It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 13, Busted (arrested) For Illegal Marker Possession

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

www.thesmokinggun.com

DECEMBER 22--A 13-year-old boy was arrested Friday for using a permanent marker while in class at his Oklahoma City middle school, a violation of an obscure city ordinance.

According to an Oklahoma City Police Department report, the boy was spotted “in possession of a permanent marker” by Roosevelt Middle School teacher DeLynn Woodside. The 50-year-old educator told cop Miguel Campos that the student was “writing on a piece of paper, which caused it to bleed over onto the desk.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
And yet ANOTHER bizzare case involving our 'educational' system...

This one here I am just scratching my head over, going, "really?"

So the teacher performs a citizen's arrest arrest on said 13 year old student for being in possession of a 'sharpie' marker, which is 'illegal' under a city ordinance there to possess on private property, which leads me to the following question:

Isn't school PUBLIC property? Or am I missing something here?

Seems to be quite a bit of overkill to have the kid ARRESTED for a stupid marker pen, especially since he wasn't using it for graffiti, but simply writing on a piece of paper with it. I guess the teacher in some way considered it 'bleeding over onto the desk' a form of "indirect graffiti"? lol

Kind of ironically creepy she lists 'Sharpie permanent markers' as one of her likes on FB.

www.thesmokinggun.com
edit on 24-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is NWO and its basically terrorism against citizens targetting them constantly to break their spirit.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hang him I say !!!

First it's permanent markers and next thing you know he'll be planning to blow up the statue of liberty useing WMD he found on the internet...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
All I can say is this:

"OH! For #'s Sake!"

Please, mods, allow the obscenity - it is right!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So this stupid teacher is part of this NWO agenda is she?

Don't make me laugh!

I'll hazard a guess this isn't the first time she's done something like this.

She is the issue here, not the law and not the kid.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
A lot of kids are being abused by teachers.

Teachers get this "I am the boss" thing simply by being teachers.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

So this stupid teacher is part of this NWO agenda is she?

Don't make me laugh!

I'll hazard a guess this isn't the first time she's done something like this.

She is the issue here, not the law and not the kid.

Not the law that proceeded to take the kid downtown.?
Your kidding...

Campos reported that he allowed Woodside, a seventh grade math teacher, to “sign a citation” against the boy, who was then transported to the Community Intervention Center, a juvenile holding facility. A police sergeant subsequently “booked the marker into the property room.”

They should have arrested the stupid teacher or at the very least, let the kid go..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

What? You think the kid's still locked up?

This happened a week ago.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
wow, this is just..wow. Never thought I would hear something like this. Eh then again..why should I be surprised? Hm...that is just pathetic.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

What? You think the kid's still locked up?

This happened a week ago.

No I don't think that at all..
The fact that they even took him downtown to begin with begs belief..

It;s the teacher that should have been in the backseat of the cruiser,
not the innocent kid...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Due process I suppose.

Perhaps the family will sue the teacher.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

www.thesmokinggun.com

DECEMBER 22--A 13-year-old boy was arrested Friday for using a permanent marker while in class at his Oklahoma City middle school, a violation of an obscure city ordinance.

According to an Oklahoma City Police Department report, the boy was spotted “in possession of a permanent marker” by Roosevelt Middle School teacher DeLynn Woodside. The 50-year-old educator told cop Miguel Campos that the student was “writing on a piece of paper, which caused it to bleed over onto the desk.”

................wait....... this IS a joke.....right?..................if this is true i'm leaving this country.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Ok I cant get over this

I mean...instead of having the kid arrested...why couldnt the teacher be all like "Ok I saw that marker, don't have it about again you know the rules blah blah blah..."

Sounds like the teacher woke up a bit grumpy that morning.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
How does one go about home schooling in Wisconsin?
My five year old son will be entering kindergarten next fall, and boy does he love his markers!

What's a dad to do?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

So what you're saying is that a random veteran teacher deciding to perform a citizens arrest on a kid is in league with the NWO. So this teacher is in league with the NWO and TPTB?

Please tell me you're joking.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
A lot of kids just don't have common sense, nor have they been taught to respect the rights of others and could care less about property that does not belong to them. It is for these reasons that so many rules have to be made.

Children have to be taught to be responsible---to put a cardboard underneath a paper when using a marker that will bleed through. Kids don't stop to think about things like that. It defaces the furniture when ink bleeds through.

But, as no teacher can monitor any thoughtless kid with a marker all the time....and besides they DO use them for graffiti when prying eyes are not around....it stands to reason that a "no magic marker" rule is in order.

As far as arresting the kid---maybe he will learn to listen and come to have regard for the property of others. If parents were doing their jobs by instilling proper behavior maybe some of this would not be necessary.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

So what you're saying is that a random veteran teacher deciding to perform a citizens arrest on a kid is in league with the NWO. So this teacher is in league with the NWO and TPTB?

Please tell me you're joking.

Get over yourself. You and Chadwickus.

When most people talk about "NWO", "Police State" etc, they're referring to the philosophy, causing people to go ballistic over very minor things. No one is saying this teacher is an "NWO agent" or some nonsense.. I mean, really? Is that what you think, or are you just trying to discredit unity_99?

I wouldn't call it NWO, but I'd definitely say people are manipulated and disillusioned to the point where they do crazy things like arresting a kid over a permanent marker. Make of that what you will.
edit on 24-12-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Due process I suppose.

Perhaps the family will sue the teacher.

And you think that helps.?
So the tax payer foots the bill for an incompetent teacher and police that don't know or care about the law.?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It's illegal in Australia to carry around any instrument which can mark or engrave because of graffiti. You need a good reason to have a texta on you lol I got searched and fined for having a marker on me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join