It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Spirits of Universe speaking to us through Artists and Musicians ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Nice thought but I don't think there is even such a thing as 'spirits of the universe'. It's just that many people are gifted in one way or another.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I write song's and i also meditate and i have to say that on occasion they seem to take you to the same place. Where that place is i do not know, but i can say this....It is calm, peaceful, wonderful, fulfilling. A beautiful place to be and if you think it is the holy spirit then that is great in my eye's.........

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
When you have a message, being creative isn't putting that message to a medium that you force it into. It is allowing that message to flow through every part of your being and become part of who you are. The rest just falls into place.

Some men and women wake up and have a vision of a future they feel must be made manifest. Do they all write poetry? Music? Do they all paint ornate canvas? Sculpt masterpieces?

My point is that you can learn music if you feel that it is the best medium, but the point isn't to learn music. The point is to spread your message, to plant your seeds. To bring forth enlightenment. To share yourself.

You can do that through your heart, your soul and your every day life. If your message is love, must you write a song about love? What if you are an excellent people person, why not volunteer? Because there is no fame?

If your message has stipulations, demands of success, it is not genuine. If it is not genuine, it is surely not divine. Not to say I believe that messages are divine, but that it would merely be a small indicator to you if you believe they are.
edit on 2010/12/24 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

I agree with the points you're making and also your earlier comment that stated music is a very personal thing to you and that you do it for yourself. I want you to know that I actually feel the same way and I have never even tried to join a band because of that exact reason. It was always hard for me to collaborate with other musicians and I never enjoyed it as much as I did just playing in my room alone and by myself or for my girlfriend. It has actually been over 14 years since I wrote any new lyrics to any songs. I enjoy composing the music much more than anything. And when i was writing back then it was the words that flowed out of the music that seemed to be coming from somewhere else. The music I believed to be more of my own creation. For me it was the words that came from the music I was playing that would manifest themselves and almost appear from some unknown spark of inspiration while i was playing.

I was never good at writing lyrics down first and then trying to compose a song to go with them. I have made no efforts sell any of my art or release it to the public. I don't perform for anyone but friends and family and have had stage fright when I played for strangers in the past. I do not seek any money or fame and would gladly share my art with anyone and everyone interested in it for free.

I am not claiming that my music or poetry contains any divine knowledge for anyone else other than me. It is actually others peoples music and art that I get these messages from lately much more than my own. Although I have had revelations into the Divine nature of the Universe and the love and light of God through the creative process. I learned about myself much more than anything else.

I believe that we as human beings really aren't that different when simplified and stripped down to the core essential foundations we exist upon. Believing that I take what I know about myself and use it to try and relate to other people around me to understand them better. Yes that may cause me to sometimes be projecting things about myself onto others by doing that. But I don't try to do that in any way to suggest they change who they are or what they believe in or to be like me. I only recommend that people improve upon who they are.

I am a very flawed, troubled and imperfect individual who needs just as much self improvement as anyone. My efforts here are only to add my part to the big picture of it all and hope it contributes to peoples understanding of certain things, themselves and others feelings and I hope that will help improve some of things that we need to improve upon. I also am proud of my efforts in self awareness and self improvement to this point in my life that I feel I can actually be helpful and give good advice with modesty and respect when asked for it.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Absolutely not!. Any piece of work whether from an artist or musician is completely theirs. The is no "Hocus Pocus" channeling etc here! That is insult to the people that create these works!. Those who do believe they "Channel" are at best delusional at worst mentally ill. All my works are mine & come from my head!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Absolutely not!. Any piece of work whether from an artist or musician is completely theirs. The is no "Hocus Pocus" channeling etc here! That is insult to the people that create these works!. Those who do believe they "Channel" are at best delusional at worst mentally ill. All my works are mine & come from my head!

I'm sorry you feel that way. I would have to politely disagree with you though. I am not delusional when suggesting this is a real experience that many people throughout history have felt and believed. I wonder what makes you so sure and your convictions so strong to say "absolutely not". Are all the other claims of mysteries and paranormal phenomenon and experiences of God or aliens or ghosts delusional in your mind too ?

I would even go as far to say that when I have composed a beautiful song and been playing it by myself alone just practicing it and enjoying my work. I hear a ghost whispering and singing words to me in my ear. And I would gladly accept being called delusional to gain more of the knowledge that those voices taught me and love they shared with me.
edit on 25-12-2010 by MathiasAndrew because: add text

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You might be mistaken in thinking that this "awareness" is isolated to artists. I hope in my heart of hearts it is not.

