It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

I honestly don't mean to offend, but I must ask. Do gays prefer to be called gay, or homosexual? Homosexual seems like such a ridiculous term and gay can be seen as offensive. And because our society doesn't really discuss it from a wide angle, I am unsure as to their preferences.

I would say most prefer "gay" to homosexual -- the latter sounds so clinical and has been associated with a lot of negatives thru history. Personally I use the term gay very sparingly in my real life because I hate to be boxed in by what people associate with the word. For starters I am more of a serious person than a gay one

Although I have an attraction for women that on rare occasion pops up, I don't like using "bi" because once again people begin to assume things about you that aren't necessarily true.

If you are straight, using "gay" is pretty safe, whereas gay people can actually call themselves whatever they want. I use 'fag" but hate it when a straight person says it. Some like to call themselves "queer" but it would be unadvisable for a straight person to use it; again, because historically and still today straights use it as a put-down.

"Friend" is a good word.

Thanks for asking.

edit on 1/2/2011 by wayno because: thnks

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

So disturbed people who think pedaphilia is ok because they cant fight the urdge, is normal?

Should we let rapests and murderers go free because some simply cant help it?

Im not saying that being gay should fall in this kind of catagory of filth and unhumanity, but, for some, it's just as disgusting as lusting after a 2 year old or infant child...

You see, the problem is, what some people think is ok, other people feel is appauling. Yet, one side demands that the other side accept it. If you can not, does that mean that those persons are any less persons? No, it just means we believe diffrent things. I would be greatful that the witch hunt is now only words and not the sticks and stone of old.

So... At what point does child molestation become the norm? How far off? Apparently it was something big in the 70s, from what the pope says. Why cant it come back? For those that say "yeah but those are priests". Sorry... Not only priests are doing this, those are just the ones that couldnt be touched by law in those years past. Now that it's common knowledge, it will be terribly hard not to prosecute a priest. Not only priests, but preachers, brothers, deacons, the guy down the block, the woman next door, and the babysitter.

How many people in the country alone would be ok with a gay man babysitting their 8 year old son? My sister in law was willingly involved with a man and his wife (babysitters for her) when she was just a pre-teen. She is gay now and looks at it as something really natural for her and where she began her sexual prefrence. She didnt have anything to do with the man in this, as he meerly let his wife take control, as she was the one with the lesbian fantasies.. This is messed up by any and all standards. With a child! Sure, they said their sorry's when she was an adult and all things "put behind them". Was it really? Was it the start of how my sister in law was made to think? She was a kid! How in the 9 hells can someone so young know what their choices are if those choices are introduced for her before she's old enough to make up her mind? Why is her big thing to "turn straite girls?

So, to me, it's not my acceptance of gays that is important. It's the acceptance that people are not gay that should be the big issue. Remember, we came first. If someone wants to be gay, by all means, do what you will. This doesnt mean that you have to force feed it to me. I simply dont believe in it, nor do I want to, and I certainly dont want my children to be exposed to it as something thats "normal or ok", as it is not, any more than they have to be.

btw, the poster that mentioned certain pleasure spots on the human anatomy... Gee fella, do ya think it's more reasonable to say that these glands for men are there for other reasons? If that's what their sole function is, do ya think we would still exist as a human race? Wouldnt we be extinct? G-spot? Really? Funny how no two people can describe where this is and be on the same page. Many dont even believe it exists. Yet, I know exactly where to touch my wife and it's not where you think is. I hate to say this to people I dont know, but my wife has mentioned to me that there are 3 diffrent kinds of extacy she feels, depending on what is taking place. I've never had someone push on my prostate, and they never will. But I can tell you, nothing compares to the natural way things feel when I'm with my wife. Nothing. Anything else is just stupid to me and asking for trouble.

Do you know what happens in the body when fecal matter is in contact with blood? Digestive system? Is that natural? Sorry, this is how sickness can begin and in some cases can even be fatal.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
reply to post by Brood

So disturbed people who think pedaphilia is ok because they cant fight the urdge, is normal?

OH Gawd - Not Again!

