It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of canadian teens think america is evil

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well I must say that this has been a very interesting thread. I don't think the citizens of the U.S. are evil. However, I do think that your present admin is bringing the world to the brink of war. When's it going to stop? The military heathens will find a new war after this one because they won't want to lose all the funding they got with the Bush Admin.

We own the NHL and most of the popular actors are Canadian. A lot of your doctors are Canadian since we produce some of the best in the world. The differences between our countries are big. We have just as many guns per capita as the U.S. but have 1/10th the gun related deaths. We strive to learn about other nations in school. We try to leave other countries to govern themselves instead of always trying to bend them to our will. We respect others and their cultures and try to understand them.

The problems I've had with Americans that I've met are:

1)Ignorance of everything not related to the U.S.
2)the hollier than now attitude
3)lack of respect for people that don't agree with your views

I could go on and on. ANd by the way I have been everywhere in the U.S. and the rest of the world. When I travelled through Europe with my friends we met up with Americans and hung out. When we would me locals the Americans would say they were Canadian because prior to meeting up with us they said that nobody would talk to them when they said they were Americans.

As for us needing you, I would offer that you need us more than we need you. In B.C. we export roughly 80% of our electricity to California, Oregon, Washington. The U.S. imports 20% of it's total oil from Canada. Softwood lumber when you guys aren't screwing us and so on.

Hypothetically we could put your economy into a tail spin if we started treating you like you treat us. We are still your allies even though we didn't go to Iraq. We did not believe that Saddam posed a serious threat and were unconfortable with the idea of a preemptive strike on flimsy evidence. If Bush prepared a criminal court case the same way he prepared his case for Iraq he would have been laughed out of the courtroom.

By the way B.C. bud is some of the best in the world and believe me I'm an expert. The B.C. bud industry is estimated at around $6.5 billion/year. It's technically our biggest industry.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by DEEZNUTZ]

[edit on 7-7-2004 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
By the way B.C. bud is some of the best in the world and believe me I'm an expert. The B.C. bud industry is estimated at around $6.5 billion/year. It's technically our biggest industry.

And I was wondering why most Canadians I meet seem to be paranoid conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

And I was wondering why most Canadians I meet seem to be paranoid conspiracy theorists.

Ya well most of it goes to your country

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

Ya well most of it goes to your country

And you wonder why we are evil? We are too high to care. Thanks Canada for making us evil.

[edit on 8-7-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's not the weed that makes you evil. HAHA just kidding. If it had that effect then Canada would be evil too. Quite the opposite. We're too laid back sometimes.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ya he speaks the truth, if weed made a country evil then Canada would be demonic.

There is alot of weed up here. Ive herd a stat that in Vancouver 1/3 house on a residential block are a "Grow Show".

...So its not the weed that makes the USA evil...its the invading of countrys for oil that makes you evil

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I just created my own poll. I asked people in my surroundings, and they all said Canada is evil. So here is my new poll.

Poll: 100% of American's feel Canada is evil.

Polls are rubbish, plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Pretty much, GODFLESH>

Looking at the article, there are no numbers given regarding how many people were included in the poll. You have to wonder if those numbers can be projected onto the whole of Canada's teenage population. I highly doubt it.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I agree, honesty what do teens know anyways. Not to mention the way that teens (most teens) can be swayed to belive anything from watching T.V./movies/music/parents/friends/cartoons/their own stupid thoughts.

The poll is pointless in all aspects of the word.

[edit on 7/8/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I strongly disagree.

I do not care what Canadas Teens, mexico's teens, Iraqs teens think of America. Why? Why the hell should we?

What allies? America never really has had any. I have been to many countries. Talked to many people. Been stationed on a few of the 700 or so military bases. Seen what the world is like.

And my conclusion? Isolationism is our best friend. The oceans were our best friend.

I am a big believer in closing down all foreign military bases and bringing the troops home. I do not like US foreign policy. Its not in our best interest. I do not like our govornment.

But I sure as hell dont like the govornments of the rest of the world. I believe other countries should be left alone to run things as they see fit. But I also believe we should have nothing to do with them.

I say again, we never have had any allies. We should bring our troops home to guard our borders from our Mexican and canadian "allies". Unfortunately, this govornment does not care about its citizens and the best interewst of this country.

I am an adult female American, and I say, 100% of the rest of the world is evil, and we should have nothing to do with them. Close the borders. So on and so forth.

I live in Seattle, and we only smoke Canadian weed when we are desperate. Otherwise, we prefer to smoke California green, Seattle basement grown, afghan kush,, or that killer # they grow at the University of Washington. Canadain dope is for people who dont know any better.

Again, I lose no sleep over what the world thinks of us. I only lose sleep because we do not pursue the golden isolationism that once protected this country for 150 years. I have learned in my travels, that the world hates America, long before Bush was ever in power, they will hate us no matter what we do, unless its in thier best interests. So, I see no point in trying to appease the world and make them happy with us, because they simply do not care.

And I dont either.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I guess some people never heard of "circular logic"

Or empathy for that matter.

[edit] Have I got someone's attention? Your logic is circular and you would realise it if you stopped being mad at the world and think about it.

