It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot punished for posting airport security flaws video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Pilot punished for posting airport security flaws video

www.usatoday.com

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — An airline pilot is being disciplined by the Transportation Security Administration for posting video on YouTube pointing out what he believes are serious flaws in airport security.

The 50-year-old pilot, who lives outside Sacramento, asked that neither he nor his airline be identified. He has worked for the airline for more than a decade and was deputized by the TSA to carry a gun in the cockpit.

He is also a helicopter test pilot in the Army Reserve and flew missions f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
He shot and posted youtube videos showing that the TSA searching flight crews, but ground personal was able to swipe a card to access aircraft without any kind of search required. It shows that these procedures are not for protecting us all, but are just for show, and for us to conform to authority.

This is typical here in the US, if you speak out you will be corrected for it. Sad days indeed.

After having any box cutters, or nail clippers or any other possible weapons removed once threw the checkpoints there hanging on the wall is a fireman's ax for anyone to grab.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-12-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Sad day it is.. With all of the crap TSA is putting us through... Now we have a pilot posting the security flaws on youtube for anyone to see..

Now.. If this guy had exhausted ALL options, as far as informing his superiors of all of these flaws. I didn't read anything stating that he did this because they refused to act on his warning and or thoughts..

Looks more like a pilot saying "THIS ISN'T FAIR".. "We get searched to nausea and look at all of these guys able to walk around freely."

So he posts these flaws on the web?? really? True Irony will be when a bomb makes it's way onto his flight through the very holes he pointed out.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I just saw this on CNN.

So let me see if I have this straight. In spite of the whistleblower laws, concern over holiday terrorism and the shoddy excuse for stormtroopers we have down at the TSA, when a trusted pilot goes above and beyond to expose things for how they really are, he gets kicked in the face?

What a travesty.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The speech police strikes again...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This needs to be seen and heard everywhere. Which one of the Bill of Rights was NOT violated? Took his legally owned firearm when no laws were broken (2nd), Searched his house without probable cause (4th), And of course the 1st, which is increasingly being ignored by these unconstitutional government entities. Maybe pilots should strike.
My real question is, What can we do about it? Apparently nothing, as this American citizen found out.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hero Protagonist

Boy, I wish people were not so ignorant of facts before they post.

He broke TSA rules. His firearm permit was not a normal permit. This is part of the federal firearm for pilots program.

So, exactly like a police officer.. When they are suspended, their police issue firearm is held.

So... in short.. Go to the cupboard, get a bowl, and fill it with some knowledge before you try and take a bite!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here is more plus video of this story:

The airline pilot who was reprimanded by the TSA for posting videos showing security flaws at a major airport is speaking out exclusively for the first time, saying that it was the "fallacy of the system" that inspired him to take this action.

Pilot Hasseled by TSA......

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Instead of grabbing your drama bullhorn and shouting out at TPTB !

"What Bill of right was NOT violated?" lets see.. How about ALL of them...

Lets look at what TSA rules/laws he broke?

He violated regulations concerning disclosure of sensitive security information.. This is like signing a contract.. he was legally bound to follow the rules.. He has the same right as any american citizen..If he did not like the rules.. Work to change them, or quit. Do not take a stand that puts others at risk!

The gun was issued to him by the feds pursuant to his status as an FDO, so they’re required to take it back when an investigation is pending.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

I stand corrected. Federally issued. O.K. I get that. The article says he may have (may have) violated TSA rules. My point is the TSA pulled some Gestapo tactics here. I personally don't like it. If things keep going unchecked, where are we headed? Many people are not paying attention to these tactics because it does not affect them (they don't fly). But what happens when the TSA decides they have authority over all transportation? This was retaliatory. Aren't whistleblower laws still in effect? Or do they not apply to these unconstitutional government entities?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Why do you keep missing the fact that he is under investigation for breaking a TSA rule??

Whistle blowers of any form would face legal issues if they broke laws while "whistle blowing"

Nobody is questioning him taking issue with security concerns. The only issue I see, is him posting these security flaws on youtube for everyone to see.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Did he break a law or a rule? And yes that is the issue. He posted flaws in the system. Hence the retaliatory actions taken by the TSA.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Here is what I can add..

If I were the manager of a store, and an employee walked around with a video camera and pointed out our security flaws and then put them on youtube. I would fire that employee immediatly, and then, if a thief was arrested exploiting security flaws that the employee posted on youtube, I would throw around the idea of prosecuting the former employee as an accomplice.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Well, you are, in my opinion, correct on a surface level here. The pilot *might* have broken TSA regulations and yes, your analogy is fitting.

My issue comes with the following steps taken:

1) 4 air marshals dispatched to his home when a simple call to come into the office for a discussion would have sufficed.

2) His state issued concealed carry permit was suspended and confiscated by the sherrif. Why?

Now, I would also be very interested in knowing if he did anything via the standard channels. Did he raise a complaint that ground crews were not secured? Or did he go straight to YouTube. See, while I have no particular quams with what he did, if he didn't play the game, he is a fool for thinking he would get results.

Course this goes to the second rule I follow personally... "You can do anything you want as long as you are willing to accept the consequences of your actions."

top topics

join