It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Good thread. My best friend is gay, although he really isn't (he is just non-sexual, mostly because of a health problem). His sister is gay, and has the hottest girlfriend I have ever seen. I love hanging out with them in the summer when we visit. I miss them both terribly since they moved.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven
Control tactic?? Are you sure you're talking to me, or is this how you reason with evidence you can't refute? Oh wait....it is....you discredit everything, no matter how lamely your try to do it, if it doesn't fit into your view.

What exactly did you present evidence of? You presented a word count, rambled a bit, and now you are proud of the "evidence" you gathered. Cool. Evidence of what?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
And guess what? Three months from now some idiot will decide a new thread would be created for gay baiting. I also think we are due for other minority baiting threads. ATS can be boringly predictable. Gay agenda?? My foot.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
In an age where we've been to the moon, landed craft on Mars and have a man made object just about to leave our solar system and into interstellar space, why are we still bickering as a species about what someone does in their bedroom with another consenting adult for a tiny percentage of their human life?

Seriously, with the problems facing humanity today why does anyone still think that it's logical to feel so against the way a responsible person lives their life whose lifestyle choice does not bring harm or death to another?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

For sure. I don't know who actually said this - but one of the greatest quotes ever.

"Suppose there was an intelligence, vast and unknowable. Suppose it lit the big bang, suppose it wrote the laws of physics, and has been subtly moulding the universe for 14 billion years. Now keep a straight face and tell me that it cares where you stick your dick."

(sometimes attributed to Kaku - but I think it actually was a poster's tagline)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

Annee: (*the word "love" was WAY down the list, used only 5 times)

Let's go back to this. Apparently I am being judged by how many times I use the word Love.

What the Hell does Love have to do with this subject - - full acceptance or Equal Rights?

Love is a word I intentionally try to avoid on this subject. What am I supposed to say: "I Love You - therefore I accept you"? NO! NO! NO! What? I'm supposed to put a condition on acceptance?

Equal Rights is Equal Rights - - - there's no emotion in Equal Rights. Being awarded Equal Rights would probably bring on an emotional response - - - but there is NO emotion in Equal Rights.

Marriage - - we are talking Legal Marriage. That is a Legal Government Contract. It does not have emotion.

Any one can Love someone - - that's not what we are talking about. Or at least not what I am talking about.

edit on 27-12-2010 by Annee because: spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I think the word count minus context is what his point was. He does what a lot of the hollier than thou on ATS do. He preaches hate while using the WORD love. Basically what he is pointed out is that he preaches hate while lying by using words like love while he noticed many of us respond to that kind of hate withOUT using the word love because we can see through the flagrant use of emotive words to distract from the point.

If he has another point with that post, I am eager to read it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I asked him the same thing a long time ago and he didn't answer.
What were we supposed to take from those statistics?
He didn't summarize or state any conclusions of his own.

I think I know why. Those numbers didn't amount to a hill of beans.

edit on 12/27/2010 by wayno because: sp.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by Annee

I think the word count minus context is what his point was. He does what a lot of the hollier than thou on ATS do. He preaches hate while using the WORD love. Basically what he is pointed out is that he preaches hate while lying by using words like love while he noticed many of us respond to that kind of hate withOUT using the word love because we can see through the flagrant use of emotive words to distract from the point.

If he has another point with that post, I am eager to read it.

Oh - I know there is more going on there. With such innocent innocence - uh yeah!

I just wanted to pull that one point out.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
LGBT rights by country or territory

I found an interesting Wikipedia page documenting LGBT rights by country or territory. It seems countries allowing same sex marriage are outnumbered by those that do NOT permit it. It appears the majority of the world does not agree that Gay Marriage should become a social norm. It also shows that people belonging to the LGBT demographic who live in Western countries have rights and freedoms gay people living in most African and Middle Eastern countries could only dream of.

Should we conclude from this data that the people living in areas ranging from grey to blue cannot say they have any gay friends? Can we conclude from this data that gay people living in these areas feel Oppressed and Victimised for being gay?

