It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Spirits of Universe speaking to us through Artists and Musicians ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Only in the last few days have I been considering starting a thread on this very subject my self. I'm not an artist or musician but I have a friend who is an artist and we were discussing this very subject recently. Also from a non musician or artist, I have been hearing the message in music and seeing it in films and even on tv recently...everywhere I look I see it...an example: I have 10 minutes to kill while I wait for a client to turn up at my house (i work from home and sometimes have clients over to view artwork or discuss projects), so I put on the telly, now I never usually do this but my computer had died so had no internet to amuse me, anyway there is a day time chat show on, loose women...it's a kind of chat or panel show, mundane, mass media day time drivel. Anyway I listen and they are talking about the world giving back what you project, the power of positive thinking and getting what you ask for if you really believe it. Not a usual topic for this lot! It's almost like they are more spiritual/enlightened than they used to be, or that spiritual beliefs are becoming more mainstream...It's ok to be aware of a greater force or to have more new age (I hate that term but cant think of any better) beliefs

Day to day I hear it in new songs and old songs where I didn't hear it before (the chillies were mentioned earlier, only yesterday I had a moment listening to californication), I see it in films and on the TV...It's everywhere! Now I know this could just be me and my journey(to cut a very long story short, and sounding rather new age, I think im waking up), or just my imagination...but it feels real

Just wanted to share my experiences

oh and merry christmas one and all
edit on 25-12-2010 by doubledutch because: or happy solstice...or just be happy

edit on 25-12-2010 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

e2a: or happy solstice...or just be happy
edit on 25-12-2010 by doubledutch because: hmmmmm....

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
they may be speaking through certain artists directly, even without the artists knowing. however, they sure as hell arent speaking through these evil tools of social strategic brainwashing... unless that is, theyre being channels for demonic entitys

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Before I get too religious oriented again. I want to repeat that this thread was never intend to just be about musicians or artists or a few select people or a particular group being able to channel Spirits or talk to God or contact other dimensions or have divine dreams

I'm talking about being awake and experiencing normal everyday events happening right in front of eyes that we are over looking and are missing great opportunities to inspire our lives and teach us knowledge and Spiritual growth. Things like "if a tree falls in the forest with nobody around to hear it does it still make a noise"

. This absolutely is about everyone and anyone who feels that they have had experiences similar to but not limited to being "Awakened" or "Re-born" or "Enlightenment" or "Touched" or "Inspired" or "Abducted" or "Activated" any other Term used in the vast array of ways people have tried to explain these kinds of experiences .

I'm not trying to convince anyone about religion or faith. This is just about being positive towards the "Self" or the "Spirit" or "Soul" or "Inner voice" or what ever name you would like to call it

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Thank you Merry Christmas Happy New Year to you too and Blessed happy days to come.

I know that a few other people have responded with very valuable and meaningful aspects of this entire topic and others have also already touched on these points as well , but i'm finding it impossible to respond to and thank everyone and I would be completely drained and exhausted if i tried to do it . Just know I appreciate all who posted to this thread for their contributions and I will be getting back to some of the comments I find highly insightful informative and inspirational. That being said,

You have just made one of the comments connecting some of the other aspects of everyday life where this is happening that so often goes unnoticed. It absolutely is everywhere and I see it too and have off and on for a long time. Whatever bits and pieces or crumbs that fall into your lap or field of vision that seem to be directly pointing themselves at you and are attempting to get your attention.

It is the greatest story teller of all time at work and it's truly amazing how all the art is woven together into the great tapestry of life. I'm glad you mentioned that you noticed it happening on TV. Because this is where some might say that it is the TV brainwashing us and I would like to hear more if you don't mind about what was the underlying message you got from the TV.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

Interesting take on it, I've seen pink elephants flying but I don't think it was a musical thing, lol. I know where your coming from though.

