It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton Wants ‘Spoils’ Redistribution Based On Black Populations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This video as presented is heavily edited. Who knows what really was said and in what context. The website this is originally from is a very very right wing leaning website called The Blaze.

The Blaze is a news, information and opinion site brought to you by Glenn Beck and a dedicated team of writers, journalists & video producers.

Our goal is to post, report and analyze stories of interest on a wide range of topics from politics and culture to faith and family.

www.theblaze.com...

Glenn Beck, figures.

Without the original unedited video I can't be sure what is actually being said in it. It's heavily edited and large portions may be left out on purpose to make people believe this is something that it might not be.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I do not know much about this entire spoils redistribution, but I am in favor of anything in the form of restitution that might make up for 350-400 years of free labor to build the country which many would like to deny and forget ever happened, sort of like an abuser of a young child that would hope that when the child grows up, he would never tell or confront the abuser, this is the same type of thing that that happened even though we all know the situation was much more complex, the entire act of enslavement in America can be summed up as abuse and disregard for humanity solely for economic gain without having to answer to anyone or without the obligation of having to every repay or give restitution for this labor , I am for anything that might wake up people that do not understand what this is all about, I bet some do not even know of the daily horrors that were taking place even during the construction of our own U.S. Capitol ironically the setting for the passage of the 13th amendment and many other legislation and laws pertaining to civil rights.

Many large corporations and in turn banks that started in the south were enriching themselves, their own families and communities from these profits and fueling the economy, imagine if all of our labor was free today.... Most of their profits and gains were made at the expense of the blood sweat and tears of free slave labor, the speech by slave owner Willie Lynch in 1712 might be start for those that are uninformed and may wish to put some honest thought into understanding the generational psychology of racism and slavery as it still applies to many of the problems we see today....insight may be gained to examine the fact that many things may have been done to grant freedom in writing and passage of laws, but that means nothing if institutionalized, stealth racist foundation and ideology are still pervasive in America today which they are, I am one the really thinks that laws do not change how people think nor do they alter the way those who choose to circumvent them and continue to do as they wish operate..

I am not an Al Sharpton band wagoneer but I do not think he is doing anything or saying what he says to enrich himself...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I think sharpton's past pretty much speaks for itself.....

2nd line

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Except this thread isn't about Sharpton's history, it's about this video, and this video is edited, and therefore cannot be trusted unless someone can find an unedited copy.

Has everyone forgotten the embarrassment of Breitbart and editing a video to say one thing when it turned out to say something completely different?

How do we know that Glenn Beck didn't do the same thing here? Without the original video, we can never be sure what was really said.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Gawd, Al is at it again.
Why not just give him what he wants so that he'll go away?
Just let me know before they cut the check, I'd like to invest on grape soda and cheetos.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Just let me know before they cut the check, I'd like to invest on grape soda and cheetos.

And what exactly is that supposed to mean?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The problem with reparations is the young blacks of today were not slaves, and should not get some benefit because someone down their family tree was. This would also say that poor whites should get "free money" if they have a slave owner in the family tree, because they should get some of the profit too. And then, during slave times, there were many free blacks, and even black slave owners. And then many blacks migrated here after slavery. I think if slave decendents feel they are "owed" something, then they need to take this to the black slavers in Africa.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Al really needs to go get a job. And stop leaching off of his own people.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It’s not racism necessarily that the OP is uttering but indeed it is ignorant.
There is no proof that Al Sharpton and those like him cause inner city ghettoes.
Though there is proof that it is historical institutional racism that causes inner city blight.

The fact that slavery and Jim Crow racism are in the past doesn’t mean that modern conditions of some communities of black people are not still effected by that historical oppression.

Many studies have proven this fact.

Sharpton and his philosophy doesn’t cause ghettoes.

Only people who don’t live in the inner city, or rarely go there could believe such nonesense, or they have another agenda called RACISM!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

While I would not say that Al is the reason there are ghettoes, I would say that Al, and those of his ilk are being used to continually perpetuate division between black and white, black and black, and white and white.

And if some in the black community are still being "affected" by " that historical oppression", it's because TPTB want it that way. And they use their little mouth pieces to keep it stirred up. If you want to call that institutionalized racism, so be it. I'll go for that.

I won't argue that racism is alive and well in this country. But most of it is perpetuated by the mainstream. And people still haven't figured out that it's a divide and conquer tactic. And it works. This thread is one evidence of that among many others.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Landru

Back when I was working at a major defense contractor - 20 years ago - I think I remember them getting a tax break if they subcontracted out to minority or women owned business'. (I could be wrong .. but I think I remember that). But you are right .. it certainly wasn't a 'black only' thing. Now I'm wondering if the defense contractor got those tax breaks for using lesser quality goods .... hmmmm.

Originally posted by inforeal
It’s not racism necessarily that the OP is uttering but indeed it is ignorant.

Show me exactly where what I said was 'ignorant'?

There is no proof that Al Sharpton and those like him cause inner city ghettoes.

