It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 13, Busted (arrested) For Illegal Marker Possession

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I don't think there's any sign of manipulation here. We don't have a lot of context to go on as in we don't know how the child's behavior was every other day except the one in question. This student might be the type to press the teacher's buttons or the teacher might have been having a very bad day/week and have overreacted.

Even if I accept the new definition of NWO you've given, one that's an adjective instead of a noun, it still doesn't come close to fitting this case. How does one teacher's overreaction correlate to the supposed push towards tyranny and control? A hundred years ago teachers often paddled students, corporal punishment was fully allowed and I'm sure plenty of kids got punished for offenses equally as minor as this.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well as another article I read states, the school will investigate further after the term break.

So, if this citizens arrest ends up ousting a crazy teacher, is it still a waste of tax payers money?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
That little terrorist! How dare he use a permanent marker?! This is treason! He is an anarchist! He has no mindless obedience respect for the law! He must be punished! The death penalty is still legal in Oklahoma! What do you say, Sooners?! Use it! Fire up the electric chair! Screw lethal injection, this is serious #! While we're at it, bring in the firing squad to shoot him while he's frying! That'll teach these defiant brats the lesson they deserve!

Ich schwöre bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid, daß ich dem Führer des Amerika, Barack Obama, dem Oberbefehlshaber der Wehrmacht, unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Soldat bereit sein will, jederzeit für diesen Eid mein Leben einzusetzen!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by backinblack

Well as another article I read states, the school will investigate further after the term break.

So, if this citizens arrest ends up ousting a crazy teacher, is it still a waste of tax payers money?

If the parents sue the state because of the police/education departments, yes..
It should never have got that far...
Sue the teacher or the police as private citizens..
Let them pay..
edit on 24-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I guess the pen is indeed mightier than the sword...

This is the kind of news that make me go like: "cmon, you guys still don't believe the world is ending?"

Ridiculous...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The teacher and cops are idiots.

I was going to write more but that pretty much sums it up for me.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The teacher and cops are idiots.

I was going to write more but that pretty much sums it up for me.

True, but they are the two professions that control us from birth to death pretty much..

Scary huh.???

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Wow! Wow. Wow. Wow.... What can I say?

My god, the kid was writing and doing his work and he goes to jail!?!? What is wrong with the teacher that signed that citation? How did the police get there in the first place???

There MUST be a lot left out of the story.... It just skips from.... Kid is using a sharpie.... to... Kid is in jail..... What about the middle of the story?

I understand that the law is in place to avoid vandalism.... But my god... If he was truly just doing his work.... There is NO reason for this.... If the marker did bleed through by accident.... My god, it's an accident!

I don't know... I want to get mad but I can't. Something is missing from the story... how did the cops get called? No way she called the police because he did not give the marker up.... There MUST be more here....

Some one... Tell me there is more to the story???
edit on 24-12-2010 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Lemme guess... your the teacher?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Alethea

Lemme guess... your the teacher?

hmmm, I actually read their post as sarcasm..
Maybe I was wrong...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

She is the issue here, not the law and not the kid.

She could have never made this an issue without the absurd legislation that attempts criminalize possession of a product that can be bought in any grocery store, office supply store, and various other stores. Further, it is absurd to refer to such ridiculous legislation as law. Legislation is not law, merely evidence of law. This issue goes way beyond some insane public school teacher, it speaks to the insanity of a general public all too willing to reference ludicrous legislation as law.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have a perfect little protest for this. Buy a ton of those markers and hand them out to bypasssers. Let's see them arrest the whole school.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

A 13-year-old boy was arrested Friday for using a permanent marker while in class

Quite right to, I don't see the fuss, he was blatantly trying to buck the system by using a permanent marker instead of a non permanent marker, the report says that it bled on to the table, thats wilful damage! they should throw the book at him. I mean to say that as he shows no respect for anyones possession he should now be put on the terrorist list and be ordered to serve a short time in prison, maybe that will teach him and others not to use a permanent marker in class.

Stop the world I want to get off
edit on 24-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Bit of an extreme reaction, don't think you used to be able to find a table in my school without a tag. the exam tables we used were a look back in time, in till they sanded them down

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Truly amazing... Stupidity reaches new heights...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Truly amazing... Stupidity reaches new heights...

I don't mean to correct you in any way, you are absolutly right.

I would say Government Sponsored Stupidity though.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Isn't school PUBLIC property? Or am I missing something here?

If it was, then any member of the public could enter and wander round as they please.

Aren't you glad they can't?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Teacher or cop.

School or prison.

Gets harder to tell everyday. They use force to get your kids there, herd them all in, lock the doors, and they belong to the state for 8 hours of this crap then they get shuttled home to sleep.

Private school or home school people. Public shouldn't be considered an option anymore. The less interaction you and your family has with the state the better.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

fireals? could you imagine if he also had nail clippers? he may have gotten the death penalty, that little terrorist./

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
agreeing with titen on this one. it could all be in context. maybe the kid is a wanna be tagger or wanna-be thug. hard to tell.
I'm not surprised however that this is coming from oklahoma. strangest and most backward place I've ever been. religious propaganda billboards everywhere, etc. very conservative state to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join