What you are talking about is creative awareness. Everyone has access. It applies to everyones abilities whether or not they do music and art, act or dance. Choice is the personal key. You can use creative awareness to express an idea, emotion or whatever as an artist, but it only seems artists have such ability because of some cultural and historic and societal structures.

Everyone has creative ability, should and are using it. Finding a new path through the city to work is creative. Finding new recipes for your family meals is creative. Designing a flower or vegetable garden is creative. Solving plumbing problems or electrical wiring, or new ways of improving or making beauty through engineering, architecture, and there as many ways of employing creativity as there are people. Name it, and you can see how creative awareness is applicable and improves the world for all. Not just artists. That is an ego trap.

Where creative awareness is not employed, expect entropy.

The best creative people are not necessarily artists. Some are scientists, medical doctors and even your therapist. We all have to think on our feet to survive. If you are not challenged, you are waiting for death. Here is an idea of what creative awareness is.

Everything in the universe is connected intimately. Non Locality is not just an effect, it is a condition of consciousness and all matter and energy.

But not just things.

Connections exist for ideas too. Asking a question really connects you to the answer at a quantum level. Whatever awareness is, it is also connected to all things, time, space, energy and every experience. Einstein said that if you can ask a question correctly, you can find an answer, but he had problems with Quantum Mechanics, so might not actually have meant that as being referenced in his statement. But it was true.

The best creatives can throw away the dial on their radio (so to speak), and slide to the station they need without much process. For some, ideas stream in constantly for anything they think or experience or for no reason at all. Others have to try hard. Still others try too hard. Many of the greatest feats of creativity happened when the discoverer stopped trying. Effort seems to be a problem some times. It flows with you.

I'm not a big Einstein guy, but the story goes that he worked on the problem of relativity for a long time, crunching equations, thinking, imagining and such for months and years. When he saw the vision In his sleep. Einstein is quoted as saying this about the discovery: "A storm broke loose in my mind and with it came the answers." A friend had later said: "He has tapped into gods' thoughts and tuned into the master plan for the universe."

Francis Crick, the Nobel Prize-winning father of modern genetics, was under the influence of '___' when he first deduced thedouble-helix structure of DNA. That was a profound creative act of discovery. The '___' helped him loose the linear structures in his scientific mind and it became clear to him. He let go to it, like a Jazz artist lets go to the music he/she is playing off and with other artists.

Artist are not different from anyone else. It just seems that way for how exposed their work is and it's context being more exalted in our culture, but in reality we would be doomed if that were true.

I should know. I was born an artist and have worked professionally as an artist my whole life. I learned in my 56 years to use creative awareness for more than just music and art. We all "channel" creative for everything we do, if we are doing it to our best ability.

Artist are a good example of creativity and connectedness to the universal mind, but it stops there. It is all our responsibility to use such creative awareness for all we do in our lives.

We all have creative awareness. Please use it whomever you are and whatever you do. Art or finding world peace.

ZG

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

OK if you want to go that way I politely ask you to prove it! - Thank you & Merry Chritmas

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This is a poem I wrote about 14 years ago. The first verse came directly from me but the other parts seemed to again come from a voice in my head other than my own or a ghost whispering in my ear that helped me fill in some of the blanks. Like I would ask a question and someone else responded to me with a question and then they just kinda took over the entire conversation.

We Belong.....

We belong to our mothers, we belong to our fathers, who belong to their sons, who belong to the Sun, which belongs to the Earth, who belongs to the Universe.

Who really belongs to him or herself ? Is it after death that we breathe our first true breath ? Do we belong to the Universe or does the Universe belong to us ? If you catch a taxi does it mean you've missed the bus ?

If you've seeded and sown with nothing to show, does it really mean that nothing will grow? No, something will sprout when all the lights are out. And then you must shout and let the words out. That the food for the soul is starting to grow.

And when it is given as soon it really will bloom, but don't give too much, Because some may drop and start to rot. Which poison the roots and make your tree mute.

