising any weight gain.
This medicine may on rare occasions affect your liver, pancreas or blood cells. You should have blood tests to monitor your liver function, blood cells and blood clotting time before you start treatment. Your liver function should be monitored for the first six months of treatment, and your blood cell count should be checked before any surgery. Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms during treatment, particularly if they come on suddenly or occur in the first six months of taking the medicine: lack of appetite and energy, weakness, feeling generally unwell, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, severe abdominal pain, swelling of ankles, yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice), or unusual bruising or bleeding.
People with diabetes should be aware that valproate semisodium can cause false positive results in urine tests for ketones.
You should not suddenly stop taking this medicine unless your doctor tells you otherwise, as suddenly stopping treatment could make your symptoms return. When this medicine is stopped, it should normally be done gradually, under the supervision of your specialist.

Every website I looked at involved suggesting a blood test for your doctor to check valproate levels. There are many reasons to do this, but a very obvious one is to see if you are even taking the medication properly, if at all.

Information taken from the following websites :
www.drugwatch.com...
www.crazymeds.us...
www.nami.org...(divalproex).htm
www.netdoctor.co.uk...

After this list of websites, the long return of hits from google is far too many to review and are redundant anyway.

Couple this with the fact that I am on this medication with others, and I had a failing liver when it was recommended, have not been ordered off of it, have been to the E.R. twice and the VA still forces me to take it after voicing concerns at least three solid times. Now that I no longer take it, I have had to contact my congressman and file complaints.

All over just one medication I am on. Don't forget, bills are due as well.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Havent recieved a thing from the u.s government since was discharged. Want nothing from them either. Furthered my education on my own and worked for everything I have. I learned to live with my p.t.s.d without their damn doctors and drugs.. There is always ways to work and overcome any disability whether its physical or mental. just takes willpower.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reply to post by sbctinfantry

Havent recieved a thing from the u.s government since was discharged. Want nothing from them either. Furthered my education on my own and worked for everything I have. I learned to live with my p.t.s.d without their damn doctors and drugs.. There is always ways to work and overcome any disability whether its physical or mental. just takes willpower.

So your solution to the mountains of evidence I am gathering is that everything that is happeneing to these vets is their fault because they should not rely on the programs that were promised to them at the time of their enlistment? Would you tell an employee that they are on their own after they paid into 401K

To the above poster, please read all the information and instead of responding to one facet you do not agree with provide supporting documentation as opposed to a rough opinion on a narrow perspective and aspect. I myself have recieved little from the government, and have applied for the GI Bill since realizing that I will starve without it.

I ask you this before you go. Is that the way it is supposed to be? Are we to just accept it, or are we to document and then crimininally charge the United States Government for intentional negligence, murder and other crimes along those lines.

Was agent orange just something soldiers should accept?

The truth of the matter is I walk with a cane, require two surgeries, require another transplant down the line, have no job skills I can physically utilize anymore due to disability, and to say that I should just, basically, get over it in the same way you have managed to is preposterous. Are you the majority scenario or the minority? Who would the DoD endorse a in regards to the story laid out, viewed in a public forum?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just speaking from experience.. 1. Am sterile due to agent orange
2. Am still carrying shrapnel inside me from vietnam.
3. I get nightmares/ flashbacks from my service in vietnam.
After 4 tours got out and what we got was spit on by the public called babykillers and worse. We were denied employment when returned, try to get an edecation there after no dice - hated by fellow students if they learned one was a vietnam vet.. Went to the v.a to get help - was told flat out never to set foot on government property again- was having severe flashback when went .. Was deemed too dangerous after one person there put a hand on me and I reacted as trained putting that person in hospital. Its documented in my record that if threatened or attacked I react as trained . After going through all that reached the conclusion to charlie mike and get on with my life. Left the states , continued my education and worked. Ive got friends from vietnam in wheelchairs with worse p.t.s.d than me who also get no help from the government they too work and make the best of it.. Many more of my friends died in vietnam.. Fact is soldiers are expendable when were no longer of use.. The remfs get help as they know how to play the paperwork game and kiss ass while the grunts get shafted.. Its good your gathering the info and sharing it.. But dont expect it to change how the government or public treat veterans.. Only thing you can do is charlie mike and make the best with what you have..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Just speaking from experience.. 1. Am sterile due to agent orange
2. Am still carrying shrapnel inside me from vietnam.
3. I get nightmares/ flashbacks from my service in vietnam.
After 4 tours got out and what we got was spit on by the public called babykillers and worse. We were denied employment when returned, try to get an edecation there after no dice - hated by fellow students if they learned one was a vietnam vet.. Went to the v.a to get help - was told flat out never to set foot on government property again- was having severe flashback when went .. Was deemed too dangerous after one person there put a hand on me and I reacted as trained putting that person in hospital. Its documented in my record that if threatened or attacked I react as trained . After going through all that reached the conclusion to charlie mike and get on with my life. Left the states , continued my education and worked. Ive got friends from vietnam in wheelchairs with worse p.t.s.d than me who also get no help from the government they too work and make the best of it.. Many more of my friends died in vietnam.. Fact is soldiers are expendable when were no longer of use.. The remfs get help as they know how to play the paperwork game and kiss ass while the grunts get shafted.. Its good your gathering the info and sharing it.. But dont expect it to change how the government or public treat veterans.. Only thing you can do is charlie mike and make the best with what you have..

I'll be sure to mention that at the opening ceremony for the VA Center opening in Texas City. I'll also mention it when I speak again at the one in Galveston, and see how all those veterans with agent orange would be if they had not found a certain person to fight for them.

Quit derailing my post, as it is not intended to change the world, merely a data dump that I can draw from and have others add to. It is a forum topic, any activism is done outside of it. You sir, are saying that though I do all these things with tangible results I am a failure. What a great outlook on life. I invite you to the PTSD group in Galveston, TX every week at the Galveston VA Medcial center. Call for details.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have come to one conclusion. There is a strong satanic influence in our government. They view the killing, maiming, and mistreatment of our soldiers - our best citizens - as a good sacrifice for satan. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan - none of these countries were ever a threat to the US. Our soldiers have been killed and maimed, based on lies from our government. Those, such as JFK, who tried to change course, were killed. Forced vaccinations - damage our soldiers long term health. They get no say in the matter.

top topics

join