It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

Animals also have sex with other species of animals.

Does that make it ok for us?

Using a much lesser advanced life form as the basis of your argument isnt working.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Your reference to befriend is to extend support to someone in bad circumstances and need. It is not the same thing as friendship. It is totally one way.

Gay people are not in need of anyone's charity. It is true friendship we are talking about here; the kind that involves mutuality and equality -- no looking down or feeling sorry for anyone because of who they are.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Haydn, are you sure you are old enough to be on this site???
How many times does it have to be pointed out that homosexuality involves two thinking, responsible consenting adults.

Bestiality does not. wtf?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

How about we separate the animals into three groups:
1) One consisting only of males
2) One consisting only of females
3) A group of animals consisting of both males and females in equal numbers

Which group do you think Nature will favour?

As harsh as it seems, it is simple logic such as the above that suggests homosexual behaviour is counter-productive to the development and adaptation of animals in general. Therefore, to say that it is "unnatural" in this sense is correct.
edit on 28/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

How about we separate the animals into three groups:

How 'bout we don't because that would be unnatural!!!!

Nature would NEVER do what you are suggesting so why they hell are YOU suggesting it? Because your scenario would never happen, what's the point of considering it? You are trying to create a false reality to suit your prejudices.

Homosexuality, to the degree that it exists, and has always existed is/has posed no harm to larger society whatsoever. It actually is good, but you are blinded by predudice.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I think it is great !! If we have enough homosexuals, imagine the population decrease!

Maybe, instead of a population reducing war.... The powers that be will look at homosexuality as a constructive form of population control..

Imagine all of the hetero folks that will now have less competition.

I am all for it!! You GO homosexuals - I for one, am behind ya... Pun intended!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Imagine all of the hetero folks that will now have less competition.

I am all for it!! You GO homosexuals - I for one, am behind ya... Pun intended!

Hell no. That would make my odds much worse with all the increased competition.

And get out from behind me without my permission.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

What I suggested was supposed to be viewed as a hypothetical situation...

The point being that when you remove the emotion from a logical situation, you are able to see past what the survival of an animal should rely on and focus on what the survival of an animal does rely on.

Homosexuality, to the degree that it exists, and has always existed is/has posed no harm to larger society whatsoever. It actually is good, but you are blinded by predudice.

Can you please explain how you think it is good?

ETA: Theoretically, we are already separated into different groups called Countries. Coincidentally, it seems most of the problems we face in the world today are due to trying to change the mindset and values of the groups we do not live amongst.
edit on 28/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: grammar and formatting

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Unfortunately your hypothetical situation bore no resemblance to real life and so was unhelpful.

There are those who have spent some time thinking about the question of how homosexuality could be a "built in" factor helping the survival of the species. I don't have a link on hand, but one of the notions I recall was that homosexuals, not having the responsibility of rearing a child of their own, are free to help others do so, either directly or in some support capacity.

Ask anyone who is actually a friend of someone gay, and I suspect they could tell you how those gay friends have contributed to their lives. For some reason, I couldn't tell you why, homosexuals seem to have extra contributions to make in the creativity department. I am not one those unfortunately and have no exceptional artistic abilities.

That they contribute to society in all the ways there are possible, is not a question. How their sexuality factors in is less well understood. Personally, I don't think nature would have come up with it and maintained it all this time if it wasn't serving a worthwhile purpose in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You keep falling back on "Natural".. You are going with perceived perception. What we are talking about here is emotion and attraction. How can any human tell any other human what they should feel, then assume they should either change or repress their feelings.

To each their own. Homosexuals do not hurt anyone... Allot of you goons could use a gay friend to tell you everything that is wrong with what you are wearing today...

I am not religious ... So to me marriage is a bond between 2 people, and has ZERO to do with god. Why can't gay people share everything that we do? Benefits and negatives?

I for one think they should suffer just like the rest of us!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Coincidentally, it seems most of the problems we face in the world today are due to trying to change the mindset and values of the groups we do not live amongst.

That is an interesting point. Some people are more guilty of that than others. Evangelicals come to mind. People in the majority also like behaving that way to those in the minority.

If you think about it, people who are gay really don't want or expect anyone who isn't to "convert", because they know that is impossible. We don't want you to be gay too, just accept the fact that we are, and its not a problem for us. Why should it be for you guys?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

That is actually a very intelligent, well thought out post. It is hard for me to argue with the information you have presented.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Originally posted by mistafaz
In an age where we've been to the moon, landed craft on Mars and have a man made object just about to leave our solar system and into interstellar space, why are we still bickering as a species about what someone does in their bedroom with another consenting adult for a tiny percentage of their human life?

Seriously, with the problems facing humanity today why does anyone still think that it's logical to feel so against the way a responsible person lives their life whose lifestyle choice does not bring harm or death to another?

Same goes for beastiality then?

If we gain the ability to find that an animal has the ability to consent and is at the age of sexual maturity (such as we have for humans) then yes the same would go for animals too. But as for right now, we don't have the capability to establish consent in the different species of the animal kingdom so the act of sexual intercourse with animals is illegal.

edit on 12/28/2010 by mistafaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
has it occurred to the "gay bashers", that the reason they are anti-gay is, many times, because
they ARE gay? if people who are anti-gay would do some legitamate soul searching,
i believe they might find the reason they are anti-gay is not exactly what they want to admit to themselves.

if you find yourself, "protesting too much" about gays. you may want to find out exactly why that is.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can't wait to see the ATS threads along the lines as this topic explode if/when we find an extraterrestrial species of intelligence and the first human/s become sexually attracted to them/it.

Would we still be bickering over the topic of homosexuality when that occurs?

EDIT TO ADD:

-I'd call people of that persuasion Kirksexuals in honor of Captain Kirk from Star Trek and his affinity for women of a different species.
edit on 12/28/2010 by mistafaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by wayno

What I suggested was supposed to be viewed as a hypothetical situation...

Sounds like quite the Utopia that you dream of. Try your hypothetical again. This time, seperate out the sick, the injured, the deformed, the dim witted, and the ones that are just flighty from all the healthy ones. Now see who nature favors. Is that the world you strive for?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
ANY time, whatever the situation or circumstances, that a "friend" assumes an allegedly "superior" or condescending, or any kind of belittling, attitude or mentality toward another "friend," when the one looked down upon is doing nothing TRULY wrong, just being himself or herself (since one can't be anyone else BUT himself or herself), there is absolutely no REAL friendship involved. It doesn't apply ONLY to homosexuality; it's also very common among those with very different political-spiritual VALUES. I know from PLENTY of firsthand experience on the latter. Case CLOSED, no ifs, ands or buts.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

We all have our individual failings and weaknesses, hating someone for theirs is just plain wrong.

second

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join