It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Spirits of Universe speaking to us through Artists and Musicians ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Thanks to all who have responded here. Great input, very insightful and much appreciated..I would like to add that I believe everyone is an artist in one way or another.

It's an art to get your kids dressed and to school on time. It's an art to not get road rage driving home in rush hour traffic. LOL....with that being said I would like to once again encourage comments from any people who have noticed or experienced any kind of special messages that impacted their day or their lives.

Any kind of messages not just in music or art but in nature also. Anyone who believes that something divine, alien or supernatural was trying to influence them in any way.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I feel that they are, the language of the universe is through images, colours, feelings and music and symbols.
A message is more importantly felt through inspiration through the heart not the mind.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Wow, just wow! Very interesting, I would never have realised if I hadn't have read this thread but now that you all mention it I can see it too. :O

Thanks for opening my eyes.

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here are some ancient artists or perhaps aliens or Spirits speaking to us through art in stone

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-1-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Sometimes you have to wonder! Some artists are just that 'in tune' (no pun intended!) with their instruments that emotion just flows through them like a live wire - no holdups or the slightest hint of the fact their instrument is not a literal part of their body and completely, utterly natural to them. Because of that it's just one step more 'primal' and closer to people's real feelings and nature; bypassing those steps of artificiality and going straight to the emotional 'nerve'.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Soulsofwe because: Woah woah woah, posting before I'm finished, are you? Silly ATS!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The Divine Spirit is the greatest artist of all time. The greatest story teller ever and the creator of the Grand Tapestry of life and the Universe. We all are a part of that tapestry and our own individual stories are all an important part of that. Like the individual patches of a quilt. Without all the pieces in their correct order and positions the big picture or design is not complete. The pieces of the puzzle are slowly filled in as we develop in life and each life fills in a piece of that puzzle and completes a part of the quilt or tapestry.

Life is beautiful and I believe it is important for us as spiritual beings to express our life experiences and to share our thoughts, feelings, wisdom and knowledge with each other. In so doing you as part of the collective spirit of the Universe will be telling the life story of our Infinite Creator God. The Holy Spirit is in everyone and everything.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i think spirts speak to us in many diffrent ways..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
Hi I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I am a musician/poet/songwriter and I believe that much of my inspiration and expressions are coming to me and through me from a higher source other than just my own intellectual mind, my personal experiences and my personal opinions. Most of the art I have created seemed to come to me in a flash of inspiration and kinda just flowed out of me like I wasn't really the one creating it.

I see and hear these same types of messages coming from other artists in all genres and from all different backgrounds, age groups, periods throughout history, different religions and they all seems to have a common theme and purpose.

Is this just the common experience of the Human condition or is it more? Is it supernatural, spiritual forces at work or perhaps even aliens using us to get their message across?

What are your thoughts, opinions and personal experiences of this phenomenon ?

Here is a quote that expresses the same concept i'm speaking of

" I decided that it was not wisdom that enabled poets to write their poetry, but a kind of instinct or inspiration, such as you find in seers and prophets who deliver all their sublime messages without knowing in the least what they mean."

Socrates

Yes it is true, I once wrote a song about robots and it was a very catchy tune and everybody who listened to it was instantly hooked. But the odd part was that when I wrote it, I didnt do much on "thinking about the song", it was like that it had coming automatically. Very very strange expierence.

This was also my most populair song I ever wrote, I made a small breakthrough with it. Not a major one, but more like that I wass able to play almost everywhere in the "underground scene" I wanted when I let the promoters listen to it.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

No, they are not.

However, it has been established since the times of Pythagoras and Euclid that certain mathematical principles are considered pleasing to our subconscious and guide the works or artists of all genre and media.

The "Golden Ratio" or phi constant, approximately 1: 1.618 can be expressed algebraically as:
a+b is to a as a is to b.

This ratio or constant can be incorporated into works of art and music subconsciously or even on purpose.

The Fibonacci series likewise figures into sense of proportion and musical scales.and appears in nature in the leaves of trees and shapes of fruit. It can be expressed as a series along the pattern of 0,1,1,2,3,5,8, 13, 21, 34,55, 89, 144 ... . (See the pattern?)

These mathematical constants are often found in some of our most pleasing art and media, but they are not spirits of the universe.

jw

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The spiral pattern created by the Fibonacci sequence is considered by many scientists to be Gods fingerprint. Yes it is the Spirits of the Universe.

www.youtube.com...

And is also used in chaos theory, fractals and micro/macro universe theories

www.youtube.com...

It also used in frequency studies

www.youtube.com...

