It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian officer captured in Afghanistan: NATO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Here we go with more BS Iranian propaganda, its getting to be a joke really it is. The americans will stop at nothing to conquer the whole planet. Sometimes I am embarassed to be a human being.

edit on 24-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I hope you can enlighten me here but I am failing to see the link between truck drivers having to pay more for fuel and a suspected arms dealer being arrested?

If what you say about there being an revolution in Iran due to the fuel prices wouldn't the governments of the western world sit back and let it play it's course instead of putting forward the story of capturing a member of the Iranian forces which would surely divert attention and create solidarity?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

No. Because the next revolution will be the peoples revolution. This is absolutely not in the favour of the West because it will set an example for people around the world.

Edit:

You undervalue the worth of truckers. If truckers went on a strike for a week, the nation you would live in would crumble unless the military took over the job of truckdrivers.

Also, you don't seem too knowledgable on the situation in Iran, the Bazar(Merchants) hold most power in the country, not the clergy, not the government. And only because they are the link between the people and the outside world. That is why the government and clergy will do anything in their power to keep them happy. Such as, sending the revolutionary guard to take over trucker jobs.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
They just said on the Sky News TV channel the smuggler is not infact a member of Iran's Revolutionary Guard. I looked for an article on their website, but obviously that hasn't been updated yet. Looks like a case of jumping to conclusions. At least they've admitted it fairly quickly- surprising.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

At least they've admitted it fairly quickly- surprising.

I wonder why...

Keep your eyes peeled for a lot more surprises in the coming year. A lot of people will have to eat their own words.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Just read this on the BBC web site

However, Nato has clarified that he is not a member of the elite al-Quds force of Iran's Revolutionary Guards as suggested by its initial reports

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Do you really think so? You have to remember that most of the western world although it has it's corruption within TPTB the majority of it's population are comfortable, blinkered and happy to go on with life as it is. I think you overestimate the average persons ability to completely ignore what is going on around them.

An Iranian revolution could solve the loose cannon approach of Ahmadinejad providing one less headache for TPTB in the west.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScepticalBeliever
At least they've admitted it fairly quickly- surprising.

They must have been checking ATS and seen the clay wasn't sticking to the wall quite that well.

I for one respect the job of journalists who have to spend every year recycling the same old far fetched stories.

If i was Ahmadinejad i would make Iran a brand, put a nice Copyright Logo on it and charge every time the media uses it.

WAR FOR PROFIT

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I was in no way undervaluing anyone, merely failing (as i still do) to see the tie between this news and the news about the truckers?

2nd

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I would not be surprised in the least if Iranian agents were supplying weapons to the Taliban. It has been long regarded that the insurgency in Iraq got worse and more dangerous after Iran got involved. How can anyone blame them for launching some kind of campaign to get the US off of their doorstep. They are practically encircled by US forces in the West with Iraq and to the East with Afghanistan.

If the guy apprehended in southern Afghanistan is indeed a member of the Iranian Quds Force, it could be a reason why the insurgency has intensified? These guys are no clowns and are good at what they do. One example would be a raid on a joint US/Iraqi compound in Karbala from 2007.

U.S. Says Iran Helped Iraqis Kill Five G.I.’s

When the Karbala attack was carried out on Jan. 20, American and Iraqi officials said it had been meticulously planned. The attackers carried forged identity cards, wore American-style uniforms and drove vehicles of a kind used by Americans here. One American was killed at the start of the raid, and the other Americans were captured, then shot to death and dumped beside the road.

This assault was carried out with the precision of a special forces raid. Even the most minute detail was taken into account. It took the US and Iraqi military by surprise. As for the guy arrested in Afghanistan, he could have been their operating on his own without approval from the Iranian government?

Iranian dissident warns of US actions against Iran

Domestically, he said, they operate a militia, the Bassidj, for suppression. Outside the country, they operate through the Quds force, which is out of Ahmadinejad's control.

"This is a force that is involved in Iraq, or Lebanon, or Afghanistan, or Palestine, any place in the world," he said.

"Not only the foreign ministry of Iran; even the president does not know what the Revolutionary Guards does outside of Iran. They directly report to the leader," he said, referring to Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

This group operates independently and without oversight from the government in Tehran. So, it is hard to say who sent him there, or why he was there, because of the group's independence. Some think this arrest is a cause for war. However, I don't see it.This is just the typical clandestine ops all intelligence groups participate in. The US has been alleged to support the Sunni terrorist group, Jundallah, in Iran. Not much is known about how the support is given, but when almost half a billion dollars is earmarked for covert operations in the Islamic Republic, it is not for dropping political leaflets or jamming Iranian radio with Voice of America.

U.S. Is Said to Expand Covert Operations in Iran

The plan allowed up to $400 million in covert spending for activities ranging from spying on Iran's nuclear program to supporting rebel groups opposed to the country's ruling clerics, veteran investigative journalist Seymour Hersh reported in the New Yorker magazine.

Most recently, this group was allegedly responsible for an attack which killed scores of people at a religious festival.

Suicide bombers kill 38 near Iran Shiite mosque

Two suicide bombers blew themselves up near a mosque in southeastern Iran on Wednesday, killing at least 38 people at a Shiite mourning ceremony, state media reported.

Jundallah, a Sunni Muslim rebel group, claimed responsibility for the attack outside the Imam Hussein Mosque in the port city of Chahbahar, near the border with Pakistan, according to AlArabiya reporter.

