It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother addicted to computer games strangles child: police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

People make choices.

Many times people make bad choices.

But to take away their choice? Is worse still.

Let some 'do-gooder' start taking choices away and you're nothing but a bunch of cattle.

Don't climb on the 'do-gooder' bandwagon people - it's wheels will some day roll right over you and your family too if you do.

peace

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Seriously, I am with you on this one...I am terrified of trying to get my son off his L.O.L and WoW and Runescape games...truly terrified...is there a hotline?

See, this is where the problem lays, in my opinion.

You don’t want your kid on those games (or drugs or whatever) - So what do you do? You look for the government (a ‘hotline’) and outside source to ‘fix it’.

But bear with me here! I’m also posting in your defense, I mean in all fairness - maybe you don’t have a choice - and that’s the juxtaposition.

You’re working maybe two jobs to keep your kids fed and clothed and that leaves your kids alone for the majority of their after school time. Or your a one parent family - making it even more impossible to regulate what your child does and spend time with them.

So yeah, it’s easy for us to say: ‘Turn off the freaking machine and give your kid some attention’ -

But - where will you find the time? And where will you find the energy after working like a dog all day?

Or - where will you find the money to get your kid involved in an after school group? The cost of camps, or hobbies, or sports? And by paying for these ‘services’ all you're doing, again, is sacrificing more of the time you could be with your child to pay to turn your child's life over to someone else to raise! (The coach, the scout leader, etc).

I dunno folks, it’s a dog-chasing it’s tail situation.

I really feel sorry for people trying to raise kids these days.

Even the active parents who get together to form a coop to watch kids after school while parents work to keep their children occupied and off the streets, off drugs, video games and computers? They've a whole other worry! Just WHO is watching your kids! (Pedophiles, etc).

What a freaking loose-loose situation!

My respect to you, and my wishes you find a way out of your situation.

peace

edit on 24-12-2010 by silo13 because: Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

We only really exist in the mind of others our whole identity is based on how we intemperate how others perceive us

...we only really exist in the mind of others?... no... if that were true, when i smash my finger with a hammer, i would feel nothing unless someone was around to witness it...

...our whole identity is based on how we intemperate how others perceive us?... no... if that were true, there would be no such thing as a self-absorbed ego...

...we are what we perceive ourselves to be (which includes how we interpret how others see us) but we are also how others see us that we have no idea about... thats i see it...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

basically, from what i take from the spirit of the article (not your words, just words of the MSM in general) is that it's never an individuals fault.

So, with that in mind, i think we should ban wallets, watches, rings, chains, earrings, money, ipods, laptops...you know...things people get killed over when they get mugged?

Because it can't be the crimianls fault...it's Apples fault for making such a desirable product.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join