It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian officer captured in Afghanistan: NATO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yes, I'm sure they did catch someone. It's not surprise high level officials have DIRECT HAND in providing weapons to groups in Afghanistan and Iraq. You better believe if they have nukes, they will be smuggled too..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I see that the person that was caught turn out not to be part of the Iranian guard, great. However to those of you who have been spanking Slayer for jumping to conclusions, do you people actually think that Iran is not involved in supplying weapons to those who want to fight the US military in that part of the world?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
I see that the person that was caught turn out not to be part of the Iranian guard, great. However to those of you who have been spanking Slayer for jumping to conclusions, do you people actually think that Iran is not involved in supplying weapons to those who want to fight the US military in that part of the world?

Well if Israel and US can sabotage Iranian nuclear facillities using next-gen viruses,kill iranian scientists and fund anti-government groups, than doesn't Iran have the right to do the same?

Or shall we ignore what the West does and blame Iran for everything?

And it would be nice to see the US millitary actually getting into some challenging warfare rather than using kids and women for target practise sessions.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by forklift

I asked if people think they are not involved, I have no problem with them being involved at all. At some point they will pay the price for that.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

I have to drop a friend off at the airport. So I'll have to be quick.

It doesn't matter if he is an "Intelligence agent." Hell, the Iranians could plop any hat on him and call him the Maytag repair man. What it does prove is that Iran is actively in the mix.

As far as many want to say that Iran wouldn't help those supposed long term enemies of Iran against the US.

I recall a certain saying......

The enemy of my enemy is my friend

ETA: I'll be back to address some of the other replies in this thread in a couple of hours.
edit on 24-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

reply to post by forklift

At some point they will pay the price for that.

The real question is how many US soldiers will pay the price if a war is declared against Iran?

Iran has soo far played the game very well, and i wonder what preparations it has made for a long guirella type warfare.Keeping in mind of all the experience they have gained in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
No problem as now we have trading material for the Americans held in Iran.(Shane Bauer, Joshua Fattal)
freethehikers.org...

Now we will see how much Iran values there officer.

My guess is that Iran values their officer more now than they did when he was "working". They can make a martyr of him to gain support against the US by simply leaving him where he is, and alleging all manner of "torture, abuse, and barbarism."

Conversely, the US probably values him more as a potential source of information than they do a couple of hikers who either can't read a GPS or think Iranians are all sweetness and light. Otherwise, they'd not have wandered over the border to say "hello".

Yeah, I'm heartless. So is the world. Watch what happens, but I wouldn't expect any sort of trade in the offing.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
reply to post by ANNED

Don't you know Iran is a Tyrannical and Opressive Regime where everyone is expendable, if they sent him there he probably isn't of much value right? Plus they are terrorists running a country, i thought the US didn't negotiate with terrorists?

(just fund them
)

Just curious, but how far can you get out in left field before you lose sight of home plate?

Just asking, as you posts show no signs of awareness so far....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz

Originally posted by AnotherYOU

Plus weren't the al-quds Palestinian brigades? Now they are Iranians?

You're both right and wrong here!!

Al-Quds is quite a common term (meaning The Noble or Sacred Place??) which is the Arabic name for Jerusalem??

The Al-Quds brigade is indeed part of the PIJ however there is also the Al-Quds of Iran or Quds Force

Iranian forces

However as you say lump em all into one big news report and stir up some more support for the government while you're at it!!

Al-Quds means "the Truth".

Both of these organizations were likely named after the arabic for Jerusalem, since Jerusalem is a point of contention in the holy war. It's sort of like staking out an islamic claim.
edit on 2010/12/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
propaganda !

I believe this to be nothing more, now lets see how Obama takes this with his military advisors.
then lets see how the UK government decides to follow in tow into another illegal war!

There must be a "first" illegal war for "another illegal war" to follow it. What then, are you labeling as an "illegal" war, and what is your legal basis for that decision?

Generally speaking, and in the absence of a specific bit of legislation making it "illegal", war is neither legal nor illegal, it just is.

