It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of canadian teens think america is evil

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoolsHearing something like that from an american citizen is refreshing and reassuring.

i may be conservative and such but i mean im loyal to friends and see it as a thing of honor to stick with friends such as canada nomatter who we have to fight or whatever, we are brother nations really, im glad canada doesnt need much of a military and can live in peace and whatever they like, really our people are much alike, and hey canadian girls seem pretty fun, atleast most i've met.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Especially the french girls from Quebec.

[edit on 7/7/2004 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
well i never met one yet but i'll take your word for it.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I love how this topic went from what canadian teens think of the US to everyone bashing each others country. Sure we have THE CUP and I can understand the jealousy, but you still have the original in Toronto at the Hall of Fame (I have kissed it) and it's very cheap, only a few of your beaver/queen dollars to get in. Sure you have the world's largest structure, the CN Tower, with a wicked glass floor at 1700 ft. I wussed, I confess. My gf had larger balls than me. But your still just America Junior and I can understand your pain.

As for us gun-totin' hicks, I am damn proud I can own a gun. Hell I can even carry it concealed on my body, have a permit and everything, dang! Sure us Americans kill more people each year with our guns than anyone else, but hey, it's a big country and you would be surprised how much your best friend can look like a deer at 6:30am. Come on man, we have a national holiday where we encourage our children to play with minature explosives. I love this country.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
P.S.

Why is it always the Mensa person has to say they are in Mensa to prove a point. It's like a ditzy blonde telling you how smart she is. Yep, it's always the smart ones that have to tell you they are smart, because you might figure it out.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I must say I have friends in Canada. I don't care what the youth have to say, regardless of demographic...most I know think their parents are evil. Most I have had contact with on both sides are mostly little rude snots. When they mature a little, hopefully they'll figure it out - otherwise they can jump into politics and start wars on mythical evidence.

To think that some poll sparked such insults to be tapped out on American & Canadian keyboards is just petty...

Now, why don't we gang together and go after Chile?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
undergrounddaily

loved those last two posts. Laughed my arse off...maybe it was the BC-Bud

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by undergrounddaily
Why is it always the Mensa person has to say they are in Mensa to prove a point.

Wow. You're good at tests. You must be... um... smart.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
bwahaha @ chile comment.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
As far as the argument that the US would "rush" to our rescue (which world government has such a big grudge against Canada?), I'm not sure I would want that. Seeing as you never leave. You still have bases in places like Germany.

I don't think I have stopped laughing yet. How f'n true! Gools, by your mature, thoughtful and ientelligent post, I really would have to rethink my postion on not caring what Canadians thought about the US. If only a small percentage of Canadians are like this, well then I fell like an a$$, seriously.

I want to apologize to you, Intrepid, HumptyDumpty and anyone else I may have offended on this thread. We really are all brothers. Enough of the sentimental crap.

Originally posted by Gools Oh. And to the person who posted the WAAAAHMBULANCE pic. Thanks! That's a keeper!

Thanks, I really like that one too.

BTW, undergroundaily and curme, you're just jealous cuz I'm smarter than youuuuuuu

[edit on 7-6-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What are you guys talking about with the German US Military bases? The USA did not go into WWII to save Germany. Germany was not calling for for US help. Germany was the bad guys remember? And they lost. So all of the allied forces, American, USSR, UK, France divided up Germany for occupation. American money rebuild Germany and all of the other countries destroyed by Germany. America built military bases and held occupation in Germany until around 1950 I believe and then by the request of the western countries the US military presense stayed to help defend the western nations against the threat of the USSR.

And even today, the Germans say they are against the war in Iraq publicly and yet continues to dump 1 billion dollars a year into those US Military bases and those bases are a very important military hub in the current war. The USA was going to pull out thousands of soldiers and close down bases in Germany but then Germany freaked out and lobbied for those US bases and soldiers to stay. Again, Germany hates American policy but sure doesn't want that US Military force to go anywhere. German air force and army troops are even working on those bases now.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Missed the point completely zerotime. I picked Germany at random but there are over 100 other examples to choose from. BTW some germans feel that americans came to the rescue of the people from a fascist regime. So you could claim that america did in a sense "rescue" Germany.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good point Zerotime those bases in germany were a frontline defense to stop a USSR invasion of germany and europe. Germans had first hand experence of what rule under the USSR was like and they didnt want their best defense the untied states to go anywhere.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think Canadian entertainers are stupid. We all got the right to an opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
There just mad they can't beat us in hockey!

john

huh????

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
yeah, I guess I am still missing the point on that one. All of those western nations asked the US for those bases - those US bases are not a result of occupying any country, which is what the replies in this thread were making it sound like to me. Countries can alway get rid of the US bases if they wanted, but they don't want to rid of the US military. It is a love / hate relationship. As long as the US military has a base in your country then you feel like you have a powerful ally. If I am not mistaken the US also has military bases in Canada.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
zerotime

You are correct for the countries you fought with during world war two and countries that you have negotiated bases for; like the air force base in Gander Newfoundland for refueling during early days of aviation.

It's just that once the bases are there and become integrated into the local economy it becomes domestic political suicide to close that base.

Also in many countries where you have bases the local gov't is a US puppet regime and the population disagrees, like in Saudi Arabia for example, and Quatar, and Oman, and the UAE, and Kuwait, some African countries, Indonesia, some south american countries etc...

Question: How many foreign countries have a military base in the US? Would you want one? Would you accept one if your gov't said it was necessary? Most people (not rulers or elites) would probably answer a resounding NO. Do you know why the US has about 800 military bases in over 150 countries? You should find out (if your allowed to).

Edit: This article supports my numbers except it is 700 not 800 bases, an excellent overview of the situation:

hnn.us/articles/3097.html

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
NEVER, EVER, has the United States used it's military bases to oppress or occupy a people's country... It's dictatorship government, perhaps, but never the people of ANY nation.

Think back to 1995 as Clinton was shrinking the military and they were announcing base closings all over the world... those governments were freaking out because they stood to lose billions of dollars in US revenue and military protection.

Finally, I worked for a Canadian company for several years and spent a great amount of time at HQ in Canada and I found our friends to the North to be both hospitable and friendly toward Americans. I could really care less what some moronic poll of CHILDREN's attitudes toward the US has to say. When these children grow up, get jobs and take on ADULT responsibilities then perhaps they will gain some insight and understanding into the symbiosis of the Canadian and American relationship and they will come to value it as most of us here do.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
kozmo

No but the base is there to support that dictatorship, either purposefully or by its mere presence in a country run by one.

Exactly, closing bases its an economic issue.

I could not agree more with the last point.

Edit: Excessive Quoting

d1k

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by undergrounddaily
Who cares what a bunch of weed-smoking(not that there is anything wrong with that according to www.potstar.com) anarchist punks in Canada think about the US.

a) You're just mad that you yankies smoke Mexican compresso bunk.

b) Anarchists? Our kids don't go forming "Trech coat mafia" cults and go shooting their peers in school. I sure would like to hear how you came up with Canadian Teenagers being Anarchists.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join