It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Creature Found in Nelson County

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I don't think it's a possum because it's face is shaped differently (I've seen them possums up close - they eat cat food off my parents back porch!). I really think it's a raccoon (by looking at the paws) with sarcoptic mange. I work at a vet & have seen dogs with this mange & I've seen cases that were so bad that the dogs look like Chupracabras LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
because he said he feared what it was

typical weak human behavior

damn guns ... people feel so powerfull with them .. that they have to shoot anything alive
to demonstrate their superiority .. or have a trophy for their dining room walls

why did he had to shot it ... YOU #$%?@

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I also meant to say that the "creature" may also have a yeast infection of the skin. I see dogs with it a lot here in Georgia (usually it's a result of allergies or mange). The skin looks pigmented & thickened which are signs of a skin disease. I still think it's a raccoon with bad skin. I like raccoons & I've never had a problem with them. I don't understand why people kill things just because they don't know what they are... He said it was the size of a housecat & was just in his yard. I didn't see anything that said the thing tried to attack, so why would you shoot it? I guess I'll never understand people.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
looks like opossum to me

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I thought we cleared this up it's a raccoon with mange ,it's not a possum I'm a possum rehabber and I know a possum when I see one ,just like I know a raccoon when I see one

what I find alarming about this is that so called wildlife experts and vets don't seem to know a raccoon when they see one!! eeesshhh!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

For what its worth - it had been ID'ed as a coon.

'Chupacabra' Actually A Bald Raccoon

Apparently, they think something else other than the mange caused its hair loss though. They want to study to figure out what.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well I don't know much about cryptozoology but I'd have to go with the folks saying that's a bald little animal.Nothing strange about it.It's a shame he got killed.Poor thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Dude got "scared" and killed it? I feel bad for the little critter, but if it was diseased, then it may just be better off not suffering anymore.
(i think it is a coon)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join