It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Strange Dream...Looking For Insight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Before I get into the dream I would like to put a few things on the table.

I am epileptic, I don't feel that this really has anything to do with my dream and I have experienced countless seizures while sleeping and I have never had a vision of any sorts when this happens at least not that I can remember.

I also quite frequently experience the "Hag On Chest" phenomena a.k.a. sleep paralysis and while this is quite a terrifying experience I don't believe it is the cause behind my dream.

Finally on the the actual experience.

After falling asleep last night I experienced a sudden and very vivid 'dream' it was extremely short even by dream standards. I was suddenly down in my garage looking at shelves full of things that belong in a garage. I was only there for a short time before a disembodied male voice said 'The secret is, the poisons are still here' immediately after the statement, I was awake in my bed. While in this dream state I was conscious that I was dreaming, not lucid dreaming conscious but the strange form of consciousness that comes with sleep paralysis. I could feel myself in bed, but I was in the garage??

Once I was truly back in bed I sat up, at this time the world was spinning and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. I felt scared and curious and remembered very clearly the detailed 'dream' I just had.I didn't act on anything but decided to go back to sleep. There were no more strange dreams or anything just good old fashioned sleep.

I am hoping maybe someone could point me in the right direction as to getting answers from this dream. From my perspective I feel like I shouldn't just let this go and I want to find some answers. I have researched lucid dreaming and astral projection but never tried to experience them myself. I'm wondering if maybe I was lucid dreaming or astral projecting without even consciously trying. Hag on Chest also is frequently associated with strange visions but like I said this didn't feel like sleep paralysis. If someone could give me insight and advice on the subject I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance to anyone that responds. Take care everyone and Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You just had an Out of Body Experience. Hooray for you! Next time, loosen up a little bit.

Astral projection is something to be enjoyed, not feared.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I know what ya mean, you could feel yourself in your bed but your conciousness and vision were in the garage. I find that usually those short messages actually have something to do with me personally. Maybe there is something in your life that you felt you had gotten over, or overcome, or transcended, or made peace with lately? Now the voice is saying "The truth is, the poison is still there." Maybe you didn't get rid of the problem and it stays with you like a poison?

I would take it with a grain of salt but it can be used to motivate you to do things you need to do personally.

Sure oftentimes that voice, that one sentence that happens in between sleep and awake is gibberish and means nothing. But if you feel it is important then I would trust what you feel. I'm sure it's not the first time you've had things like this happen as you have had SP before (not to take away but yes it is a form of SP what happened here, it IS more spiritual than normal SP if I may speak freely), so you have your own experience to go off of and compare it with.

But basically yeah, I would look internally first. Sure everything is connected, but usually the subconcious is dealing with you.

Just some advice and thoughts.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses.

So out of body experience.
Quite startling but very interesting.

Could this possibly mean my body is in tune for astral projection and lucid dreaming? I've always wished I could lucid dream but tried to no avail. Maybe this is the boost of confidence I need??

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fasteronfire

Take it slow!

If you enter sleep paralysis a lot, it shouldn't be too hard for you to lay on your back before you go to sleep and keep your mind awake. Sounds like you already do that subconsciously.

I would recommend trying to lucid dream first, but only after you feel you're ready and studied on it.

Also, the message of your dream was kind of weird, may be subconscious trying to tell you something like the poster above me said.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm curious concerning your garage. What do you do in your garage? Do you have chemicals in your garage?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fasteronfire

Apologies for the above. I take issue with the descriptor "EXTREME", but can't deny that terms and conditions were broken.

A current theory of mine supposes that ALL dreams are "out of body experiences". That dreams take place in "channels", each one a realm with laws and physics of its own, and possibly also accommodating other sentient beings. Including but not limited to other people in the world who are also dreaming.

I still refer to experiences I have between my "waking" hours as "dreams" - for lack of a better term - but I also think there is a high probability that some of the data I "receive" while I sleep comes from "external" sources.

I believe that sleep paralysis is a very real physical/medical condition. I also believe that it's a side-effect of the mind being temporarily "disconnected" from the body, something that can't effectively be charted by modern medicine.
edit on 12/27/2010 by Teratoma because: punctuation/emphasis

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Sounds interesting but I'm not following how people are immediately connecting this to astral projection or out of body experience.. I mean, if this kind of stuff relates to AP and OBE then I've been having these kind of dreams pretty much my entire life.. I'm sort of wondering what's up with "poison in the garage" myself - this has to mean something; whether it's a message from yourself or somewhere else, it seems pretty odd.

Poison Dream Meaning

Psychological Meaning: If you dream of consuming something poisonous this may indicate that you are introducing something into yourself that is harmful to your well being. This may be bad feelings or bitterness on your part. Similarly, the poison could represent the underhand actions by others or a fear of being the target of innuendo.

Mystical Meaning: As you would expect, superstition says that dreaming of poison indicates that you will suffer because of the wrongdoing of others.

Dreams about Poison
edit on 3-1-2011 by Time2Think because: added more info

new topics

top topics

join