And when a tree can not sing it starts to bring. a bitter taste to your garden . Your eyes will water your stomach will hurt and your heart inside it will harden

It's leaves will turn brown and be a sore to your town and you'll have to chop it down or your face it will frown
Because when the full aren't fulfilled when their cups are running over

Maybe all the drunks in the world really are sober
edit on 25-12-2010 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I do not claim to have proof and I am not trying to convince you. You are free to believe what you want to believe. Why should I try to prove this to you who is a skeptic. I believe I already know how that conversation would go. Any evidence I tried to explain would just sound like more delusions to you and I prefer not to argue or waste my time trying to make you a believer in something unless you wanted to believe. You already stated that you were absolutely positive in your beliefs and I am not saying that I'm absolutely positive a ghost spoke to me but I am saying that is what I believe. So I would ask you to prove or show some evidence why you are so absolutely sure instead

Thank you, Merry Christmas to you also

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

No worries that's fine. No offense intended! I have been a Musician for many years. Not quite 56 years but more than 40! & everything I have written has been from me! And yes it has made me some money! But all me! I wish you well with all your artistic pursuits!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Thank you, I wish you well in your pursuits as well . I took no offense to your opinion or suggestion that it may be entirely in my head but then that would mean that you are also just a figment of my imagination.....LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew

Thank you, I wish you well in your pursuits as well . I took no offense to your opinion or suggestion that it may be entirely in my head but then that would mean that you are also just a figment of my imagination.....LOL

Like your honesty & civility unlike others on this site - Cheers

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I also believe i have a muse drop by on the odd occasion.

I even feel their presence as i write.

The Muse of Greek Mythology

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

In no way did I intend to imply that this is isolated to just musicians and artists. In fact i believe it can happen to anyone. I believe It can and does happen to everyone actually but different and in many ways depending on the individual. It's the voice of God in my opinion.

In fact i did state earlier in the thread something to the effect that the reason I put artists was because thats how it applies to me personally. I couldn't possibly list all the ways in which this voice speaks to us but that I believed it was artist and musicians who try to convey these messages to others the most. To be honest I believe that just by simply saying "I love you" is speaking the word of God. Hearing a dog bark can be the voice of an angel. Smelling a rose can be communication with the divine and sweeping the floor can help clean the whole world depending on what you believe and think during those moments.

And actually I believe that the wind talks, the trees walk, the birds sing the bees cry, the sky flies, the sun dies, the moon blooms, the stars scar and everyday people like you and me speak the words of God without even knowing it and sometimes your hearing it and speaking it at the same time in a conversation We aren't meant to hear it all the time and it's sometimes meant for others ears who might be listening in.

Like have you ever caught just a piece of a conversation when walking by someone and what they said had some significant meaning and symbolism to you and the whole thing was odd timing and gave you a strange or creepy feeling?.

It's just a shame so many people don't even want to try to listen. And if it's the word God that turns people off somehow then feel free to use any label or word you like.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I am God, I say: Keep making tunes, please and thank you.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
I was the kid who went to the 10th grade career fair hoping to meet a poet I could relate to.

Our planet is sick, and it has less to do with the environment and more to do with ho we choose to collectively frame the world. Artists often tap into a more universal frame of reference, and when they do -- it's magic. I have woken from a deep sleep, rolled over, grabbed my guitar and a tape recorder and laid down a whole song -- from start to finish -- in one take. It's not coming from me, and I am amused when people claim it is. It's a friendly kind of amusement though, and I take it as the compliment it is, and move on. The best stuff I have ever written comes in a flash of inspiration. I've written good stuff that came much more slowly, and I appreciate it for what it is, but for me -- I am always looking to get home to THAT place.

Thank you for your post and sharing the song lyrics. I'm glad you mentioned the point regarding the way we frame the world effects the sickness on this planet. I agree with you and that is a key point I was hoping to be able to touch upon in this thread. It reminds me of the theories in the book "The Secret" about the power of thoughts. And also the much older and wiser practices of Zen Buddhism

We can make ourselves sick by thinking negative. Negative thinking causes stress and stress is not being at ease with something. Not being at ease is dis-ease. I believe you can cause illness in yourself from too much stress. Many doctors confirm the ideas that stress can make you worse if you are trying to recover from illness. So stress is like a disease of the mind that spreads to the rest of the body and it's the mind that controls the rest of body.

So for me it makes perfect sense and seems quite obvious that we as the collective mind of the Earth and the Celestial bodies of the Heavens can make the world and the Universe sick by putting bad thoughts out there.and causing more stress in the world.. Warning people about important issues isn't necessarily bad thoughts or a bad thing and we need to continue.to investigate and uncover more truth to protect the future of this planet and humanity.And I was glad to see all the positive, intelligent, well mannered and well informed people here on ATS.