Or is the more simple explanation that most of the world does not hate or want to oppress homosexuals, they just do not want to glamorise it in the media and promote the idea that it is healthy and normal?
edit on 27/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with the principle expressed in the OP. You are to be commended (and I have quietly chastised myself) for going the extra mile to figure out where I was coming from in my response to hotbakedtater. The hypocrisy in her statement made my blood boil a bit, and I failed to properly address the OP when I called her out on it.
My best friend is gay and I cannot imagine being close friends and at the same time being either actively opposed to his equal rights, or even apathetic towards the issue. If we are friends, your struggle is my struggle.

ps. yeah that ubik is hard to come by...keeps regressing into earlier forms.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by Annee

Thank You Annee!

Thanks for your support and your insights. Pretty near everything you have said rings true with my life experiences as a gay man.

You deserve a huge hug for your efforts and your kindness.

May I join in on the thank you for Annee? I am a lesbian and truely appreciate all her efforts...starred nearly every one of her posts.

I am one of those that just wants to live my life quietly...no agenda here. But, if I had a girlfriend, it would be nice to be able to walk down the street and hold her hand, without being stared at. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

One day, we will ALL realize that we are one, and this debate will be over.

edit on 27-12-2010 by zippy1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

Ahhhhhhh! Thanks - - both you and Wayno

Ya know Ignorance is one thing - - Closed Minded is something else.

I fully admit my ignorance - - before I was so fortunate and forever grateful to be hired by that company.

Ya have to keep talking - keep informing people of the truth - of the reality.

People are People - - its that simple.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I couldn't disagree more. Your post basically says that it isn't possible to care about someone even when they are doing things that are immoral. Utter nonsense. You can have friends who are doing certain things that are immoral and yet still consider them your friend. According to the Christian Bible, Jesus befriended a thief just before he died. Do you suppose Jesus was being a hypocrite or dishonest in that instance? I suppose he was being honest and I suppose you've got no idea what you are talking about when you say people can't befriend people who they perceive as less than perfect.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

Yeah Jesus said "Judge not..." Remember? And I believe he would have been on a different level of "morality" than his followers, such as yourself (assumption). Therefore, if he didn't judge, when he had the moral superiority (which you don't) you, as a follower of his, should most certainly not. He didn't judge the thief, but decide to befriend him anyway. He loved him and overlooked the thievery. Totally different than the story you're laying down.
You see, if you consider the homosexual lifestyle to be a "sin", you are paying attention to what you believe to be another's immorality, when the Big Guy himself told you not to. Look to your own heart. Worry about that.

Bad Christian! Read your good book. (I forgive you...)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Let me say this about God believers.

Some God believers understand that at one time Leprosy and Seizures were considered Evil - or being possessed by the Devil himself.

As we progress in understanding and knowledge of what makes a human (the mixed soup) - - we understand the vastness of what is Natural. What we understand today is there are many "differences of normal" in nature.

Ignorance and holding on to ancient taboos - - is unacceptable today.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Well just because i disagree with Muslims regarding their religion, or Christians, doesn't mean i cant be friends with them!

You folks should seriously get over it, because i think there is a chip on your shoulders about this whole topic, and if it continues to be made an issue it will be. Maybe it feels good to label others as "Hating Homophobic rednecks" etc etc but you need to understand that folks are going to be pissed off about the social engineering and other attempts to destroy the traditional family unit which I think the promotion of homosexuality and feminism may be part of

We all face a common enemy of religious extremists called the Jesuits and the Papacy whatever means they can to destabilize, manipulate and enslave or kill off mankind. They are extremely clever, possess perhaps the greatest store of knowledge and technology in the world and consistently use the strategy of divide and conquer to achieve their aims

Whether you are gay or straight you are still a target for extermination due to being 'free'. According to the Vatican this makes you a heretic and your torture or murder is acceptable according to their perverted logic. Does squabbling about this issue make any difference? No!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think some people drink too much of the Conspiracy Kool-aid.

In the mean time - I will keep babbling until all have Equal Rigths.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Hm.. if homosexuality is against nature, someone better start rounding up all those gay animals out there and make sure to tell them that their homosexual behavior is unnatural... They must have been influenced by tv and abuse as baby animals...

Scientifically studied and observed..

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Just because you believe something is true, doesn't actually make it true.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz
In an age where we've been to the moon, landed craft on Mars and have a man made object just about to leave our solar system and into interstellar space, why are we still bickering as a species about what someone does in their bedroom with another consenting adult for a tiny percentage of their human life?

Seriously, with the problems facing humanity today why does anyone still think that it's logical to feel so against the way a responsible person lives their life whose lifestyle choice does not bring harm or death to another?

Same goes for beastiality then?

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join