Good thread topic. I'm not sure about spirits as such, but energy I think yes. Sometimes I'm on and some and sometimes I'm not, when you're in the zone you know it. Finding the right side of your brain is a lot harder than it finding you, for that to happen you have to be in a certain mindset, at least for me. There's times though that it seems to go beyond just the right side of the brain and it's hard to describe in words. For me when this happens, my guitar becomes an extension of my body, it's effortless, almost as though the instrument is playing it's self. There's a certain energy that allows your feelings and expression to come thru your instrument but not in a methodical or mechanical manner. Sometimes it feels more like a spiritual experience than just the right side brain, I don't question it, I just go with it. I do know it feels awesome when it happens, almost as in a euphoric trance like state of mind. It happens more often to me now but it's taken me 30+ yrs of playing to achieve it on a more constant level. We go thru different boundary breaking levels in life and it's a very awesome feeling when you get past a boundary and you know you went thru it and reached another level. Jimi Hendrix had a very natural ability of channeling his energy and expression thru his guitar, you could feel it. Jeff Beck is also a good example.
The world is full of sound waves and frequencies and music is an expression of frequencies we hear in our minds, so the relationship is no doubt there.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

The lyracist for Tom Sawyer, Pye Dubois (Paul Woods) who also wrote all the lyrics for Max Webster was a friend of my families, who we once indoctrinated as our uncle (with a plaque). Max Webster and Rush used to tour together a lot.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
...if you believe you are significant enough to have an impact on the universe (as in it somehow recognizes you or responds to you or chooses you to relay a message) - so be it...

...i think its arrogant that the universe would recognized something as trifling as a human but thats just me... you can believe whatever you want...

...there is sometimes a bit of magic in creativity but when something comes easy or seems to "flow", its not due to an outside entity - its just me...

...i picked up a mandolin one day and became proficient in three months - no lessons, never played a string instrument before, couldnt read music or tabulature - but - i was determined and i dont mind working hard (when its my choice, lol)... thats the trick at being successful in whatever you choose to do...

...either you got the drive to make it happen or you dont...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Yes. The most under-rated band in Canadian history - Rush. Another meaningful one they wrote, about the impending artistic and spiritual death of modern man, was "Subdivisions".

Perhaps it's a little outdated now, but when I listen to their songs, I am struck by the prophetic quality of their lyrics, and that "New World Man" song, I swear that I have not been patterning myself or my persona here based on that song, but there it is, a song about me, or anyone who's trying to perform The Great Work in the midst of our crazy world. Sent chills up and down my spine listening to it again.

Nice thread! S&F

I think this is one of my favorite Rush songs and at times I have even considered it to be a personal Anthem of mine. Every time I hear it I'm am given confirmation that the hand of God never stops ringing the church bells and and they continue to keep reverberating in my brain like angels of the choir

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Music can express how I feel about this topic better than words.

So here you go:

Inspired.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Life is supernatural.

If you have awoken to the point that you realize the interconnectedness of the universe, then you are doing well.

I have many times asked the universe and god for help, while in my workshop, making things out of metal and wood, and if my heart was in the right place, then things went smoothly, but if I was angry, then nothing went right.

Nobody ever learned anything by talking, you have to "listen".

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I'm sorry you feel that arrogance plays any role in my feelings of our human race having significance to the Universe as a whole. I think this dangerous thinking and should be modified to protect your self esteem if nothing else. You are correct though I do believe the Universe is speaking to us and acknowledging us mere humans. Even more than just speaking to us and teaching us it is calling to us to serve it's purpose. Because I think we are intended to serve a purpose does not mean I believe we are more important than any other speck of dust floating around in the air or the air itself. I personally am quite modest and humble in my ways. I do not live extravagantly and I do not wish to live in the lap of luxury or beyond my means. I think the ability to be recognized by the Universe is in everything and all of Gods creatures are equally important in the grand view. The ideas about "15 minutes of fame" is a nice way to express this concept. We are all important at different times and if we are aware of our moment to shine we all can perform in the Gods great play. If you do your duty and play your part well for the purpose the Universe asks of you. It repays you by giving you another task to fulfill. If you are not aware of your moment in time arriving and let it pass by you then you go the back of the rear of the line to wait your next turn or calling. If you ignore your duty to often then the Universe begins to stop requesting your services and you do fall into a category of being somewhat insignificant to the grand scheme but still important on a lessor scale. Most of the creatures on this planet whom I probably would assume you believe to be beneath us humans are actually quite more evolved than we are Spiritually and acknowledge and communicate with the other side and the unknown everyday and fulfill there parts in the play no matter how trivial it may seem to us. It is very important to recognize ones own importance and that everything has a higher purpose and value. Forget this at your risk of fading into nothingness if only in a metaphorical way of speaking. What is arrogance is to assume that you are here for no purpose and just given this time to do whatever you want. That is quite selfish along with being arrogant. No matter what whether you find your purpose or not the Universe will find one for you. I would much rather take a detour and walk along my own path than to follow behind someone blindly off a cliff. Are you so sure that the choices you are making are your own and not the puppet master?
edit on 25-12-2010 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...if you believe you are significant enough to have an impact on the universe (as in it somehow recognizes you or responds to you or chooses you to relay a message) - so be it...