I predict yes predict , that we will hear how iran has illegaly armed terrorist nations , then wikileaks will release cables with this information , then US will invade Iran with the help of nato and the UK
much to the dislike of russia and china !

Another illegal war to make money for a failing economy , shock doctrine style
US will go in and clean up , then give haliburton a fat contract , so that the money can be used to fund election campaigns for those who want to rule the world

Am I that for off on that one , or am I just saying aloud what we all know will happen

Reach much? This is constructing an entire mansion from only two bricks.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin

A side note: what does Al-Quds means. I read that and thought Al-Qaeda misspelled or something.

Al Quds means "the Truth", and al Qaeda means "the Base", or "the Camp".

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Also, keep in mind that just because he was not "part of" the Iranian guards doesn't mean he wasn't "working for" them. The West doesn't have a monopoly on contracting some jobs out to "deniables". Afghanistan now that the US is involved there ought to be a fertile garden for "deniables" same as it was back when the Russians were there. The only difference now would be WHO is employing them.

Same game, just the players have changed.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

Well if Israel and US can sabotage Iranian nuclear facillities using next-gen viruses,kill iranian scientists and fund anti-government groups, than doesn't Iran have the right to do the same?

Of course they do. That's how wars work - it's what they're made of.

Or shall we ignore what the West does and blame Iran for everything?

"Ignore"? "Blame"? That's how NOT how war works. Phrases such as that are the stock in trade of propagandists - those attempting to sway public opinion by any means necessary. It appears that the "other side", from you viewpoint, doesn't exactly have a monopoly on propaganda, either.

And it would be nice to see the US millitary actually getting into some challenging warfare rather than using kids and women for target practise sessions.

What did YOU do in the war, daddy, (and which war) that qualifies you to judge what is "challenging warfare", and to have earned the right to spread propaganda?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I hope they make a youtube video of this bastard, blindfolded, with his hands bound behind his back, kneeling in front of an Afghan flag.

Go Slayer, go Slayer, Go Go Go Go

edit on 25-12-2010 by Violater1 because: Slayer support group.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

No, the insurgency in Iraq got worse when we decided to first invade.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Finding an Iranian Revolutionary Guard in Afghanistan is about as shocking as finding Israeli or U.S. special forces in Georgia (or any number of the former Soviet territories/countries for that matter).

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

Don't be silly ... the Republicans negotiated with a terrorist during the Lame Duck session of Congress! And he finally agreed to a bipartisan deal.... of course, the Iranians are tougher than presidunce Obama.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's weird that Iran is funding an organization they've had their problems with in the past. Iran and Taliban haven't really seen 'eye to eye', more like 'eye for eye'.

I see this as more propaganda to give justification for any future attacks/invasions on Iran.
edit on 25-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
It's weird that Iran is funding an organization they've had their problems with in the past. Iran and Taliban haven't really seen 'eye to eye', more like 'eye for eye'.
I see this as more propaganda to give justification for any future attacks/invasions on Iran.
edit on 25-12-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

Really?
Really!
Here are just a few links to the cooperation between Iran and Taliban.
The commander of NATO and U.S. forces in Afghanistan said Sunday there is "clear evidence" that some Taliban fighters have trained in Iran. www.huffingtonpost.com...
Iran is helping train Taliban fighters within its borders, according to U.S. military and intelligence officials. articles.cnn.com...:WORLD
The find confirms what U.S. commanders and troops in Afghanistan are seeing more often - a rise in the level of cooperation between Iran and the Taliban. www.cbsnews.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...
www.jihadwatch.org...

Shill much?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Iran will back anyone whose activities in a general way undermine the progress of the Coalition in Afghanistan (as they did in Iraq). They aim to produce a weak and compliant neighbour.

It isn't surprising that one country would conduct covert activities in a neighbouring country. This man may not have been a Qods Force officer, that isn't to say that he wasn't in contact with Qods Force or that a friend or a friend of a friend of his wasn't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join