It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused WikiLeaker suffering from inhumane treatment in brig, friend says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

were you directing the accusation at me tht im a tool?

If thats the cause If i were you id follow my own advice!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is arguing that Manning doesn't belong in jail. I'm sure that even Manning himself understood that the odds of him ending up behind bars were pretty decent and accepted that possible outcome.

But whether or not he deserves to be in solitary confinement is something that is being rightfully questioned. It's the opinion of most health professionals that extended stay in solitary confinement has long lasting mental health effects which is why it should only be used as a last resort... usually when the inmate is a danger to themselves or others. To do this to someone who not only doesn't fit this criteria but also hasn't even been charged with a crime is pretty absurd.

I'm surprised they haven't simply renamed it to enhanced imprisonment techniques or something. It's worked well in the past when they were mistreating undesirables.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ayoss

Well stated. I give you a star. More if I could.

And you are right, I'm not saying he did something that should be rewarded but we all know how lone violators against the government end up.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Basically we got the wool over the eyes types that say "he gets what ever he deserves because thats how we are brainwashed to think" about anyone who has the guts to act against the machine when others say they will yet do little else.

The we got thinking individuals who can through the smoke & mirrors of the Fedgov and this unique situation. Had this been a Chinaman or a soldier in North Korea the US would be crying "foul"!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join