It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Union Documentary...Excellent documentary about cannabis the true reason why its Illegal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by surfnow2

Prohibition creates narco-wealth, organized crime (especially BLUE organized crime), and promotes a master / slave mentality, while funding the immoral prison industrial complex.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Let's see. An amendment to the Constitution (18th) was necessary to make alcohol use illegal...

WHAT amendment was necessary making the use of marijuana illegal?

Oh? No such amendment??

THEN, no such "real" law.

Marijuana is not "really" illegal, therefore, "legalizing" it would be an admission that it's illegal to begin with.

Yes, I know, 1938, the US (corrupt) "justice" system made it "illegal".

Again, "if" it took a friggin' AMENDMENT to make something like alcohol illegal (and the 21st amendment reversing it), why is such a thing not required when it comes to pot?

Again, pot is not "really" illegal, at least in the USA! If anything is illegal, in the most classic sense, it's the US "justice" system, which is today just fraud, upon fraud, upon fraud.

JR

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

See its idiots like you that made it illegal in the first place, people that think pot is as bad as heroin or crack, and have zero experience with the drug or what it does at all.

Ofcourse I can't tell you to not express your opinion, im just saying people with your opinions create this problem in the first place.

im sure your one of those ppl that are perfectly fine with alcohol being legal.

As you do not know, marijuana has various medical properties along with the high, people have DIED from this plant being illegal, and you are claiming its just a pleasure thing.

Please, do us all a favor and research before you comment. otherwise continue to make yourself look like an idiot.

edit on 24-12-2010 by Quasar_La-Zar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Prohibition creates narco-wealth, organized crime (especially BLUE organized crime), and promotes a master / slave mentality, while funding the immoral prison industrial complex.

Exactly.

Prohibition creates the problems associated with drugs (violence, crime, ignorance)

It does not in anyway solve the problems of abuse or addiction.

It is as simple as that.

Liberty is the real issue.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Why do you say pot is useless?? I know of many uses for me personally I use it to relax and gather my thoughts, alcohol makes me feel tired and a bit dumb. Despite what many try to say, taking drugs IS ok, drugs have been used by humans for thousands of years for many reasons and in my opinion have prob helped with our cognitive evolution. I will be forever grateful to cannabis for helping ne deal with the death of my son, It helped me process my thoughts and also feel some emotion again, not once did I ever smoke to feel numb. Now im sure u don't need me to laundry list the medicinal, and productive benefits as I'm giving you benifit of the doubt that your not an idiot. one last thing im a surfer a real surfer and if you were a real surfer you would more respectful to the natural order of life, but it does seem that you are brain washed so you don't eat the sacred apple, go for a wave, and let nature teach you some lessons.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sooo, you didn't watch any of the vids and now you are a professional on pot?

look up the medicinal reasons for medical marijuana and then get back to us..

I hate posters like you..really do some research first..sheesh..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfnow2
Just like alcohol and cigarettes, marijuana has no useful purpose for being legalized. people arent responsible now, and we want to legalize something useless? its for pure pleasure plain and simple. instead of trying to legalize marijuana how about doing volunteer work, being productive, be a better role model. i am beside myself shaking my head as I hear people try and rationalize legalizing this crap. i used it back in the early 1990s it was fun for a few minutes and then it got old fast.

I think instead of telling others to be productive or do volunteer work you need to study the subject that you are stepping on. Its a natural plant that helps many people in many different ways. You are looking at the legalization of marijuana through the eyes of someone who sees the only purpose of cannabis is smoking it with your friends and acting like an idiot. The "crap" that should be illegal are the pharmaceutical drugs being abused by millions of people and the alcohol that causes accidents and the deaths of thousands each year. I really think you are just uneducated on cannabis, its uses, and history. I am not trying to promote cannabis, but i am NOT trying to take it away from a dying AIDS or cancer patient who refuses any pills because of the toll the pills do on the stomach..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The last time I made a post (not very long ago) about this subject, it was deleted and marked as "off topic". How pointing out the many facts associated with marijuana is off topic when discussing marijuana and drug policy is beyond me. So I will simply say, the video was great. I had never heard of this documentary before and I thank the OP for posting it. It is certainly worth watching.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm 23 and been jhonny blazin since 13, my mum, dad, gran, grandad, aunti and uncles blaze too
My great grandad blazed until he recently died at the grand age of 86. And no, it wasn't csancer.

Weed stimulates the mind, makes you think things you wouldn't normally think - which is always good.
My area is pretty fuked up, beeston leeds. And if it wasn't for weed I woul of been doin the same #, going out and
Paki bashing or fighting people from another post code. . . Ok not going to lie I did for a bit but I matured
And the weed helped me mature. Instead of going out sand fukin about I stayed in sometimes and blazin honestly made
Me see the bigger picture, not just this box of racial hatred that we were been fed at such a young age. I got up went out and realised life is much more than what out government are feeding us. I honestly would not have. . ." Seen the light" so to speak at such a young age if it wasn't for the weed

If weed gets legalized, keep it natural weed not skunk

Star and flag op x

Happy christmas all! I'm getting best christmas pressent, a beautiful daughter! We have been in hospital for 17 hours now, 3 in the morning over here! Had to post while r lass sleepin on the diamorphene!

