It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Iran arms smuggler' captured by Nato in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

'Iran arms smuggler' captured by Nato in Afghanistan

www.bbc.co.uk

A member of the elite al-Quds force of Iran's Revolutionary Guard has been captured in southern Afghanistan accused of arms smuggling, Nato says.

He was detained last Saturday in southern Kandahar province, the current focus of Nato offensives.

The man was a "key Taliban weapons facilitator" involved in smuggling arms from Iran to Afghanistan, said a Nato statement.

It is not the first time Iran has been accused of backing Afghan insurgents.

The man was detained "for facilitating the movement of weapons between Iran and Kandahar through [southern] Nimruz province," a spokesman
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
So what do we think ATS?

Do we believe the propaganda that 'allegedly' a man of Iranian nationality has been caught smuggling weapons into Afghanistan?

Or do we turn this on it's head and think of it as keeping the pressure on Iran 'on the boil'?

I don't believe a word of what has been put into this report. It all smacks of propaganda from the American war machine, and also strikes me as incredibly convenient.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iran DID have ops in Afghanistan - but for western governments to reveal an op likes this in this way strikes me as purely politically motivated.

What say you ATS?

The Revenant.

(With Christmas greetings!)

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Already a thread mate.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Close the thread down - the search function obviously doesn't work - I found this thread has just been posted already.

Rev.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
A war is being plotted against the Iranian people because even those paid to beat and torture the people are waking up to the reality of corruption, they are waking up to the reality that they are not working for the Iranian people but against them.

So the war drums beat.

The same will happen in the US. Once the police and military decide their government is corrupt, either a crackdown on the American people will happen or as some of the zionists have jokingly said, and I paraphrase, ''a nuke on an American city, would be in their favour''.

Wake up.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant

Why would Iran need to smuggle weapons into Afghanistan?

U.S. funding the Taliban
abcnews.go.com...

www.cato.org...

The U.S. has its soldiers protecting opium fields. The Taliban wanted them gone b/c for obvious reasons but damn it if the C.I.A. can't use these resources for free!!!

All in all, I don't believe the story. I think it is possible but smuggling weapons isn't exactly a BIG news story, given weapon smugglers are everywhere. It's the fact that the supposed smuggler is Iranian. The bigger story is the CIA smuggling nuclear secrets to a rogue network in Pakistan.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course, Americans will never hear about how dirty the CIA is and how it is trying to destroy Pakistan.

A side note: what does Al-Quds means. I read that and thought Al-Qaeda misspelled or something.

Happy X-mas!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
More IRAN propaganda, when will it end! - I know after its been taken over by the US !

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join