It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We the people' to open next Congress - House to read Constitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Source

I find this to be a bit disingenuous considering the GOP has done as much to destroy liberty in this country as their counterparts have. Two peas - same pod. There is no right/left.

Hell, they've blown more smoke up our proverbial backsides than my Christmas turkey will get out on the smoker tomorrow!
edit on 24-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yes, you are right - but if the GOP continues the disastrous parade of tyrannical legislation for the next 2 years, maybe the public will wake up enough to completely abandon the two-party duopoly next time around, voting 3rd party and independents in.

...I can dream, can't I?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

better read the US Constitution and see if they are the same, i have a feeling something is up.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

More smoke and mirrors.

We need the right of recall passed in all states.

We need the fully informed jury law passed in all states.

We need Tenth Amendment Resolutions passed in all states.

If you do not understand what I am talking about check out my post HERE

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

More smoke and mirrors.

We need the right of recall passed in all states.

We need the fully informed jury law passed in all states.

We need Tenth Amendment Resolutions passed in all states.

If you do not understand what I am talking about check out my post HERE

You seem to be of the misconception that rights are granted to us by our Federal and State Constitutions. Nothing could be farther from the truth despite what you've been told/taught.

Our rights are inalienable and the Fed and State Constitutions were instituted to shackle those power hungry bastards that would one day attempt to usurp authority and attempt to enslave us.

That day is here and has been for quite some time.

We have been led down a rabbit trail by those who wish to enslave us and continue down the path we have been shown. Their "authority" may be legal but is most certainly not lawful. Much like those who were involved with setting up the initial Constitutions, sacrifices will need to be made for posterity. Therein lies the rub considering how few these days have the mettle of those who founded this Republic.

The De Jure government is long gone and has been replaced by a De Facto government that operates via color of law and via large numbers of men willing to enforce said "law" with the use of automatic weapons in the hopes that they and their families will eat of the scraps from the table of their masters.

Freedom has always come with a terrible price. Every day you let one semblance of your freedom slip, they are planning on how to eradicate 10 more.

There are those who believe the De Jure government can be restored peacefully but I am not one of them. Once you allow megalomaniacs to believe they are in control and allow them to enforce their believed control via the barrel of a gun.....they will NEVER relinquish that.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. - - George Washington

As soon as we acquiesce that government is our master, we are on the defensive side of a dangerous servant. That has been allowed for a century and must cease or so will any semblance of liberty that our FF sacrificed their all to bestow upon us.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

We the People!

I would actually rather have them read the Declaration.

Wonder where wuk is, he is going to say they are going to round everyone up.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
And for 99% of the room it will be their first time reading it.

It really doesn't matter anymore in my eye's. Either way we will soon enough see the world we have built, it doesn't matter whats been put into place or not.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Interesting. And a critical reminder, methinks.

My sense is that the Bill of Rights and Constitution are on the table in negotiations for the North American Union (NAU). ...One of the main clauses in the NAFTA stipulates that the US, Canada and Mexico must "harmonize" their laws - and the most basic legal differences exist in the US Bill of Rights and Constitution. For example, Canada likely won't embrace either a "Right to Bear Arms" or unfettered "Freedoms of Speech and of the Press." ...Canada already "harmonized" her Copyright legislation to get in line with US law - so what does the US intend to "give up"? If not the Second Amendment, then what, the First Amendment? Or the Fourth?

What's on the table, really? ...That's what I'd like to know. But hey. Global corporations can sit at the table with our government leaders - but - out leaders are not allowed to tell us what's being negotiated for what. NAFTA has a "confidentiality clause" - the SSP and now the NAU are just a continuation of the NAFTA "process" and so, the confidentiality clause applies.

My reading? Get ready to fight for the First.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I may be wrong here, but I think when the next Congress comes to order, we will have a new, de jure Constitutional government.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That would be nice. The de facto has been really pissing me off lately.

I have said several times over the last few months, that something has changed in government circles, at least in the states. Maybe a few of the different contingency plans have made a difference? We shall see.

If things do not change, a reading of the Declaration may be the next step.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I may be wrong here, but I think when the next Congress comes to order, we will have a new, de jure Constitutional government.

I wish that were the case. We have the de facto and will continue to have it until we remedy the situation. I hope to see the de jure seated in my lifetime but am not holding my breath.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is just more lip service to appease duped voters. Hey look Joe they're reading the constitution why they are good guys after all... Sorry congress no sale ACTIONS speak much louder then words. It's all a dog a pony show and they will blame the other side when something doesn't pass and say we tried but you need to vote more of us in. The End the Fed bill is a good example it had nearly 300 sponsors but could not get enough votes.... Lip service indeed.

Congressman to self: Gee if I sponsor the bill but don't vote for it the moron voters will still think I am for it... Sigh!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I wouldn't hold your breath if I were you....

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
any one watching the new 112 congress? my Cspan is not running tried other links, just wondering if any of you know any thing have the read it yet? or are they?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Last they were voting for the Speaker position. Let me see if that is done.

edit to add-I see 20 Democrats did not want to put their name on Nancy Pelosi's side of the gavel. Oh well. I will announce when they are beginning here.
edit on 5-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

thank you, this is some thing we all need to watch, will this "112" hold true to their word?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Alright, I either missed it, or they are not going to do it. I thought it was going to be today.

Sorry if I messed anyone up. I was looking forward to this. Yes, symbolic, but unless one remembers what the basis of our laws are from, we know not where we go.

Going to do some checking.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

if they did they did ,if not well then just more of the same old same old, nothing lost nothing gained. ok after some web digging i found out that it will be read tomorrow thursday the 6th at the first day of the new congress, now wonder people give up the, real important stuff is always buried.

edit on 5-1-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
YES!!! FINALLY!!! These guys have no choice now but to SEE the faults that have occurred to this country for the last who knows how many years!!! CHEERS TO THE ONE MAN GANG>>>>>RON PAUL!!! YOU SORRY A** PUNKS!!! HOW DARE YOU DO TO THE PEOPLE............................................................................................................ sorry I got a bit carried away there guys... hats off to the MAN with the complete plan; open for suggestions as well?! S*** man, how can you go wrong?!

Now my challenge to everyone reading this>>>>>> Write down all the representatives who show up for this ABSOLUTE JUST CAUSE= A step forward in taking back our country and learn once again how to follow the standards and values (CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES, for those of you who are not on cue as to what the O/P was referring to) of this GREAT COUNTRY in which I reside were based on, that somehow got lost along the way. So once again, just keep track of the representatives that attend, I would hope this issue encompasses every single one of them.
edit on 6-1-2011 by believerofgod because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2011 by believerofgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Yes, but will they read the Bill of Rights as well?
Seems to me that is where most of the damage they do these days is done.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join