It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti urged to halt cholera anti-voodoo lynchings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Haiti urged to halt cholera anti-voodoo lynchings

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - The head of Haiti's voodoo religion appealed to authorities Thursday to halt bloody lynchings of voodoo priests by people who blame them for causing the Caribbean country's deadly cholera epidemic.

Since the epidemic started in mid-October, at least 45 male and female voodoo priests, known respectively as "houngan" and "manbo," have been killed. Many of the victims were hacked to death and mutilated by machetes, Max Beauvoir, the "Ati" or supreme leader of Haitian voodoo, told Reuters.

"They are being blamed for using voodoo to contaminate people with cholera," Beau
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
well this is just crazy. it seems that voodoo curses are being blamed for something that is spread through water and food that is contaminated after the earth quake. It seems that as it is a poor nation that education is lacking and that the people are led to believe it is a curse. If the UN was there wouldnt they be able to treat people? It seems that chlolera is something that is VERY unpleasant.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Couldn't they have accused Palin of practicing voodoo when she was there not helping the situation at all?

I mean she has an army of zombies drooling and following her wherever she goes.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
the haitians never learn, according to reports anywhere from 70 to 90 % of the people were practitioners and/or believers of witchcraft and vodoo.

some people believe God was fed up from all this evil and decided to give haiti and new start and teach the evil people a lesson.

know they are back at it again.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
....and to think members and people go ballistic when some article or video shows women being stoned, Once again my view on the human race is exactly what it is. We are still living in the dark ages.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the haitians never learn, according to reports anywhere from 70 to 90 % of the people were practitioners and/or believers of witchcraft and vodoo.

some people believe God was fed up from all this evil and decided to give haiti and new start and teach the evil people a lesson.

know they are back at it again.

Like if any other religion is any better.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Yes it is crazy but I am reliably informed that the fundies have made a concerted push in Haiti and I believe that these lynchings are a direct result of this. As if the Hatians have not suffered enough.

top topics

join