I believe many of us came here and are still here because we care about each other and the planet.
But at what point does conspiracy theories become unhealthy and start to cause the very thing we are trying to stop here on ATS? When is it too much and it begins to breed fear and mistrust.? When does it become so entangled with the enemy that you can't even tell the difference between sides anymore? When does rumor and speculation that is not backed up with evidence become unhealthy for all of us?

What really makes our world sick ? Well wars are obviously not good, probably the abuse of the environment.and it's resources are not good and usually seeing others around us suffering isn't very fun for most people. Probably corrupt governments and religious institutions, other scandals like banking fraud and plots.by Corporations to control people and their minds and covering up and hiding the truth, keeping certain information about history and technology and UFO's a secret. Basically all the things that we discuss here on ATS and are concerned with as conspiracy theorists. But once you have become informed and are able to understand all these negative things that are happening. How do you stay positive any more? How do you help change this all?

I am a definitely in favor of finding and learning the truth and seeking more knowledge about ourselves and the World around us. That is what led me here as I was stumbling through all the information and disinformation. But honestly the more we focus on all that negativity the more that sickness is spreading. The more we focus on the negative in the news and media then the more it gets focused on in the minds of the people and more stress is created. I believe we need to balance.some of that negativity with some positive topics and threads.

So that is basically my purpose here with this thread. I want us to share our ideas and positivity no matter what you believe in or where you believe it comes from. For me spirituality is an important part but it is not my agenda to push God or religion on people. But it is my agenda to push some positivity and encourage you to post something you believe will spread a little positivity. I think sharing personal experiences, poetry and songs is one way. Please start a thread yourself that you believe will spread some positivity and inspiration to others.

Thank You

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

Very nice to finally meet you God.. I wasn't expecting to see you here so soon...woohoo...LOL

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
i like to think of myself as an artist and musician, i make lots of art and play lots of music.
but i totally suck. is this 'divine' inspiration' fussy?
technically i'm good at whatever i try but i'm 100% devoid of imagination. maybe i'm a bad person and his divine'ness doesnt want me to create anythin origional.
ugh... if there is a god, thanks for reminding me of how much i hate him.

I think your creativity and imagination in this post shows you're lying and reveals the truth about your talent.

A good sense of humor and humility ...all attributes of a divine spirit

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deckard666

reply to post by Deckard666

Yes i agree that this is not just something that artists experience. I applies to all us of who are inspired with a passion or a calling to improve ourselves and the world around us.

It could apply to many hobbies and occupations. Such as teaching, preaching, politics, environmental preservation, charity work and a large number of and in fact probably almost all the important work that is being done by our fellow human beings.

I focused on art and music because that is what I personally relate to the most and also it is Artists who most often try to convey these messages to as many people as they can.

Ah no I think I didn't make my position very clear. Sorry. When I said I know what you mean it wasn't because I am "creative" in any form myself. My calling was that to be an information collector and puzzler. Sounds boring but it is fun in a way. You may not be able to put in works how that inspiration works that results in a poem or song lyrics and I cannot explain how the right information comes to me and gets separated from the disinformation but it works and the puzzle comes together (ok that is not totally true ... I could try to explain how it works but nobody would believe it anyway because it is ... THAT kind of straight jacket crazy).

Is there a force that inspires you to produce art? Yes there is. It uses you as it's "tool".
Is the art you produce connected to your personal experiences/knowledge - yes but that's just a "trick" of that force for the real message that it wants to send out. It uses your story to tell it's story woven into it.

And here comes the big question I have for you: Are you aware of the message it wants to send out? Do you see that message in your art and in the art of others maybe?

It is the final piece in my music puzzle: Of how much is the artist himelf aware of the big picture?

It's not only music btw. It is in every novel, comic, movie ... everything is used by that force through it's creative "tools" to send out the same message over and over again in a million different variations. The question is only: Does the "tool" know?

