It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Union Documentary...Excellent documentary about cannabis the true reason why its Illegal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Before anyone wants to call me out and bring to my attention that this movie has already been posted...I am
very much aware of that. With that being said, it is an excellent documentary that should be brought to everyones attention again. Tonight is the first time I have ever watched this movie, and I have to say it hits the nail on the head. Why? Because it covers all aspects of the prohibition of cannabis, as well as the positive and negative effects it may or may not have. This Documentary is more than just a pro cannabis film. It brings to light the privatized prison system business, the pharmaceutical monopoly and control big pharma has on all citizens of the world who medically want just one thing...to enchance the quality of their life. Whether you are for or against marijuana legalization I urge you to consider that facts that this doumentary brings into the light. The truth shall we say, of our corrupt political system and incarceration of thousands of citizens each year that criminallize hard working people and set those people up for failure is most eye opening. There is a much bigger picture here than what our Gubberment and others in power want us to know.

I hope that this thread gets more attention than previously posted a year ago. This is change I want to believe in.

I posted this in Political madeness because it is just that

Google Video Link

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
OK I haven't watched it all yet, fascinating stuff that it is, so I don't know if you've covered the Rick Simpson part of the story.
Canadian farmer who researched a cure for cancer and found it in the form of the ingestion of 1 gm/day for 30 days of cannabis oil cured most cancer tumours.
Rick Simpson: Run From the Cure
www.youtube.com...

Good on you for shedding some truth on the matter.
Cheers.
edit on 24-12-2010 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

I have to agree op its an excellent pot-umentary, iv watched it a few times as i hav it on dvd.

TOP-B

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TÖP_BÜZzËR

I have to agree op its an excellent pot-umentary, iv watched it a few times as i hav it on dvd.

TOP-B

Pot-umentary??? Oh Please

I am not a big fan of recreational drugs in cluding alcohol. My big beef is that all the cannabis smokers I know are not particularly active in the movement for legalisation. In fact the legalisation of cannabis movement seems to have gone up in smoke (Groan)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

TOP-B

I am not a big fan of recreational drugs in cluding alcohol. My big beef is that all the cannabis smokers I know are not particularly active in the movement for legalisation. In fact the legalisation of cannabis movement seems to have gone up in smoke (Groan)

Did you watch the documentary and can you refute the information? Its cool you don't like drugs personally, but what about everyone else who has to deal with being a criminal for improving their life, or those who have no self control and create a health problem for themselves and then have to deal with legal action on top of it?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That was a great documentary, unrefutable in it's facts and damn infuriating in it's exposure as far as being used as a weapon against us.
Clearly points out that the benefits far outweigh any harmful effects if at all there are any.

Thanks OP, very enlightening, although I was aware of most of the info as I've read the book The Emperor Wears No Clothes: The Authoritative Historical Record of Cannabis and the Conspiracy Against Marijuana, which I sincerely recommend to anyone interested in the subject...www.amazon.com...

It's high time (pun intended) people became aware of the travesty of it's criminalization.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A war on pharmaceutical companies needs to be waged in order to bring down outdated, draconian and corrupt laws governing the production and consumption of marijuana. As much as I'd like to believe it is possible to 'free the weed', big profit from big pharma is here to stay. These are our plants - provided by nature with multi-faceted benefits. We cannot criminalize products that have as much a natural right to be on this planet as we do.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Cant watch the doc....
But, I have found that the PTB have used the prohibiton of Cannabis, to criminally marginalize many.
The US has been particularly rabid in its attempts to stomp out the use of this basically innocuous substance, that has shown great promise in dealing witn many medical conditions.
The blatant outright lies of goverment in this campaign have been well documented, and the effects of cannibis have been shown to be far less harmful than other legal substances.
There has got to be a good reason they still seek to persecute its use.
My personal belief on this is that the use of cannabis , nullifies much of the conditioning that the PTB have tried to instill in the populace.As well as posing some simple cheap remedies ,and better longer lasting fabrics.This is the primary reason for the intense persecution of those involved in this victimless crime.
The US goverment owned by a class of elite corporate entities, keeps persecuting those whom the corporations desire to be persecuted.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The advert at the top of the screen pre-log in is for drugfreeworld.org who basically say drugs are bad ummh-kay.

ATS has made its choice and it's pro-money and not pro-denying ignorance.

Great OP and to paraphrase Bill Hicks, 'the arguments against drugs are false and thanks to my use of mind altering substances I can see through the lies' end quote

Ultimately it boils down to happiness, a happy person will not do drugs because there is no mental need, and vice-versa but anti-drug advocates have a naive world view.

Peace

PS Why is it illegal? Follow the money all the way to the CIA and White House.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
In my opinion Cannabis was made illegal for a number of reasons, most of them related to keeping the sheeple sheeple.

How many stoners do you know that are avidly for a political party? I know none, pretty much all my stoner friends agree politics is a sham.

How many stoners do you know that happily work 9-5 jobs or any job for that matter? I know none, in fact all the stoners I know refuse and quit jobs that they do not like.

