It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hug A Republican

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Well I usually put it this way:

You can tell they are a republican if they want to build a bridge that could kill several hundred people by building it and demolish low income housing as long as its good for the economy

You can tell they are a democrat if they let the bridge be built and then build a expensive memorial in the middle of it

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Strangelands obviously we have a basic phlosophical difference of opinion, however one point I would like to make is that I was saying we should spend less on welfare and also spend nothing on enforcing racial quotas. While I do believe that AA was needed at one point I do not beleve that is still the case. Also I have stated that I do beleve in unemployment insurance but I do not believ in welfare. I disagree that it took more work to create beethovens symphony than the theroies of general and special reltivity. While there was one bright flash of inspiration it took a LOT of work to provide proofs for that therot on a mathematical and scientific basis.
I do not believe it is the place of the government to fund art.
I am all for a transparent hiring process, what I am not for is hiring based on race.
Many of my collegues are black and they all make the same as thier white conterparts.
At the end of the day I believe that people are responsible for themselves. This country was founded on the ideal of self reliance, responsibility, and hard work and I see the left in this country treating those values like a plague.
Finally When I said we are all sinners I was not speaking of original sin in the religous sense rather that all humans have the capacity for evil and that all of us to some extent do exercise that capacity at some point in our lives.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLandsTo answer a few critics, please note that I didn’t say that Republicans never hug. They just never hug in the right way.

Thanks for the contribution, namehere, but I have a question. Hamster crap? Why specifically hamster crap?

dude i know how to hug right, not that hard.

and hmm, dont know, thought it was funny to say..

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
While I do, regretfully, agree that we seem irreconcilably opposed on these matters, mwm1331, I'd like to thank you for your contribution to this thread - and not just because it gave me a chance to exercise my rhetorical muscles!

On it's most basic level, I believe our conflict arises from a question of responsibility. You, as you have stated, believe that it is everyone's legal and moral duty to take responsibility for their own welfare - I, on the other hand, believe that the concepts of civilisation and humanity demand that we take collective responsibility for those who are laid low by accident of birth or tragic misfortune. Individuals are still rewarded for their efforts and skills, and any person - any person - may, through dedication and hard work, become whatever they want to be. The difference, of course, is that in a liberal state, the individual has achieved a personal triumph which also benefits society - in the Republican state, any success is achieved at the expense of one's neighbours and countrymen.

While Republicans fear the potential for evil found in all men, I prefer to nurture the potential for good.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join