...i think its arrogant that the universe would recognized something as trifling as a human but thats just me... you can believe whatever you want...

...there is sometimes a bit of magic in creativity but when something comes easy or seems to "flow", its not due to an outside entity - its just me...

...i picked up a mandolin one day and became proficient in three months - no lessons, never played a string instrument before, couldnt read music or tabulature - but - i was determined and i dont mind working hard (when its my choice, lol)... thats the trick at being successful in whatever you choose to do...

...either you got the drive to make it happen or you dont...

Are you really serious when saying it is arrogant to think that we are important to the Universe
But your statement you follow that up with is not arrogant. This is a perfect example of the reason this thread needs to be continued into the next 2000 years. We will never evolve with this mentality.

My response to this way of thinking is "the bigger they come the harder they fall"
edit on 25-12-2010 by MathiasAndrew because: addendum dum dum

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
hmmmm.

one of my "500 hobbies" is studying Murals.

Often they are painted by groups of people. These murals are supposed to be a kind of historical or currant "take" on the city and the time that they are painted for.

Surely unconscious things creep into the painting. Spirits and Guides also Influence. One then "read between the lines" and then see hidden items and hidden messages.

I live in the Tallahassee city. At the intersection of the two main streets there is a mural. One about 60 feet wide.

www.flickr.com...

do you see the two Christian crosses hidden in this mural. one of them is part of the "peace sign", but the other I am fairly sure that they did not "intend" to place into this mural.

a few blocks away is another mural, one on the side of the Homeless shelter.
www.flickr.com...
see the cross here too.

the trick is...to separate the signal from the noise. If Art can be inspired, then *any* art can be inspired.

And..."inspired" means just that, an open mike. Any spirit, demon, lost soul, Jesus himself, etc, can Inspire an artist.

freestone

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Could these artists not just be very Talented. Doesn't have to be anything supernatural about them.Maybe they are just stoned, high or drunk. Look at Pink Floyd and Zepplin. Also I belive the sprits of the universe speak to the listeners as well. Everytime I hear Rianna or Beiber (Prob. spelt his name wrong but lets be honest who cares) They tell me load up the guns and plug their talentless asses up. lol

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
9/11 trade center:

well here I am going to give to you all an example of what I feel is a kind of inspired mural, a prophetic mural. I have not seen this mural myself, only read the articles about it.

here is the article.

www.sptimes.com...

Childish strokes take on air of prophecy
By LUCY MORGAN
© St. Petersburg Times,
published October 13, 2001

It would seem that the collective minds of the world's intelligence community never imagined that armed terrorists would fly airplanes into the World Trade Center.

Despite all the money and energy we have poured into the CIA and other agencies, the United States was caught napping on the morning of Sept. 11.

Perhaps the CIA should have looked in Quincy, a small town in the Florida Panhandle about 30 miles east of Tallahassee.

There on a wall-sized, brightly colored mural painted about six years ago, a group of school children imagined the unthinkable.

The twin towers stand out, with windows lighted up and faces peering from them. Some of the windows seem to be filled with fire, and people are shown jumping from the building. The Empire State Building appears in the background, and a large jet airplane flies directly at the upper floors of the trade center.

These days it gets eerie looks from those who notice the similarity between the mural and actual events. The mural sits outside a building that houses the Gadsden County Sheriff's Department and the library.

There.

Here is another example of another mural having, to me at least, a hidden inspired message within it.

I lived in Gainesville, Florida, around 1989. there was a mural painted in a major intersection. it was painted over within years, no photo record seems to exist. I tried to interpret it, in my weblog. I tried to draw from memory.
The artist "merely" tried to paint a man on a bicycle, on the wall of a bicycle shop; there was more, much more....!

freestone.blogspot.com...