Here's What Cannabist Can Do To You:
1) Make you completely dissatisfied with your job and give you a complete intolerance for any bureaucratic bull#.
2) Over time create a massive brain-shift in brain-activity from the left-side to the right-side.
3) Let's you appreciate everything rather than worry about stupid things all the time.
4) Puts you directly into the cosmic flow of energy and gets you out of time.
5) Literally unleashes creative power that has been stored up, and give the right situation transforms even the most hopeless artist/writer/whatever into a genius.
6) Contact Highs: Even the people most staunchly opposed to marijuana when unknowingly in the presence of very high individuals will get a contact high.
7) Gives even the most sheep-like peons a direct intuition that there is much more behind the curtain than President/Congress.
8) Relaxes you. No need to worry about paying taxes, you'll get to them. Oh, and you need a new toothbrush, or at least the sheep in you wants to spend money, but hey don't worry, your toothbrush is fine man.
9) Enables any situation a certain humor that can only be described as high-humor. That cosmic sense that nothing is serious. God is laughing with us, we are sorry if we offend you, but you will understand later or whatever.
10) Schedule? The key to good sheeple is to have them establish a routine and schedule. I say # the schedule man, who needs it. Weed lets you realize routine is bland and experience is life. Schedule is the death of your mind.
11) Provides a very healthy, better tasting, safer, and more intense alternative to cigarettes.

# it, dude, let's go bowling

edit: i mean c'mon the big lebowski is a movie about the ups and downs and daily ridiculousness a stoner goes through, i do'nt normally quote it because it's so cliche but with all the jeff bridges films out lately, why not. it perfectly sums up the stoner attitude.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I enhance the quality of my life everyday.

I would encourage others to do the same.

The only reason marijuana is illegal is because they make too much money off it being illegal and it poses a serious threat to the profits of big pharma, the oil industry, paper industry, clothing industry, and a stunning amount of other fields.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

Originally posted by tiger5

TOP-B

Did you watch the documentary and can you refute the information? Its cool you don't like drugs personally, but what about everyone else who has to deal with being a criminal for improving their life, or those who have no self control and create a health problem for themselves and then have to deal with legal action on top of it?

Its because the pot heads are SMART enough to know that legalization is BAD.
Think for a moment, what happens when it goes legal? The gov't happens, that's what.
Im in cali and work in the medical marijuana field, its been decriminalized here which is exactly what you want.. Already we have cities and state gov't scrambling to centralize it and get their cut of the $$$.
Chico, Oakland, and Redding have all proposed multiple warehouses for the city to grow marijuana in, which plan on producing over 300lbs a week.

If marijuana was legalized the FDA would roll in and you would suddenly find it illegal to grow your own cannabis because "its not safe". Here let uncle sam manage growing it for you, go pick it up at Walmart for the same price it was on the black market. why? oh yeah, TAXES.

Im just gonna stop here, it gets ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Interesting introduction of this nearly 2 hour video. It sparked my interest but it is Christmas Eve and it may be days before I can invest such time to view it. I will say so far however that I wasn't aware of the superior qualities of hemp, in textile and especially paper production. That right there could be a way to reestablish slow growth tree forests in this country, instead of those fast growing weed trees they plant for harvesting sooner for paper. Besides one would think with the paperless computer age slow growth tree forests should be coming back to America in our children's lifetime.

Don't you just hate going out in the woods to see all of the trees about the same size, about the same nondescript
'species'? And just think how beautiful autumn colors can be for our children one day, or at least their children. Now that right there gives me a 'high'.

Merry Christmas.

I hope this thread lasts till I get a chance for a full viewing.

I will not comment about 'smoking pot' at this juncture. I believe anyone who has ever 'smoked pot' is well aware of it's real effects on personal ambition, performance, and creativity. However I would also add that the effects of legally drinking alcohol, may effect more of human dexterity and thought process involved in making rational decisions than smoking some kind bud does.

Thanks for the thread, I hope the timing of which doesn't compromise any message one may become more aware of through viewing the video.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
By far one of the best Docs I've seen in a long time. thanks for bringing it up. I have never seen it. I always believed pot was good for man. Even when I was young I could see the good compared to other drugs and booze. I actually had a friend who got Cerveix(sp?) Cancer. I told her right off the bat, look at pot before they go for Chemo. Mainly because like this doc, I heard it was more helpful the pumping synthetic medicine into your system. I will be spreading this around to friends so they can know what I know now. Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well what we need is for cannabis to be decriminalized, rather than legalization.

Taxes or not, someone is still going to be making free money off of it wither it be victims of the Federal/Governmental mafia or what ever. It's not possible for it to get any worse than prohibition, the black market will always be there to run back to for the consumers so long there are people still willing to buy. I'd like to see some competition so my local prices would drop.

Though to the contrary, it's mostly the dealers and the like who are against prohibition. It put's them out of business, assuming that the prices are competitive.

To me, the most important thing would be for respectful tokers to no longer get ridiculed for doing what they do.

