It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 66
<< 63  64  65   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by breakherlegs

I'm not against someone wanting a homo relationship if they choose. I am against marriage.

When it comes down to it a humans main purpose is to procreate and continue the species. Two same sex people can't do this(naturally). I know there are ways women can get pregnant and whatnot... but marriage should be for heterosexuals only. When that sanctity is broken by someone having more than one divorce I don't think they should be allowed to get married again either.

As for your last question... if you thought like a man you would truly understand why we think every gay guy wants to jump our bones.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
I'm not against someone wanting a homo relationship if they choose. I am against marriage.

I think that is one of the most ridiculous statements any anti-gay person can make. And I'm tired of hearing it.

Don't tell me you are not anti-gay - - - just against gay people marrying. That's bogus and a cop out.

Legal marriage is a government contract protecting rights and property of those joining together as one union/household. It makes no difference what their gender is.

NOTHING - - - in the government license makes any reference to procreation or god. Plenty of heteros choose not to procreate and the numbers are increasing. Also - - Atheists can marrying with no objections.

Marriage is mostly about commitment. It certainly isn't necessary for procreation.

Their is zero realistic reason same gender can not join together legally. Ancient religious text is not a realistic reason.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It's not bogus OR a cop out. Just as I am against people getting married once a year I'm against gays getting married. I have worked with, hung out with, partied with and had long conversations with gay people. I'm not opposed to homosexuality. If thats your cup of tea then go for. Marriage, however, should be between man and woman who want to start a family.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It's not bogus OR a cop out. Just as I am against people getting married once a year I'm against gays getting married. I have worked with, hung out with, partied with and had long conversations with gay people. I'm not opposed to homosexuality. If thats your cup of tea then go for. Marriage, however, should be between man and woman who want to start a family.

I just celebrated my 22nd wedding anniversary to my husband. I am not homosexual.

Legal government marriage today is a contract to protect rights and property of those joining together as one household/family. Which means protection of children who are a part of that union. Yes! Let's make it about the children.

The history of marriage is not pretty. Women had no rights - - were sold - bartered - used for political alliances.

That is the marriage - - - that was about furthering a bloodlines or melding political alliances by producing an heir.

The Sanctity of Marriage is an archaic crock - - - when put in terms of procreation.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well you have your opinion and I have mine.
I can go on and on about life "not being fair" but I don't let it bother me. I have my views as you have yours. The only difference is I don't call your views a 'cop out' or a 'crock' because I don't agree.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Well you have your opinion and I have mine.
I can go on and on about life "not being fair" but I don't let it bother me. I have my views as you have yours. The only difference is I don't call your views a 'cop out' or a 'crock' because I don't agree.

Let's be clear on exactly what was stated:

Originally posted by Annee

I think that is one of the most ridiculous statements any anti-gay person can make. And I'm tired of hearing it.

Don't tell me you are not anti-gay - - - just against gay people marrying. That's bogus and a cop out.

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65   >>

join