It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists may poison the food supply (but the food companies already have)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
With all of the Homeland Terror hype about food terrorism designed to help the Department of Homeland Security and associated agencys get what they want to scare the hell out of the average citizen, many should place their focus on what the food companys use to poison citizens now. Many ingredients are very harmful currently especially to pregnant women and children. Do the food companys care at all? Obviously not because they do not change what they are adding to food stuffs in order to prolong shelf life & improve the taste. First it was the milk scare by citing steroids given to dairy cattle which still is the case. The with the trend towards stopping terror now its the food supply. The Food & Drug Administration is in bed with many food companys and dairy producers so they offer little to no relief from proven harmful ingredients. Many CEOs from Monsanto, ADM and other food companys simply refuse to take a closer look at their products and all but snub the FDA with little public pressure due to politics as usual. If the FDA actually did it's job it is estimated by many medical doctors that the average citizen could benefit by eating healthier foods which could prolong life.

Always on the terror streak, the mainstream media is now warning Americans that terrorists may strike the food supply by dumping poison into restaurant salad bars and buffets, for example. CBS News broke the story, quoting anonymous “intelligence” sources who insist that terrorists might use ricin or cyanide to poison foods in salad bars.

I have news for CBS, the federal government, and the terrorists: If you really want to poison the U.S. food supply, just use aspartame. It causes neurological disorders and yet remains perfectly legal to dump into foods such as diet sodas and children’s medicines. You don’t even have to dump it into the food supply in secret, either: You can do it right out in full view of the public. Heck, you can even list this chemical right on the ingredients label!

Natural News

Also with Monsanto acting like "seed terrorist" by blackballing farmers who do not use Monsanto's own genetically engineered seed strains before too long there will no heirloom variety of any fruit, veggies or other crops. Monsanto has literally bribed it's way into being a monopoly in the seed industry by paying off the Agriculture Commissioner via very large donations to such individuals in several states during their campaigns. This has amounted to Monsanto being able to control the thousands of seed & feed stores and other seed outlets around the nation.

What is even more disturbing is that Monsanto has approached the FedGov with the idea of altering certain plants by placing organic based medicines into them for third world countrys. It is rumored that some drug companys have warmed up to the idea and have begun developing strains of medicines for testing. The other implications are warfare based additives to plants and seeds which of course has it's own unique and troubling aspects.

Confidential contracts detailing Monsanto Co.'s business practices reveal how the world's biggest seed developer is squeezing competitors, controlling smaller seed companies and protecting its dominance over the multibillion-dollar market for genetically altered crops, an Associated Press investigation has found.

With Monsanto's patented genes being inserted into roughly 95 percent of all soybeans and 80 percent of all corn grown in the U.S., the company also is using its wide reach to control the ability of new biotech firms to get wide distribution for their products, according to a review of several Monsanto licensing agreements and dozens of interviews with seed industry participants, agriculture and legal experts.

Declining competition in the seed business could lead to price hikes that ripple out to every family's dinner table. That's because the corn flakes you had for breakfast, soda you drank at lunch and beef stew you ate for dinner likely were produced from crops grown with Monsanto's patented genes.
Rest of article & source
edit on 12/24/2010 by mikelee because: add content

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

This is more smoke and mirrors for the general public. The same people that refuse to believe they are purposely poisoning us are probably the same people who still believe that Bin Laden did 911. The sick thing is that they will promote their poison and claim health benefits from using it.

I have known since I was a child that most foods are not good for you and if you want to live a long healthy life to stay away from it thanks to my father. But there are many people happily sipping on their diet soda, sugar free candy, powdered iced tea... these are just a few of the treats they put aspartame in which is one of the many chemicals they use to poison us.

Some others are... fluoride in the water, mono sodium glutamate in processed foods, steroids and antibiotics in our dairy... list goes on for ever.

It really ticks me off that they have the nerve to claim there are threats to poison our food by "terrorists" yet the people who are here to look after us have been doing it for ages. I thank you for posting this. Regrettably the non believers will look at us like we are tin foil hat wearing freaks if we try to open their eyes. I have tried many times to explain the dangers of foods, pharmaceuticals, and vaccinations with well thought out explanations and sources to help back up my claims only to get the evil eye and get laughed at (while they are sipping on a diet soda, and eating a bag of potato chips, and on the way to get their swine flu shot).

Good thread OP, too bad the people who need to see this stuff are reading the news from CNN or FOX instead of reading between the lines and getting a different view of things.

Happy Holidays!!
edit on 24-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: gramar

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Good thoughts. Merry Christmas to you also & Happy New Year!....Stay safe.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Speaking of terrorists...guess who got at the water supplies? halliburton. I've not researched this, and my only source is a distant relative. I mentioned that the news is doing a city by city rollout explaining that their water has hexavalent chromium in it. They don't mention, on the local newscasts, that it is happening all over the country. Rather, they explain that '(enter your town) and the surrounding area' has high levels of the erin brockavich chems in it and no one knows where it came from.

