It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what music are ya'll listening to at the moment? REVISED PT1

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Given times of crisis, thanks giving, celebration around the world amidst the turmoil

What is your 2010/2011 transitional soundtrack to the new dawn?

I'm currently quite drunk and watching a 808 state dvd of old live visuals and studio videos

I'm into a real old school vibe at the moment, and since i collect live concerts i've also been diggin some early orbital and prodigy live videos..

Gotta praise whoever managed to make big screen LCD mainstream and affordable

Merry xmas everyone, i intend on partying untill the early hours of 1/1/11

edit on 24-12-2010 by plexus because: ftw ofc

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Lullabies for the Dormant Mind by The Agonist. Socially aware and just br00tul enough for me.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Pfffft, lucky you, I've been called into work on the 27th, 28th, and 29th, Christmas sales, BAH HUMBUG!

At least I get new years eve to get Schnit faced

As far as music, I like old school 70's / 80's rock, Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Metallica, The Beatles, Pink Floyd etc...................live concerts on my brand new 50" plasma is amazing!!!

Hope your having fun matey! All the best this Christmas and New year!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
awesome choice, beatles and zepplin are pretty much epic on the grand scale of things.. on another note i've also been jumping between daft punk and REM for some awesome yet weird reason

edit: Christmas work sucks badly, but i hope/assume you're on a pretty good overtime/holiday rate so it hopefully pays off.. enjoy some time off cashed up in the new year

edit on 24-12-2010 by plexus because: hehe edit luls

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The two artists I have been listening to most lately are Sage Francis and Dan Deacon. To me, Sage is a great lyricist whose music puts me in a calm and insightful mood.

Dan Deacon's music is made of pure fun.

I'm a fan of everything that has been listed. You gents have great taste.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yeaaah, old skool.

Currently I listen to nothing else but myself, check it out www.soundcloud.com/rightsidenightsource

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a playlist i have on youtube. currently this song is on, Pink : Loney Girl. It's a greeeaaat song written by herself and cowritten with Linda Perry. Linda Perry also does backup vocals.

take a listen... www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

big fan of sage, you've got some nice taste going on there.. beautiful chilled hiphop

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Die Antwoord - Enter The Ninja

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by psilo simon

I'm diggin your tunes. Dollar Sensation makes me really move.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

I'm diggin your tunes. Dollar Sensation makes me really move.

Aww, thanks a lot man. See, just a wee comment like that is what makes creating music worthwhile for me. Music is humanity`s last pure expression, and although it has been "filthed" by the corporate, nothing can stop me sharing. I call for every producer, artist in the world to give up their rights to their music and let it all be shared, because music defines humanity.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I checked it out too, really pretty awesome stuff.. i spent numerous years in the experimental/amateur/art audio scene here in melbourne, i love your psy breaks/ psy tune.. reminds me alot of early halucinogen.. at the end of the day it's your sort of music that should be signed, unfortunately 90% of people are retarded, and the remaining 10% of us are at risk of serious infection

edit on 24-12-2010 by plexus because: awesome

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
80's synth and electropop, new wave, Hall & Oates, Electric Light Orchestra, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, The Buggles and Alan Parsons (Project). Yes, I'm a huge fan of 80's pop full of synths, but I also like the more alternative rock.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WeZet

i'm a big fan of ELP and ELO.. i'm also a big fan of HR Giger who did some of the album art for ELP most prominently brain salad surgery.. ELP are pretty forgotten but shoudn't be, their epic synth sounds echo in my memories.. i'm also a fan of tangerine dream who also did some amazing synth work during the later phases of the 70s acid craze, vangellis also.. i have some original tangerine dream and vangellis dune type music on vinyl that i crank out occasionally

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Alright, lets revise this post..

Hypothetically speaking of course
let's say you had an mp3 player.. going along with the good fictional story, let's say you could only briefly load 10 songs on it before the nuclear apocalypse occurs.

You're going to be in an underground refuge for numerous months, and all you can do is re-charge said mp3 player

What is your ALL TIME top 10 end of the world, "boost your will to survive" playlist?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
A difficult choice! I like so much music that I can't really make a choice, though this could work.

1. ELO - Shangri-La
2. Eels - My Timing is off
3. Diesel Disko - Angelica
4. The Alan Parsons Project - Day After Day (The Show Must Go On)
5. The Buggles - Clean, Clean
6. Jeff Wayne - Eve of the War
7. Kraftwerk - Radioactivity
8. Depeche Mode - Walking in my Shoes
9. Level 42 - Leaving Me Now
10. Mark Knopfler - Going Home/Theme of a Local Hero

And besides that, some works of J.S. Bach, like Toccata and Fugue in D minor.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
haha pretty spectacular choice, kraftwerk especially.. but a very epic sound track none the less

love it!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just discovered this band and im lovin it!

edit on 24/12/10 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/12/10 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I still basking in satisfaction with my new black metal album I recently recorded, been listening to it constantly, I'm really happy with it. My music project is called Kosmokrater and just finished recording the new CD 8 songs, about Nazi UFOs, called Wunderwaffen. I have 3 new songs and a vid on the myspace www.myspace.com...

Also my 1st wave black metal full band Astrum is ready to release it's 2011 CD, Tales of Witchlore, new songs here:
www.myspace.com...

Comments welcome, also have vids at youtube under astrum502

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Good call, have you heard their track "Death by Diamonds and Pearls"? OP, you ought to bust into some Brian Jonestown Massacre.. can't go wrong wit that!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join