Have you read the thread? I mean have you gone back and read all the posts?

The whole discussion on this ignorance has been done - - its in the thread. Go read it.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Brood

Im not saying that being gay should fall in this kind of catagory of filth and unhumanity, but, for some, it's just as disgusting as lusting after a 2 year old or infant child...

Murder has a victim.
Rape has a victim.
Child molestation has a victim.
Who is the victim of gay sex?

I would suggest that if you equate your gay friend having sex with rape and murder, he probably does not consider you a real good friend back. I once made a pasta dish that some of my friends actually thought was disgusting. The first one that told me that my cooking was as disgusting as rape or murder would have been the first one off my Christmas card list.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Both of you should read a few posts prior. I was making a specific point about a specific statement. Just because it's been said before doesnt mean you cant just throw it out.

If I am to accept the world of Gay as the norm, then you have to show me just how many gay people have not been molested, had no childhood trauma in life, or had some flip of the switch scenerio that made things that way for them. This is my personal view. Again, YES I do have gay friends... Does it mean I have to agree with their sexuality? No. The ones called "friend" here, actually accept this and understand that it's not for me. Do I ridicule them? No. Do I try to change them? No. But we joke about them needing a good woman and me turning gay because of how women are in particular these days.

I am open minded.. But if you show me something that has no basis or no way to counter what I beleieve, then i'm sorry, you'll have to do better to change my mind.

I've heard the victim thing and for the most part, it's BS. How many women wake up the next day and feel raped after the fact because they woke up in an empty bed and realised that they were used? It can be argued that some or most children could be considered willing because they did not fight, nor have the understanding to do so. As far as gay sex being without a victim, I dissagree. My sisinlaw was completely for what happen. It was a sexual urdge in her that just happen to be claimed by a woman before she knew were to place it on her own. She explained this. She feels no regret about it as she is what she is. To me she was a victim, to her, she was nothing less than willing.

At what age are you no longer considered a victim? At what mindset? How do you know that everyone is mentaly stable and capable enough to make those choices on their own? Just because you look normal on the outside and 30 years old, means nothing at all. Ive met some pretty unstable men and women who are gay. Many of those women have children from a previous encounter. I've seen gay men lust after women, but only with certain qualities... With so much contradicting information, I would like to see a common reason as to why, but I dont. It ranges through so many diffrent reasons that I simply can not believe that it's just normal for some people.

Yet again, I dont think it makes someone less a friend. I think gays should be as open minded as many of the people who accept them... Only then can they play the acceptance game with the people who find it more appauling.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Both of you should read a few posts prior. I was making a specific point about a specific statement. Just because it's been said before doesnt mean you cant just throw it out.

I never did any such thing. I actually addressed it directly and instead of responding to that, you accuse me of just throwing it out?

If I am to accept the world of Gay as the norm, then you have to show me just how many gay people have not been molested, had no childhood trauma in life, or had some flip of the switch scenerio that made things that way for them. This is my personal view.

Why? Straight people are victims of abuse too. Do you need that same verification about the straight? I am sure your gay friends do appreciate you equating them with rapists, murderers, and suggesting they are gay because they are damaged goods though. Looks to me like you did not like my direct response to you so you just threw it out.
edit on 2-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I touched specificly on everything you said. I didnt throw anything you said out. I addessed them.

I was not comparing them as I did mention that fact. I simply said that, just because you see an apple at a distance doesnt mean it's not something else.

No, you would not have to show me examples, because I could just come back and say that these were people who overcame or did not wallow in such things because of it. And furthermore, as I said, who can say that these people are mentaly capable of handling those issues as others are able to do?

My point in this is... Since most of the world can agree that gay is NOT the norm, you would have to explaine all of the details to come up with a conclusion as to the possible reasons why people are gay. I think being strait is the controled experiment.... Im not saying that it's NOT genetic, I just dont believe it is. If you dont accept that, it's ok... I dont accept being gay as anything other than personal divulgances. Does it mean I hate you? Certainly not. I just think you're confused, just as you believe I may be too narrowminded to accept such things.. I could say the same that gays should also accept that there are people that simply dont feel that what they do is normal or "ok".