This is not the first attack by the group, and they have been operating for quite awhile. It is only alleged that the US is involved in backing this group from behind the scenes, but nothing has surfaced to provide definitive proof. Still, if they could provide assistance to the Afghans when they fought the Soviets, it is not much of a stretch to see potential for US involvement with this group as well. It is too soon to make any judgments for the Iranian arrested in southern Afghanistan on allegations of being a arms smuggler and for being a member of the Quds Force. If anything, the arrest is interesting, and I would like to know more in the days to come.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

You have to remember that most of the western world although it has it's corruption within TPTB the majority of it's population are comfortable, blinkered and happy to go on with life as it is. I think you overestimate the average persons ability to completely ignore what is going on around them.

It only takes a peek in the history books to see that a revolution in one place can set an example.

Besides, I know exactly how much a person can ignore. Once something hits their bottom line, people start questioning things. And truckers, are exactly that. No goods delivered? No food to be bought in the supermarkets? No fuel to be tanked at gasstations?

What do you think will happen?

People cannot ignore their hungry stomachs, the bankers and government officials have plenty of money that could be payed to the truckers for them to deliver the goods.Get the picture?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Guess he didnt get the memo that the u.s already cornered the weapons market...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Fair enough.

Which guns are produced in Iran?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by buni11687

Well well well.

They got caught with their hand in the cookie jar and many here just want to ignore "that fact" and just point out all the things the US has done. Spin Spin Spin.

This perfectly illustrates the problem with being biased - as you clearly are - and accepting anything as "fact" (your word) that the media tells you as long as it supports your bias.

Turns out the story saying this smuggler was a member of Iran's Revolutionary Guard - "that fact" to quote you - is complete bull.

See how easily an unthinking American public can be lead into war? Tell them some BS about "the enemy" and they lap it up unquestioningly, whether it's lies or not. Very sad.

edit on 24-12-2010 by Malcram because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Because when the people are on the verge of overthrowing their corrupt government or becoming aware of the problem more so than before, a war will be plotted against the people.

There is no seeming connection, but the propaganda is turned up another notch or three.

Usually it is not where you see a connection, it is where you don't see one or expect one where the problem lies.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Remember that one thread where you made assumptions of a blog poster into fact?

Remember how I told you it is best to stay away from topics you have no knowledge on?

Good job on biting yourself in the behind for everyone, and not just me anymore, to see.

An apology would be in place at the very least, but somehow I think you think of yourself too highly for that. Hence why I said: Go back to playing videogames, not everyone is cut out to discuss these things. Everyone can be though, if they were to let go of their ego.

Merry Christmass friend.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

So what you are saying is that the arrest of this man is propaganda from the western world to back up a war on Iran based on the possibility of an uprising / civil unrest within Iran due to ridiculously raised fuel prices?

If this was the case I don't think that the statement of him being a member of the Iranian Qud Forces would have been retracted so speedily. It only goes to prove that the government controlled MSM is far too quick to jump to conclusions and you shouldn't always believe what you read which would totally contradict the purpose of said propaganda.

The first story I agree could and should be classed as propaganda however I don't believe the follow up story would have been released so quickly if the sole purpose was to cause unrest.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

So what you are saying is that the arrest of this man is propaganda from the western world to back up a war on Iran based on the possibility of an uprising / civil unrest within Iran due to ridiculously raised fuel prices?

Not the Western world my friend. There is no such thing as the Western world when it comes to politics. It was supposed to be propaganda, but it was shot down fast, because it is too apparent.

And not just due to the raised fuel prices, but every little thing that has been going on adds up to the surplus.

If this was the case I don't think that the statement of him being a member of the Iranian Qud Forces would have been retracted so speedily. It only goes to prove that the government controlled MSM is far too quick to jump to conclusions and you shouldn't always believe what you read which would totally contradict the purpose of said propaganda.

You make two assumptions there. The reason for the message being retracted fast is only because of loose ties. People are tired of loose ties. Second, the MSM is not government controlled, as the government itsself is controlled. Though, as to not get it twisted, both the government and MSM are not entirely controlled. Key positions in the MSM are controlled as are key positions in the government.

Not believing everything you read goes without question, though, question everything you read. And people are waking up to this. They would question the article, except for the die-hard brainwashed folks, like some in this topic, and get even more pissed than the original article would have made them in the first place. Aware people are a beauty to behold. The second article is what you call damage control.

The first story I agree could and should be classed as propaganda however I don't believe the follow up story would have been released so quickly if the sole purpose was to cause unrest.

The sole purpose of fear mongering is to cause controlled unrest. When this unrest is not controlled it becomes dangerous for the people that manipulate their fellow humans.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You and I disagree on a lot of things chap but a star for that post.

2nd

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It made me laugh when i heard the story on the news this morning.

I thought Shias and Wahabis/Sunnis were suppose to be enemies?

Wasn't the Iranian regime funding and supplying arms to the SHIA Northern Alliance to take back control of Afghanistan from Whabai/Sunni Taliban and Al-CIAda before 9/11? While NA worked with US to k0 the taliban/Al-CIAda.

So when did taliban and Iran become best buddies?

I heard Iran is the only country in Middle East that has vast natural gas resources and is the only country that poses a significant threat to israel.

It's a sign that the elites are ready for another war as things have calmed down in Iraq and Afghanistan.The government has raised the taxes here in the West so i guess they will put it to good use.

Soon the media will start reporting how the Iranian folks tripped over on the streets because ahmadinejad tried to prank them which obviously will be a good enough justification to kill a few more millions.Than we will have a Colin Powell version in US who will be doing powerpoint presentations on satallite pics showing Iran with a A-bomb facing towards the West.

And the masses are going to fall for it as usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join