Astronomy studies and yes music

edit on 15-3-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add video

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Here is a great Spirit speaking through an artist...Enjoy

:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't know if this applies to your original topic, but I have an incident of genuinely not knowing knowing what I was doing musically. I love the crafting of musical instuments, but until recently, couldn't play a note.
I recieved a uke as a birthday gift, had it week, when my brother came to visit. He was reading Tarot cards, I was tuning the uke with an iphone app, (that's how astute I am about music.)
He was reading the cards, stopped, and asked, "how long have you had that thing?"
"a week."
I was watching him read cards, not looking at my hands. Somehow, I was playing "Here Comes The Sun" - not plink plink note guessing, but full chords and accent notes. For some reason, neither of us were phased or shocked.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Was watching a documentary about great artists and their 'muses'.
There was a writer, a pianist talking about it.
The writer was a French woman and he was writing a book about mathmatics when a voice kept talking to her about 'duality' and it allowed her to solve the problem.
The pianist's 'muse' was much more vivid and lucid. He said he was in his hotel room in Moscow on the eve of a piano championship.
Out of nowhere appeared this guy in olde-worlde clothes (Mozart's era) who basically told him he was to play the best he'd ever played and win the competition.
The pianist stated the being was as solid as you or I.
The next day he played outstandingly and sure enough, won the competition...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I thought the Spirit played through Jimmy Hendrix' fingers sometimes for sure, but apparently Schubert, who could turn out music at an amazing pace once said "My job is not to write the music, but to remember it." Maybe it all exists in the Akashic records, and with practice, we could all 'remember' it?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryN

As a 21st Century Schitzoid man myself
, I believe music comes from the collective unconscious.

It exists within all of us all the time, but only a very few are able to tap into the stream and replay it for the rest.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Thanks for all the recent posts guys/gals.

It's been almost a year since I first posted this topic. Nice to see it coming back to life.

I wonder if it's this time of year when that collective consciousness starts calling to people.

Spirits of Holiday season perhaps .

EDIT:

By the way the video I posted above is no longer working. Here's the new link

edit on 17-11-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add video

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew

Is this just the common experience of the Human condition or is it more? Is it supernatural, spiritual forces at work or perhaps even aliens using us to get their message across?

What are your thoughts, opinions and personal experiences of this phenomenon ?

No idea, highly doubt it is aliens, most likely your inner self and own creativity.
edit on 17/11/2011 by SativaDub because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Thank you for sharing!

When pigs fly, and elephants paint, what a world

Its a baby elephant holding a flower. Where does the "inspiration" come from? No matter if the elephant was trained to paint or it just started painting on its own, it does show this elephant is self aware. Now about those cave paintings found all around the world showing ancient animal life, I wonder who the real artists were

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The planet is sick. What's the solution? We're in the dispensation of Grace at the moment... This will change, and it won't be pleasant. Then Jesus will return. Has anybody in the US heard of this UK group: Magnetic Man? Check it out:

After you do, read the first few verses of the book of Revelation, chapter 6, which relate to the song (hint: those are not just '4 guys'): link
edit on 19/11/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

We're in the dispensation of Grace at the moment...
Yes, I believe this is correct. We have a, and I do hate to use the term "Alien", Alien Allie, holding the external dark forces at bay.

But why give us a time extension, so to speak, if the end of the book is already written? Because as dark and ominous as our future may look, their is a vary thin sliver of the most beautiful silver light one could imagine waiting to be discovered.

We, have been given this extra, divine, grace, to soul search, to ponder, to decide, what new world would be the best and most acceptable to the majority of humanity. And to decide at what cost, it will be worth.

It vary well may be we have been allowed this extra time to, how shall I put it, overcome?, the effects of some evil dirty tricks played on us by some very evil mindsets. How can we make an honest choice when we have been robbed of our ability to discern reality from fiction, truth from falsehoods, and right from wrong. The rules of free choice have been perverted and broken, but not by us. And this is why I believe we have been given this additional time.

You ask what is the answer, well, who knows for certain. I mean to say that as with any puzzle you must be able to see all the pieces of the puzzle laid out before you so that you can then begin to reassemble the picture. When we go to the store and buy a puzzle, we assume, all the pieces are in the box. For the vast majority of the time this is true. But in the real world that is ruled and controlled by compartmentalization you can most assuredly assume not all the pieces are there, and there are pieces there, that should not be. To my knowledge, there is only one way to overcome this condition. You must reach out! You must trust!

As much as I hate to even consider the possibility, Amazing Grace, does not last forever. They, "The Guarding Aliens" will at some point, give up and decide that the life we have chosen, is the one we are living. God help us all.......

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join