(shrugs) Accept it or not, it's a reality. We just need to ask questions and pull ourselves out of "asshole" mode and be reasonable and not so quick to judge. (waiting for someone to come back and say that I'm being the judge here - which is farther from the truth). Im simply stating my possition here. If it's not welcome, then by all means, neither is the OP in this matter.

If you cant accept someones counter arguments, then perhaps your argument should be silent.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
I never did any such thing. I actually addressed it directly and instead of responding to that, you accuse me of just throwing it out?

I fully acknowledge it is not good discussion practice to throw up your hands and say: "OH! GAWD!".

But how many times must this be addressed? Its probably discussed in every single thread with Gay in the title.

I now defer to Sinnthia - - who currently has more patience then I do.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I touched specificly on everything you said. I didnt throw anything you said out. I addessed them.

No, you really didn't at all. You just used the word "victim." I really have no idea how your rant about victimhood applies to what I posted to you. I also know that you started by saying that I tossed your response out because it had been covered. Using one word that someone else used is not the same as actually addresssing what they said. I get it. You have gay friends that you think say are not normal until such time that they can prove their homosexuality is not a result of childhood trauma. I am sure they appreciate that a ton. Sorry, I was just asking who the victim of gay sex was in relation to the victim of rape and murder. See, rape and murder are non-consentual acts. They inherently have a victim. I wanted to know who the victim was in a gay relationship. That was really all I asked.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

How many people in the country alone would be ok with a gay man babysitting their 8 year old son?

How many people in the country alone would be ok with a straight man babysitting their 8 year old daughter?

Well, to be perfectly honest...

btw, the poster that mentioned certain pleasure spots on the human anatomy... Gee fella, do ya think it's more reasonable to say that these glands for men are there for other reasons? If that's what their sole function is, do ya think we would still exist as a human race? Wouldnt we be extinct? G-spot? Really? Funny how no two people can describe where this is and be on the same page. Many dont even believe it exists. Yet, I know exactly where to touch my wife and it's not where you think is. I hate to say this to people I dont know, but my wife has mentioned to me that there are 3 diffrent kinds of extacy she feels, depending on what is taking place. I've never had someone push on my prostate, and they never will. But I can tell you, nothing compares to the natural way things feel when I'm with my wife. Nothing. Anything else is just stupid to me and asking for trouble.

I would have no issue with a gay man babysitting my children.

I would have an issue with any many babysitting my children if he were to claim he can disprove the pleasure derived through prostate stimulation by discussing his wife's reactions to being touched.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This thread is a prime example of how the MSM owns each and every one of us "civilized" people.

This site is supposed to deny ignorance and here it is.

55 pages of dribble over difference.

Humans are 99% alike and we focus on the 1%.

I hold to my original observation. This thread is my gay friend.

Peace
edit on 2-1-2011 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by seeashrink

I used to feel somewhat like you did until I came to an understanding of why people are gay and then it all made sense. It actually is quite natural and part of the journey of the human soul. We go through many lifetimes as both male and female in our progression to higher planes and Gay people are those who were the opposite sex in thier previous life to the current one. So if one was female in thier immediate previous life and several lifetimes before that they may have trouble adjusting to the new male polarity in thier most recent life, hence you have people feeling like they are a woman trapped in a man's body and vice versa or just a strong attraction to the same sex. It may take them a lifetime to adjust and they will not show it till their next life as a male.

In earlier times it has been taught that they should focus on adjusting to thier new polarity but religion of course turned it into a terrible crime or sin. When people have sex with the same sex so both are the same polarization it can throw thier energies out of balance, this is why gays are often very unhappy and not just because of societal perceptions. So those who are gay should try to learn to accept thier male or female polarization as your soul has sent you into this body for your progress.

However they are not to be condemned as abominations or discriminated against etc. and it is not an excuse to persecute them in any way shape or form. It is thier choice and as I said it may take them a lifetime so live and let live and stop condemning gays they are part of the human family as much as you are and not some monsters. And you were probably gay in a few lifetimes your self when you switched polarities so get over it.