Gainesville Mural
a Mural from memory, as they had painted it over.
Gainesville Florida, about 1989 to 1993.

This mural was on the wall of a bicycle shop, on a main intersection of the city, probably the most important intersection in this city.
Note that the helmet of the rider looked *exactly* like the space-photo of the earth as seen on the cover of the Whole Earth catalog, at the 1986, or so, time.
One might infer that, in this very environmentalist aware city, the Mural painter might have painted this helmet on purpose to appear as the 'earth' , as he might be commenting upon the condition of the planet; the pained face of this rider looks "pensive", in the painted
mural!
I was very struck by how there were 9 bike parts, 9 clouds, 9 wind
"indicators" of motion, in the mural!

The letters "JC" are *not* that of the painter!

There were shadows in the hill to the left, and the shadows looked
about just what I placed: looked like letters and if I turned them all about "upright" and read them left to right like of a book....
KA
LK
I
the word "KALKI" appears!

*Now* the "9" items becomes clear: the 9 avatars of India fame.
the 8th avatar, Krishna, has a brother who also is an Incarnation of Vishnu, like of Krisna, thus the 8th shadow is doubled. the 9th
avatar is not Buddha, it is Jesus, as apparent in the "JC"!

"77" ?!

sooomething seems to infer, to me, that the painter unconsciously
painted this Mural to show the history of mankind, and that
as the Rider is now about to "touch" the hill, the hill of the pure spirit from where the avatars incarnated from, the Time of the tenth avatar,
Kalki, is immanent!
the path goes to pure spirit, as this path of humanity intersects with
the spirit world! End of the Age, 2012 Looms, all of us go to Heaven and/or hell, the Final Judgment, and all of that!

I can see why this mural was painted over!

I wonder if the "77" infers the length of time until the End Times?!

But then again, this idea of the prediction of the time of the End Times, is only an interpretation.

---does not help my peace of mind that his last mural in the series was the brown brown courthouse: all of the colors were of shades of brown, and brown symbolizes "the earth".

"Final Judgment", anyone?!

This one mural might have the "end times" as a prophectic hidden message!!
When?
if True, can one read the real date of the earthchanges?!

I wonder what else in in murals?
They now are in nearly every city.

Denver Airport, anyone?!!

freestone

edit on 25-12-2010 by freestonew because: needed more linking content.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...#!

This video explains some of the theories

edit on 25-12-2010 by MathiasAndrew because: typo

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Here let famous recording star Lady Gaga and Beyonce tell you.

Beyonce, in her own words:

Jay-Z : There's no secret hidden by him, of Luciferian worship.

edit on 25-12-2010 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Seeing crap like this on the front page is why I rarely come to this site. I thought this site was about finding truth, not blinding people with supernatural bs like this.

"Hey guys, I just found a cure for cancer that the government has been hiding for years!" gets one star.

Crap like this gets the front page, that's awesome.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The universe surely speaks through artists, However, some artists don't express what the universe wants the rest of us to know. Hence, you get egomaniacs like Thomas Kinkade. Unfortunately, too many people fail to recognize there is no substance and soul in art such as that. Finally Creator has to intervene and smack down charlatans like Kinkade.

law.rightpundits.com...

One of the most talented artists.

A greatly talented marketing graduate, for sure!!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pobble
Seeing crap like this on the front page is why I rarely come to this site. I thought this site was about finding truth, not blinding people with supernatural bs like this.

"Hey guys, I just found a cure for cancer that the government has been hiding for years!" gets one star.

Crap like this gets the front page, that's awesome.

The fact that topics like this gets so many stars can attest to the fact that maybe YOUR version of the truth isnt the only valid truth. Apparantly, many of us out here believe that the spiritual world influences the physical world in many, if not most ways. Just because you think it's supernatural b.s. doesn't make you right. Where is this other topic on a cancer cure that got only one star. If there's any validity to it, ill give it another star no problem, but I still believe in GOD, Jesus and the Holy Spirit and I believe that demons influence people and politicians and are major players in this cesspool that was once a beautiful earth. Anyone who does nuclear testing in such a beautiful place as Bikini Atoll has to be demonically influenced and there are no secrets tat many artists have claimed to sell their souls to Satan for untold riches and fame. The evil in the world separates the humans from the demonically influenced and the calling cards of Lucifer are everywhere today.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join