What is it that the world has done to you, that you want nothing to do with us here outside those imaginary lines you see on a map. Enough to make you so mad as to say "I wan't nothing to do with them".

You need to back up such strong convictions with more than "they hate us and I want nothing to do with them".

As with my earlier posts, the solution is to understand WHY some or even many people "hate" your country. A stong word to use since most people like me only have some criticisms and are trying to come up with solutions. You and many people interpret this as "Hate". When all along there are some legitimate grievances. Instead of addressing these you want to shut out the world and have nothing to do with "them".

I recognise your kind of indoctrination when I see it. It's sort of scary.

[edit on 7/8/2004 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I have learned in my travels, that the world hates America,

Im glad that came from an American. Because it�s true. I DONT necessarily feel this way, only sometimes. America is a fantastic land of make believe, story telling, country and western and high technology, it should stick to that.

America doesn�t do itself any favours when it comes to foreign affairs, and meddles for profit. Greed is often associated with evil. IMO

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I have a question regarding censorship in Canada. Are you allowed to receive all US TV stations? I had heard, for example that you can get CNN but not FOX News. Is this true?

I did a google on Canadian TV at this link www.fact-index.com... and got two search results for CNN, no matches for FOX News.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
gosh, that is a high percentage. there is a good posibility in my opinion that this number may increase too. A few years down the line when some of the teens in this poll may have kids and possibly many already do, their kids may be infulenced and thats only going to make it higher.

Rynaldo

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I have a question regarding censorship in Canada.

There is no censorhip of the type you are implying in Canabis (oops I mean Canada
)

Through my particular cable provider I get TV5 from Europe, Euro-News, BBC World, ALL American network channels, Many american specialty channels like CNN, etc.

Just so happens that Fox News is not available from my cable provider and has more likely something to do with Fox not having gained a CRTC license (your equivalent of the FCC) in Canada. Nothing sinister going on there.

There are many satellite providers that offer hundreds of channels from around the world and I am sure Fox News is one of them.

BTW do you get CBC Newsworld International? If not I could make the same accusation about the US.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
There is no censorhip of the type you are implying in Canabis (oops I mean Canada
)

Just so happens that Fox News is not available from my cable provider and has more likely something to do with Fox not having gained a CRTC license (your equivalent of the FCC) in Canada. Nothing sinister going on there.

Can you elaborate? Was it that FOX News never applied for a CRTC license, or that they applied and were denied?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
OH Canadaaaaa! We love to sneak through your bordeeererrrss.

The Al quieda national anthem.

Come on. You need us. We get lumber, electricity and Molsen. You get to live under the U.S. protection. Kind of like our bit**.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
One Capital Sin is called ENVY and it lives in the minds of many people specially in canadians.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by bartholomeo]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
hmm. I did a quick search and it sounds like Canada is banning Fox News. Here is an article on it from the Toronto Sun.

www.canoe.ca...

Quotes:

WHY IS Fox News banned from Canada yet CNN isn't? Is it, as some suggest, because Fox News is conservative while CNN is liberal and more acceptable to Canada's governing CRTC?

The CCTA has had an application before the CRTC for what seems like ages. But no response. And the public demand for Fox News grows.

"We don't understand how the CRTC can keep denying Canadians the right to have Fox News," a spokesman said

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I guess some people never heard of "circular logic"

Or empathy for that matter.

[edit] Have I got someone's attention? Your logic is circular and you would realise it if you stopped being mad at the world and think about it.

What is it that the world has done to you, that you want nothing to do with us here outside those imaginary lines you see on a map. Enough to make you so mad as to say "I wan't nothing to do with them".

You need to back up such strong convictions with more than "they hate us and I want nothing to do with them".

As with my earlier posts, the solution is to understand WHY some or even many people "hate" your country. A stong word to use since most people like me only have some criticisms and are trying to come up with solutions. You and many people interpret this as "Hate". When all along there are some legitimate grievances. Instead of addressing these you want to shut out the world and have nothing to do with "them".

I recognise your kind of indoctrination when I see it. It's sort of scary.

[edit on 7/8/2004 by Gools]

Some of the grievances are legit. Many arent.

And I beg to differ. I understand plenty why people hate us. Some things should be corrected.

You seemed to miss my point: no matter what we do, we are evil. Thats the consensus. Youre not getting it.

Some things simply cannot be fixed. I do not believe in catering to popular opinion or trying to please people. We are what we are. If people cannot handle that, then screw them. I would never change simply because someone did not like me. Id only change if I was creating problems for myself.

Just like America. We need to change those things that hurt us. Like all the money we spend on overseas bases. All the soldiers having to leave thier homelands to live and die for hostile or indifferent countries. Billions we spent rebuilding hostile countries that would come back to haunt us. Billions we give in aid. Ect. Supporting worthless allies like Israel. And having to watch our backs all the time.

You call it indoctrination. I would say you were indoctrinated. I come to this conclusion based on my own personal experiences abroad. Most Americans think we should continue to be active in the world. I say # the world.

I would suggest you look up the Monroe Doctrine. And also, look up Thomas Jeffersons speech about getting involved in alliances and such with other nations.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join