Inevitably some will say well I don't believe in reincarnation. To that I say it is not a matter of belief it is a matter of Scientific proof. See the Work of Dr Ian Stevenson: reluctant-messenger.com...

edit on 23-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Thanks for this post. I have thought along the same lines for some time. I do think some are drawn to the same sex from their earliest memories of attraction, and some are repelled from the opposite sex due sexual and/or mental abuse.

I struggled with this issue for many years. I have tried both sides of the fence. I was raised Christian, always loved God, and going to church. I was also always called peculiar. I was a tomboy, won every competition I ever got into with boys, and never liked "girls" toys. I had the very best of tonka trucks, was the only girl on a boys baseball team and beat the coaches son out for second base. I am unnaturally strong for a woman and very athletic. Did I have an easy time? No, of course not. I did not fit in with lil girl games and communication and felt they were conniving, sneaky and back stabbers while boys had the best of everything and were typically honest to a fault. They had no problem telling you to your face they did not like your and why. I made boys feel very uncomfortable because well, I was better at all the sports and more competitive than any boy I ever met. I was just a tomboy. Growing into maturity I dated young men and did the typical things a young lady would do growing up in America. But, I never connected deeply with any males. There was just this energy block and I could not connect with them. But, I had very close friendships with girls. I eventually married and had children, but in the long run for a lot of reasons, it did not work out.

I finally admitted my attraction to women and am happy now. I have a life partner, and while things are not perfect I feel I am centered now more than ever. I have never felt "feminine". I have never understood mean people. I have never wanted to be anything than what I am, and yet I have never fit in with society ever. I am a free thinker, conservative, healer, and bible scholar. I believe in Jesus, and yet there is that whole anti-gay aspect to Christianity. It is a problem, but I truly cannot be anyone than who I am.

Ultimately I will follow the path of unconditional love and let God be my judge. I'd like to get through one complete day of walking in the world without one negative thought and only uplifting people. It's hard to do when one works in retail in customer service, but I'm learning. I guess my point in sharing all this is to try to let others see a little that it's not always about choice. I know many would just say "your demon possessed and if you could get rid of that then you wouldn't be gay." I've heard it all before. I was not born demon possessed. I am not demon possessed, and there is nothing wrong with me. If it's a choice then I would choose to connect with men and be straight but it has never happened for me. I love men, and yet there is no connection energetically for me with them. I can tell you this though, they are much more fun to play football with than a bunch of girls who are afraid to break a nail.

Thanks for reading, and maybe one day I will know what being feminine is.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Serenity08

I just want to say - - those who are gay - - and raised in a deep god faith - - sometimes live with extreme guilt.

DON'T

They may have more difficulty accepting themselves - - then those around them.

ACCEPT YOURSELF

You are God's creation - - in your perfect form - - as God made you.

No One - - has the right to question God's reason for same sex attraction.

I once asked the question: "If anyone can give me a reason for fleas - - I might just believe". Then I read a story about a woman who was in a Nazi concentration camp. Several women were housed together in a flea infested shack. One of them had a baby. They invented ways to hide the baby and keep the baby quiet. Fleas made it possible. Although barracks were supposed to be inspected (more like raided) every day - - - none of the guards would enter this flea infested shack.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the flea story, and remember reading of it a long time ago. There is just too much anger/fear and not enough love and forgiveness. The ptb have us chasing our tails while they move a step closer everyday to their master plan. The odd thing is that I know God is ultimately in control and told us all of this a long time ago. Keep your oil lamp filled and be ready. Never fret for evil people succeeding. God will sort it all out in the end.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

