It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father kills daughter after learning al-Qaida recruited her as suicide bomber

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This was a tough call to make for this father. At first, I was thinking he should have notified the authorities, but then I thought about how brutal and corrupt they are. The father is probably more aware of that than any of us, and maybe he thought by taking care of the problem himself it would have been more merciful to the daughter and his family. I know that is warped way of looking at the scenario, but whoever said life in Iraq is normal at the moment? To raise a child in that environment, it takes a lot of love and sacrifice. To make a decision like that, with those feelings involved; it must have been heart wrenching for him. Under normal circumstances she should have been turned over to the authorities.

In Iraq, trust is a hard thing to come by. She could have been raped, tortured during interrogation, and may never have made it to trial. To make things more difficult, the father could have been taken into custody under suspicions of terrorism as well. He could very well have been interrogated under harsh conditions and deposited in the desert at some time. What good is he for the rest of the family if he is under indefinite confinement or is executed. We value law and order here, but in Iraq there is only the law of the jungle. Moreover, there are terrorists attacks daily, and the police could very well over reacted to the father and the daughter in the event it was discovered. It was a tough call, and I am in the gray area on this one.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Under Shariah (sp?) Law he can and will get away with it.
Did he do the right thing? By western standards, heck no! By his cultural standards, probably.

This is why Shariah can not and will not be allowed in the US. It is the antithesis of our Constitutional government.

2 cents.

Sharia law is ONLY applicable to muslims . Non muslims ARE NOT subject to sharia law. Thus you have nothing to worry about..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

No charges have been filed.... yet.

What do you believe the punishment should be?
Should be praised?
Should he have turned her over to local police for interrogation?
Would it have matter?
Will this be handled through their courts without any US intervention?
Should they "go easy" on him?

edit on 24-12-2010 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

What a narcissist.

I suppose he wanted to be the only famous murderer in the family.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
This is a complicated matter. By killing his own daughter he saves hundreds of lives (maybe) But the act was not persuaded yet, meaning she might of not of gone through with it, and he killed his daughter for no reason. I am not sure what to say about this. It is his daughter. But she was massively corrupted? This is going to be a great discussion! BTW Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

im sure she just had a lover ....and thats reason enough to kill her...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Sharia Law may only apply to muslims, but if they break laws in the U.S. I doubt that it would hold up in any US court.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog

Originally posted by Maddogkull

im sure she just had a lover ....and thats reason enough to kill her...

exactly my thoughts!

Al-CIAda was just a lame excuse.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Under Shariah (sp?) Law he can and will get away with it.
Did he do the right thing? By western standards, heck no! By his cultural standards, probably.
I'm not sure if he'll get away with it or not, but Sharia law is undoubtedly different than Western law.

This is why Shariah can not and will not be allowed in the US. It is the antithesis of our Constitutional government.
I don't know about antithesis, but it certainly has many conflicts with western law and can't be allowed to supercede the prevailing law of the country.

I welcome Muslims who follow the laws in the countries they choose to live in, but I don't welcome anybody of any faith who thinks they don't have to abide by the country's laws and instead want to abide by some religious laws instead which differ. That's not right.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Oh goodness no. It was an attempt at sarcasm - and maybe a poor one since it obviously didn't come across to well.

From time to time here on ATS there are threads where something horrible (like an "honor killing") happens. Often those cases are more or less defended by saying we should condemn it.

So, my post was an attempt to say "I wonder if those who say we should look the other way to honor killings will say we should look the other way to this too?"

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
A murderer is caught and we instantly believe his story?
What about the girl's story?
Oh, that's right, we can't hear it because her father murdered her.

Of course he was going to give American troops the excuse they were most likely to accept.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, at least he saved some lives by doing so.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Ooozyism.. Oozy? Oozzy? Oozy? no? Silence... Hrmm.

Banned.

This is off-topic but why was Oozy banned, and for how long?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Lol, I see Frogs. Thanks for clarifying. Gotcha.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Expat888

Sharia Law may only apply to muslims, but if they break laws in the U.S. I doubt that it would hold up in any US court.

In the u.s he would stand trial in a regular court - same as anyone who broke law there.
When people are in foriegn countries theyre subject to the laws of the country theyre in. In western countries it would be in that countries court. In islamic countries they have two courts - sharia which is for muslims
- and a separate court for non-muslims.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't think he will be charged at all. I say this because when I was on tour doing a foot patrol, some dude threw this women dead out on the street next to his trash can's. when we got the terp over we found out that it was his wife. we called the local police and found out that according to him the reason he killed her was that she talked back. The police told us that this is normal and there isn't any thing they can get him with. so his own kid? they are going to give him an award lol.. just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

He should have turned her over to police.

Killing her was an extreme, inexcusable crime. She may have already decided her own fate but he could have saved her by reporting her.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We should be more concerned about our own legal system in the U.S and not the manufactured "threat" of sharia law.

I see that some people are so scared in the U.S that they come up with ways to ban sharia law. They're falling into the fear trap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join