The legalization movement is still going strong. Washington State alone has two chances for decriminalization in 2011.
edit on 24-12-2010 by Scarcer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hot peppers are also a medication accelerant. Tomatoes, hot peppers, and fresh Mancini's bread, are great antidotes for the munchies!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
People are stupid no matter were you go. How can people (despite what was told) believe that one plant is illegal !

I am not a user of the plant. But support any idea of reason. If you ask a person whom is against hemp "why" , will say that it is a drug !?! All because they were told ! People who believe in stories more than 2000 years old are easy to fool .

RUN FROM THE CURE - The Rick Simpson Story (Part 4 of 7)
edit on 24-12-2010 by MightyWizard because: to add : the vid is on youtube

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ah yes The Union was one of the best marijuana documentaries I've ever watched. Very informing while backing up their statements with facts and evidence. Even learned things I didn't know about weed as well. Highly recommend for non-believers of this stuff. On a side note I am reading 'Cannabis: Philosophy for everyone' it integrates weed with society, culture and philosophy while making some key points about the topics and its effect on different cultures.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There are a lot worse drugs you can buy at the chemists, but these are Ok because the governments can make money from them. If you can get anything for free, it's outlawed. As for good/bad effects on society, nothing does more damage than Alcohol, but Alcohol is Ok because the Government makes money from it.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
TasteTheTruth is most correct: "The only reason marijuana is illegal is because they make too much money off it being illegal and it poses a serious threat to the profits of big pharma, the oil industry, paper industry, clothing industry, and a stunning amount of other fields".

Our government gets big money from dealing in marijuana and they in turn use that money for their black op operations because that money is "non accountable".

Also Big Pharma is one of if not the strongest lobbyists in DC and we all know that the corporations own our government not the people.

There is too much profit in marijuana and it's a common weed that if legalized, anyone could grow.

Alcohol is way more damaging and dangerous, as well as alcohol shuts down your third eye and that is what "they" want.

Medical studies also show that a tincture of marijuana can cure cancer.

Below is from Jim Marr's book, The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy (can get the hard back for only $12.33 at DiscountBookSale.com/free shipping on first order). Jim has several sections where he talks about the conspiracy of why our government is keeping marijuana illegal.

According to MORML executive director Allen St. Pierre, of those arrested for marijuana violations, approximately 89% (775,138 Americans) were only charged with possession. "These numbers belie the myth that police do ot target and arrest minor cannabis offenders," said St. Pierre. "This effort is a tremendous waste of criminal justice resources that diverts law enforcement personnel away from focusing on serious and violent crime, including the war on terrorism...The remaining 97,583 individuals (11%) were charged with "sale/manufature," a category that includes all cultivation offenses, even those where the marijuana was being grown for personal or medical use.

Often those arrested are guilty of victimles crimes. One twenty-year old Texas man used to make money selling small amountws of pot. He had a deal with local deputies-if he was caught, he had to share some of his stashbefore the cops left him alone. But the twenty year old made a mistake when he was stopped in an adjoining Texas county. After being arrested for possession of a small quantity of weed, the man was offered probation, but could not afford the probation fees and was forced to plead guilty. He now carries a felony record for the rest of his life with all the restrictions that implies." Page 186-187 Jim Marrs "The Trilllion Dollar Conspiracy"

Our government is making big money in many ways by keeping marijuana illegal.

I am not a drug fiend, In fact, I only did a little pot over 35+ years ago in college. I would never consider doing it again unless it became legal because I really fear being jailed and branded a criminal.

In my 40+ years of driving I have only had one ticket and one warning. I make a complete stop at all stop signs and never go through a yellow.

But pot being illegal is wrong, stupid and corrupt...........our government will never legalize it, it's a miracle plant that would put a big dent in big pharma's profits as well as all the businesses that thrive on running prisons and our government, that secretly imports and sells it on the black market at exorbitant prices again to fund their black op operations.

There are several sections in "The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy" that Jim Marrs talks about how and why our government is keeping this plant illegal............there's a whole hosts of reasons and none of them in the people's best interest.

Now, as far as conspiracies; I found that when I did grass - my esp or physic abilities really kicked in and TPTB don't want people to become aware - "they" (think of "They Live") want us to remain in a perpetual state of sleep in the matrix.

Pot to me was liken to when George Nada (Roddy Piper) put on the sunglasses in the movie, "They Live". No I didn't see aliens, but I did experience going back to the oneness from which we all emanated from. I also lost my uptightness feeling and most importantly saw the godness of everyone..............which resulted in a move loving feeling towards others and TPTB really don't want that, because if all of mankind was connected and felt a true unconditional love - the dark forces that currently rule our planet would find their power dissolved like when Dorothy threw the water on the wicked witch in the "Wizard of Oz".

Again, I am not an advocate of criminal activities, or what is classified as "hard drugs" however, it ought to be up to all adult individuals as to what they can and cannot put into their bodies, if we are truely a "free country" which we aren't, that's an illusion.

Read my location.

I'm not talking about getting totally trashed or wasted, I'm talking moderation.

But TPTB don't want the general public to become aware and awake.
edit on 24-12-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join