When did he equate gays with these classes of people (at least in the previous post as I haven't read every page of this thread)? His post was among the most reasonable I saw on either side of the aisle. I can't prove this, so I don't ask you to accept it, but I have first hand experience of magnetic switches and the like. Plus, I have known many, many gay people. Some I still consider friends, as they do me. I do not believe that homosexuality is innate, although I do believe certain genetics are more heavily predisposed. I have known too many whose parents' behavior, childhood trauma, etc. could all have acted as triggers to create this mentality. This does not mean you do not respect and love the individual, but it does not mean I have to engage in the utilitarian lie or noble lie of continually spouting that homosexuality is a born trait. The science does not back this up, except for the fact that certain genetic markers are more predisposed, but not even remotely guaranteed, to influence the individual to be gay.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have no gay friends but I am also not opposed to people doing what they want to, as long as it doesn't involve me in any way. And it isn't because I reject their friendship but because I haven't met a gay person who would suit me as a friend. I also haven't met a gay person in a long time.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
. . . . , but it does not mean I have to engage in the utilitarian lie or noble lie of continually spouting that homosexuality is a born trait. The science does not back this up, except for the fact that certain genetic markers are more predisposed, but not even remotely guaranteed, to influence the individual to be gay.

Personally I take a gay person's word for it. I figure they ought to know.

Malaria was a known disease before there was any "fact" to back up its origin.
Polio was known - before any factual evidence was discovered on its cause.

I'd say we are really beyond the "there are no facts to back it up" stage. BUT - if you want to keep holding on to that - - for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

You are basing an entire population of people on your own personal experience. That would be like me saying that I regret having a child, so motherhood isn't natural.

One personal experience isn't the standard for everyone. Sorry you were abused, but it affects people different ways. That was your way. Others become promiscuous. Others never touch a human being again. It all depends.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
My father is gay and I'm all for gay rights and of course I think they should have exactly the same rights as every person. Just because their sexual preference is not what people consider 'normal' doesn't make it acceptable to take away things that are considered basic human rights. Damn.
Also being homosexual isn't a choice, People are born that way or made that way due to the environment they grew up in.
People who think they are friends or associates with gay people, but dissagree openly or secretly about that persons sexuality, should take a look in the mirror because they are probably laughing about your haircut.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
reply to post by Sinnthia

When did he equate gays with these classes of people (at least in the previous post as I haven't read every page of this thread)?

Quoted it in my reply to him but here.

reply to post by Brood

emphasis mine

His post was among the most reasonable I saw on either side of the aisle.

Because it appealed to rape and murder victims as an anology to his opposition to the gay?

I can't prove this, so I don't ask you to accept it, but I have first hand experience of magnetic switches and the like. Plus, I have known many, many gay people. Some I still consider friends, as they do me. I do not believe that homosexuality is innate, although I do believe certain genetics are more heavily predisposed.

So even you acknowledge scientific evidence to lean towards it being innate but then...

I have known too many whose parents' behavior, childhood trauma, etc. could all have acted as triggers to create this mentality.

You deny that evidence based on "could?" How much time did you spend studying your friends upbringing and what level psychology degree do you have? If you are going to convince me that your idea of what could have been overrides scientific evidence you admit to, I need to see some credentials.

This does not mean you do not respect and love the individual, but it does not mean I have to engage in the utilitarian lie or noble lie of continually spouting that homosexuality is a born trait.

If you find a gay person that claims they chose to be gay because their parents were bad to them, then by all means. I find it hard to believe you have many gay friends that claim it was a choice. I have yet to meet one. I know for a fact that when a "friend" tells me that I am wrong about how I was born and tells me that I am lying and instead CHOSE to live with the suffering that came along with it all, that is not a friend. Friends do not say "I love you but you are lying when you say you were born this way. You chose it and you are a liar, friend."

I know it is silly. Friends also certainly do not compare their friends sexuality with crimes against unwilling victims such as rape and murder.

The science does not back this up, except for the fact that certain genetic markers are more predisposed, but not even remotely guaranteed, to influence the individual to be gay.

Nice conditional. See what you said? "The science doe not back this up, except.
Uh huh. Except that it kinda does? I can do that too. You amature psychoanalysis of what you assume your friends may or may not have suffered as children resulting in their current sexuality as well as belief they were born that was is not backed up at all. No conditional.

I hope that clears things up.
edit on 3-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join