Namaste,

Deckard666

First I believe that your skills as a gatherer of information or "puzzle collector" as you put it. Is in fact an art form of it's own. And actually that has been my form of artistic expression for the past two months or so more than music has been. I too am a puzzle collector. That puzzle collecting and putting all the pieces together is what led me here. I have collected a lot of the pieces of the Conspiracy Theory puzzle starting at

9/11 and government corruption, the Zeitgeist movement, Venus Project, politics and religion, spirituality and new age religions, the monetary system,and the FED, the global elite and Bilderberg group, ,NWO, Rockefellers and Rothschilds, Free Masons and Illuminati, satanic worship and other cults, mind control, subliminal messages, MKUltra and HAARP, world depopulation,and Georgia stones, modern warfare, weather manipulation, history and technology UFO's and aliens, science and Astronomy, The Universe and quantum physics, micro & macro existence, Mathematical ratios and equations, sacred geometry and mandala's, theory of creation and the big bang, Time travel and wormholes, art, cultures, music and quite a bit more

I could could go on and on but I will now try to answer your questions

1:Yes, I do see the messages in my art and others. ...It is the word of God Light Love Life Everything is One
2.The message was follow your heart and do what is right. The Golden Rule and Know Thy Self
3 Please visit my facebook page and you will find that the I have collected some examples of same mediums and forms of art in the other genre's you mentioned such as Movies, books, philospohy, science religion
4. There are not just tools but also weapons and it is your choice as to which one you end up being

I believe this is starting to come full circle. I had experienced an "awakening" many years ago which I can explain in more detail later. I slipped back into denial to save myself from insanity. I recently was again bombarded with the messages from every angle and every word. I followed my instincts and already believing that God existed I set out to prove it. I sort of blindly followed links from youtube chasing a ghost that proved it for me at least. Which eventually led me here. I am now just trying to regain my sanity once again but not reverting back in denial and I want to help do my part in awakening others and also continue to learn and experience what ever it is I am supposed to in this lifetime. Everyday is quite surreal to me now and nothing will ever be the same in my mind.

Trust me I know that all this is not just a coincidence, and I absolutely would believe your story
Why do you think I posted this thread
[
edit on 25-12-2010 by MathiasAndrew because: addendum

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Hi I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I am a musician/poet/songwriter and I believe that much of my inspiration and expressions are coming to me and through me from a higher source other than just my own intellectual mind, my personal experiences and my personal opinions. Most of the art I have created seemed to come to me in a flash of inspiration and kinda just flowed out of me like I wasn't really the one creating it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Ditto, I have had the same experience with my work "flowing" from me in sort of a "stream of consciousness". Very common among poets, writers and songwriters. I began carrying a digital recorder as I could not write and drive at the same time.

As for inspiration, if positive higher sources can influence this, providing the product to you, then it would make sense that any source outside this dimension could provide you with material. I'm talking good and evil here at least what each of us perceive as good and evil. I've read a number of things on this subject through the years. I think it is far more complicated than we imagine if in fact anything like this actually goes on. I'm not certain that it does.

Brain function and potential is not fully understood. What we/you could be experiencing when this flow occurs is something drastically different than what we imagine. The left side of our brains might just be functioning for spurts of time at a higher potential. Perhaps retrieving and processing information in a flash that has been there all along in a way that is new to us. For instance, when I'm "in the zone", whatever comes out as a song never contains information that I did not know prior. Nothing conceptual that I had never experienced before. If words and thoughts were coming out, and after this had completed it's run I had no idea where it came from, well then I might consider there was channeling or the like. Why don't I write in German or Spanish when this is occurring? If I did then I might consider the other possibilities. Just some indication that what was coming out was not contained in me prior. That does not happen.

Am I amazed when a song flies out of me in a couple of minutes? Sure. But realize that I've been at songwriting for half a century. Also consider that there are times when I "grind" when I'm writing. When it takes days or months to fine tune a piece. Sometimes I simply throw work away as it never went anywhere.

I think it's much more likely that when we experience these phenomena, that it is us better reaching our potential. When we work at something in earnest, whether songwriting, poetry, carpentry, accounting, sports or whatever we do we have a far better chance of this "flow" occurring. Consider too that for a songwriter for instance, their background would be filled with listening to other songwriters. A lifetime of accumulated data stored on the subject. It would be very easy to then think that you had an outside source of inspiration. In fact, you did originally but you stored it on your hard drive, your brain. And so when I finish a piece and think "Hey, that sounds like something Paul Simon would write!", there's a good reason for that. I'm certain that Paul Simon has had instances where he realized while writing "Hey, that sounds a lot like the Everly Brothers!" or something along those lines. Or you can imagine when he was writing the Graceland album him thinking "Something African sounding would be nice right now!". Should we think he was influenced from another realm or simply that he had immersed himself in a culture and style and used what he had learned? I think the latter. We build on our experiences, build on what we've been exposed to and by and large build on what we are drawn to. Just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join