He said that it is because halliburton was awarded a contract to practice fracking to get at natural gas. Now I don't know how this translates in to the poison being in the water, per se. It simply makes it cheaper to get the gas, at the expense of everyone getting poisoned. He seemed rather certain that this is the cause. Naturally, the millionaire talking heads (I mean the news casters, who are as rich as the pols are) are dumb as to why our water is now poison.

Good job, ptb.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I was thinking the exact same thing when the original post was made about terrorists poisoning the food supply!

There is no way terrorists could match the devestating effect food companies have on food already...

I mean for this, instead of flight school, they would need to goto GMO school and learn how to make GMO crops, etc.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

The next major world conflict will be over water. Many years ago someone I used to communicate with while in civil service told that the "next world war will be over water". That was around 1989. I have believed that ever since. Many local regions have already begun to argue in court over water rights and such. I bought some land out in Colorado and it came with water rights as well as several springs. I had very righteous offers for those rights which I did not sell, but I was surprised over that and did research as to why. Seems my old friend knew what he was talking about.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Heck, we already have "terrorists" working on it. Monsanto!

It is rumored that Monsanto employs former Columbian scientists who used to work for the drug cartels because those cartels paid better than the main stream institutions. Now imagine if those scientists went back to working for bad folk and took the knowledge of how to modify and who knows what else to the seeds!.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The terrorists whom intention is to kill specific targets, would NEVER poison food or water supply, for it would mean killing themselves even before accomplishing their missions while treatment is made avaliable. Even the most dumbstruck terrorist who suggest such an idea would be slapped hard for even opening his mouth over this matter.

Their targets are specific, and those targets lived side by side with us. Killing the specific targets using water and food supply means killing even those that supported them, and the backlash would be terrible. Even the most dumb terrorist leader would know that.

The only REAL terrorist that would do such a thing are those who wants the majority of the population poisoned, while they, with their riches, can ensure they and their kind remain safe
edit on 24-12-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

A guy was installing some lines in our area. He said his grandfather told him that we will run out of fresh water before we run out of oil. Remember that guy in '6 feet under', the one who was storing water under the house all the time? I know how silly it looks. But it is the easiest thing in the world to poison water. It's just like a turd in a punch bowl, touches everything in it. I am guessing that fracking explodes the water tables, and like a nuclear test bomb that drifts it's contamination silently through the air, perhaps the fracking simply puts a turd in everyone's drinking source. The stuff is showing up far and wide, even i places where no gas exploration is done. I guess the media is telling us about is such as to improve soro's positions in commodities and technologies for water purification. And, to prep us for sickness. It works better when they scare us. Remember aids™? There are still people who fall for it.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

A radical individual certainly has the potential to do such a thing without any regard for him or herself. It is not comforting to think nor should anyone do so, to take solice that terrorists have a conscience and would stoop to anything to fulfill their agenda. That thinking goes against what a terrorists is and does. Which is based in creating disruption, instill uncertainty and fear in the targets they select for whatever reason. If their were any "professional terrorists" who operated by a game book then perhaps we could rest some what easy that they would poison the water supply's. But they do not and we shouldn't rest on this issue.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Okay with all the persisting stories on poisoned food I have to ask, when does the dying start?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

There is a book called GREMS, it is a detail account of this very subject, but the history in the book about tainting food, and other matter started in calif. in the 70's. find a copy and read it its an eye opener and they did nothing to protect us, tylenol come to mind. It gives names.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mikelee

I am reviving this thread, with current and relevant information:

news.yahoo.com...
BOTTLED VODKA IN BRITAIN DELIBERATELY REPLACED WITH ANTI-FREEZE
"Thousands of tampered vodka bottles have been uncovered after several British citizens suffered seizures in the past few weeks. The culprit? Samples from the bogus bottles found that the clear liquid was replaced with large amounts of isopropanol, an ingredient found in antifreeze.

"While the inferior alcohol found in motor fluid might provide a bit of a buzz, it’s extremely dangerous to consume.

"A raid on an illegal factory Derbyshire revealed 20,000 empty bottles as well as empty cans of antifreeze, according to The Independent. But many bottles are already on the shelves disguised as popular brands like Smirnoff, Glen's, and Kommissar. As many as 166 bottles purporting to be these trusted retailers were pulled out of three shops across Luton, a town 30 miles outside of London."

(NOTE: Once again, we spend too much time turning over rocks looking for foreign terrorists, when "disgruntled domestic terrorists" are causing the most harm and deaths. This remains a non-story in the U.S., where deliberate poisonings are offset by lightning-fast detection and (usually) arrests, all to protect Corporations and their bottom line. Like car recalls, no one does anything until the deaths and lawsuits start.)

new topics

top topics

join