I never said he did. But now that you bring it up .... his push for perpetual victimhood and demands for free entitlements doesnt' exactly empower people or help them to be able to be self sufficient at all .. does it?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Where as I agree that slavery is a mark on the past, however, the question as asked by another poster, where is the full unedited version of the video tape, as there needs to be the full context of what the man is stating. But however, being that this is Al Sharpton, and his past record is that of a very bigoted and racially motivated rhetoric, the call of reparations should not be surprising or a shock to anyone. The question is does he really believe that the people or even the majority of the country is going to listen to him, or even be willing to give what he states any real consideration if he keeps bringing the past to light and not letting the wounds heal from that time frame? We believe in equal justice, that should be the goal. The actual days of slavery or even those who were affected by such are long gone. None of the people today are directly affected by slavery, and yet they cling to the past. There can not be a repayment for anything, when the reality is that those who would seek to benefit are not really entitled to such in the first place. Slavery ended with the civil war, and numerous attempts have been made to right the wrongs that have occurred during that time from, from the different laws that prevent discrimination, to the various federal laws that would demand that a part of the work force include minorities, all aimed at making the field equal. There are many programs that are designed to help minorities that are out there, and this would be another pointless excuse to waste money. I do believe that there should be equal opportunity, for everyone in the country, but far to often, the chips are stacked against those who are not minorities, and they have to work harder, but then again, they work harder and get ahead. I am surprised that the Rev. Sharpton did not just come out and say, we need to work harder, show our skills and build this country together, rather than getting part of the spoils of war. He seems to fail to mention that ultimately the communities need to make changes for the better, and to take strides to ensure that their children do well in schools, to exceed and get into college and start to show that this is their time to shine. Today there has never been a greater opportunity to excel, or achieve, so the question would be why have they not? Is the past such a millstone around one group of people who were never really affected by the events that they claim affects them, and use it as an excuse not to excel? Do they not have political power to make changes, do they not decide where to live and band together, so why can’t change start in the very place where this seems to get started in the home?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Without real or imagined racial oppression, Al Sharpton would be out of a race hussling (aka community organizer) job.

He is responsible for the murder of a Jewish scholar in Crown Heights when he took his race hate baiting a tad too far with his Jew hating Nation of Islam crew and led a mob of black racists to murder. Then there was the lying Tanya Brawney (sp?) case where he stirred of race hate and threats towards an innocent white cop and hurt him badly. The "Reverend" Al is has devolved into the boogieman racist and racial discriminator he hates. There is power and money in organized race hate.

If you ever see him and his clowns coming towards you in a race frenzy be ready. Lock and load. He is as dangerous as the Klan he replaced in this post segregation era.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
This video as presented is heavily edited. Who knows what really was said and in what context. The website this is originally from is a very very right wing leaning website called The Blaze.

The Blaze is a news, information and opinion site brought to you by Glenn Beck and a dedicated team of writers, journalists & video producers.

Our goal is to post, report and analyze stories of interest on a wide range of topics from politics and culture to faith and family.

www.theblaze.com...

Glenn Beck, figures.

Without the original unedited video I can't be sure what is actually being said in it. It's heavily edited and large portions may be left out on purpose to make people believe this is something that it might not be.

Oh, believe me. There are COUNTLESS videos on the net and on youtube of that racist Sharpton saying the very same thing.

He's a race baiter, that's how he makes his living.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I actually agree with much of you write. . . . And think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are government sponsored not only to cause division, but to marginalize and control black protest.

Here are the words of a 19th century commentator on the folly of racial strife in America and who it benefits.

"You are deceived and blinded that you may not see how this race antagonism perpetuates a monetary system which beggars both," Tom Watson wrote in 1892.
"You are made to hate each other because upon that hatred is rested the keystone of the arch of financial despotism which enslaves you both," Watson noted. "You are kept apart that you may be separately fleeced of your earnings."

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm sorry, noone alive today is entitled to reparations, NOONE. The ONLY ones that should be entitled, are the former slaves, and unless they found a way to cheat death, theyre all gone.
To say theyre entiled to reparations because of their ancestors were former slaves, is like saying every Jewish family of German descent is entitled to reparations from the German govt due to the Holocaust

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
How about retribution based on how well the africans who were not enslaved are doing in their own land.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The problem with the entire concept of reparations is that it opens up a can of worms that no one really wants to deal with or is prepared for. Oh it starts off with one group, getting some form of repayment, but where does it end or stop? There are a number of people and groups, descendents and alive today that all would have a legitimate claim against any number of groups and governments for past hurts and each would use the law to their advantage. So that means those who have not received any reparation could make a claim and demand some sort of money for the past. So while the African Americans could make a claim, then another group could make a claim against them, say the people of the south or their descendents, who never owned slaves, against that for property lost and damaged, or the death of loved ones during the entire civil war. Descendents of the different groups who were arrested, detained or discriminated against during or after any of the numerous armed conflicts could make an equal claim and be entitled to such. Better to leave well enough alone, lest we all end up with a larger problem in the long run. If it is the result of actions today, or people who experienced such first hand, and there are no corrections or admitting of wrong doing, then yes, but in this case, no.
The last group that made such a claim and were entitled to it, were the Japanese Americans who were interred in the camps during World War II and it was only those who were interred, not their descendents.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

In-fact, Germany did give reparations to Jews and Israel, as well as the US gave reparations to the Japanese they imprisoned during World War II

www.ihr.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.democracynow.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Reparations have already been made. They were made when the greatest nation on earth brought them out of what is now a hell hole.

They were made when brother fought against brother and shed one anothers blood in a quest for freedom.

They were made when the freed man was given the right to vote, own land, and live in a free world.

They were made when they were given the opportunity to succeed the same or better than the white man.

Now the funny thing is the white race is quickly becoming a minority. [world wide they have ALWAYS been a minority.] What will be done when the white minority asks for the same compensations through affirmative action.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join