It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing posts??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Is this happening to anyone else? You answer a particular thread or make an original post...and when you go back and read said thread or post, you find that the page it was on is missing....you know you posted to page two, but it is gone, and then ten maybe fifteen later it shows up.

Funny thing, though...your post is now on a different page....and you have also posted a few other replies in the thread....but the pages and posts no longer exist. Hmmmm...

Or maybe this scenario, your count in your profile says you started a certain number of threads...but seems that some of them are missing. You know for sure that one of them was removed by a mod....but where are the other missing threads you have started?

Star and Flag counts do not match up, either....says you have more of one and less of the other...within 24 hours these counts fluctuate. No u2u's letting me know the mods are doing this, although I figure they are the only ones that would be.

This is the best I can explain what is happening...no big deal....but I would appreciate even a little "woopsie" if someone pushed a wrong button, instead of having to question myself if I'm seeing things and going wonkier than I already know I am...

edit on 24-12-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
This is genius... It's like performing art with twice the pretentiousness.
Do you recommend a soundtrack while indulging the irony?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Classic.

Pure epicness.

S and F

VvV

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

The way that this system is set up, deleting single posts or trying to rearrange them would cause so much chaos that it just doesn't happen. It'd be like trying to take out a sheet of toilet paper from the middle of the roll.

~Heff
edit on 12/24/10 by Hefficide because: my blank reply made more sense when the OP was blank too.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Aww, you edited and put text in..
Sounds like what you describe is a mod moving the thread to a diff board-it changes the url.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
Aww, you edited and put text in..

new topics

top topics

join