Happy christmas x

edit on 24-12-2010 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
Well of course the Cannabis plant can be used for many different things which are mostly positive. But it is also being used for intoxication which is in no way positive. Drugs can destroy people's lives - when used too much. Most drug addicts and alcoholics are people who have problems in their life and only way they can deal with stress, pain, tensions in relationships, workplace and so on is using chemicals to make them feel better for some time. The fact is they are not solving problems but trying to ignore, forget them.

So hemp is good, drugs are bad, mkey!

The same can be said for Cheeseburgers. You did watch the documentary, yes?

edit on 24-12-2010 by AwakeinNM because: meh

edit on 24-12-2010 by AwakeinNM because: grr typo

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Marijuana did wonders for my personal and spiritual life.

Had it not of been for marijuana I would have stayed "asleep".

Marijuana opened my mind to the idea of "God", something that before I smoked seemed completely rediculous. It also enhanced my relationships with my friends as I began to understand "true" love and what it means. It gave me the belief that with hard work and faith anything is possible, which I have used in the workplace To help advance myself.

And those aren't even all the positives.

The only negative thing i've ever experienced with marijuana is a handful of anxiety attacks. Small price to pay.
Plus the reason I had anxiety was because of other chemicals I had put in my body.

All said and done marijuana will be what saves society in the future, you can mark my words. Even if you never smoke it, having a society that does not look at marijuana as "the devils lettuce" is a society on the verge of complete freedom.
edit on 24-12-2010 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Does any one know where i could download RUN FROM THE CURE - Full Version documentary if it is available for free distribution. I know a lot of people who could use an eye opener,and also help.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

there have been 5 confirmed OD deaths directly related to marijuana and countless deaths contributed to marijuana in accidents and other various crimes. there is nothing good about it. for medical purposes very strict guidelines. you see i have been on both side of the glass and it is startling as to what i see. do you know how many families i have had to tell them their spouse, child, father and mother have dies because they were under the influence of marijuana? quite a few. other then strict medical purposes there is no reason for it to be legalized and there is no one on here that can try and rationalize it. no one...... what purpose does it serve other then strict medical? i believe alot of things should be made illegal including alcohol and prescription drugs.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Provide the details for these alleged marijuana deaths. If this were true, then the media would be all over it like pigs in the proverbial.

Opinion is one thing, false statements are another.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Exactly, sources are needed on that. As far as I know, there have never been any deaths attributed to overdosing on marijuana... ever...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You said there have been 5 confirmed OD deaths directly related to marijuana and countless deaths contributed to marijuana in accidents and other various crimes. You better learn to check your facts before you start spilling you senseless rants about something you have no education on.

Read this to get your facts straight

First of all, There are NO known documented cases of Cannabis overdosing in the world. Cannabis in its natural state has not even closely caused an over dose. A human would have to consume by ingestion 1500 pounds of Marijuana in 15 mins to overdose. Now lets get back to your quote again...What you are referring to is Marinol, which is a Government made synthetic Drug based off of marijuana in its natural state. Again, if you actually educated yourself you would have know that. Assuming you were misinformed, I'll forgive you. So what have you learned? Marijuana in it's natural state has more pros than cons, does contain side effects, but is much much safer than most "legal" prescription drugs. It's genetically Government engineneered legal cousin Marinol is what is actually responsible for those 4-5 overdose deaths you speak of. If you do not have anything to bring to the table, by all means leave this thread and have a merry christmas.

Btw Cell phones cause more accidents and deaths than the stoned effects of consuming Marijuana
edit on 25-12-2010 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
Does any one know where i could download RUN FROM THE CURE - Full Version documentary if it is available for free distribution. I know a lot of people who could use an eye opener,and also help.

Here you go

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfnow2
other then strict medical purposes there is no reason for it to be legalized and there is no one on here that can try and rationalize it. no one......

I get the feeling you aren't for real...

Anyway, you are welcome to your opinion that cannabis shouldn't be smoked for fun.

However, when you try to physically enforce your opinion on other people you create violence, crime, ignorance, and give power to criminals.

The problems associated with drug use are caused and amplified by prohibition.

Use is not a problem, abuse and addiction is a problem and it is not solved by prohibition.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I agree with this.
no I dont smoke it or do any drugs.
I am not saying I never did.
if hemp has so many uses,
why dot other country's use it?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Here is what I find funny...now first understand I agree with the premise you espouse, however what research are you speaking about other then myopic, lets say last 20 years of research? Look just using the word research in your post doesnt mean you have actually done any. seriously give me some real un adulterated research to back up you deriding sentiment to that poster. I AM an herbalist, a botanical medical researcher who actually gets paid to make your claims.. that is so lame to shoot someone down with nothing to back it up from your own personal experience. And don't just copy and paste, I want YOUR research WITH sources. I can credit a number of sources be it the Kings Dispensary, or Maud Grieves Modern Herbal etc.. to the actual uses of Mary J. This BS modern portrayal of MJ is just that BS, and yes I have partaken quite a bit. The arrogance of people on this site is remarkable.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join