It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the TSA swear an oath to protect the Constitution like I did?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I am wondering after considering the forth amendment challenge that the TSA has been working under for a while now, do they also swear an oath to defend the constitution from all enemies both foreign and domestic like I did many decades ago?

If they did I am wondering how they can uphold the constitution for the United States and ignore the forth amendment which states clearly that:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Here is a great blog post on the subject of corporate profits and the TSA scanners:
TSA Invasive Body Scan Technology

If these abuses of the Constitution are some executive branch suit's proverbial control freak wet dream then we have a problem. There are currently some 30 million sworn military vets. We might need to police this abuse and will be happy to serve once again.

edit on 23-12-2010 by wayouttheredude because: added link

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
A great relevant quote from Geoff Freeman, an executive vice president of the U.S. Travel Association, which set up the meeting with the Obama administration officials.

"You can't talk on the one hand about creating jobs in this country and getting this economy back on track and on the other hand discourage millions of Americans from flying, which is the gateway to commerce," he said.

This policy is destructive to American business. What other reason do we really need for ending it considering business is the source of our wealth as a nation?

edit on 23-12-2010 by wayouttheredude because: added quote

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I am wondering after considering the forth amendment challenge that the TSA has been working under for a while now, do they also swear an oath to defend the constitution from all enemies both foreign and domestic like I did many decades ago?

I'm sure TSA workers swear AT the constitution..
Like many in the WH..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Are you sure? Do you see a web based on an example of this auction?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

Are you sure? Do you see a web based on an example of this auction?

Did you really read what I said..?
Swear AT....It's sarcasm..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

OK I see what you are doing there. Swearing at the constitution. Sorry I was a bit slow last night when I was trying to figure out your point.

I was hoping someone might know if the TSA agents are sworn. When I was in the military I was sworn to uphold the constitution so I wondered if they were as well.

edit on 24-12-2010 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

new topics

top topics

join