It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is the way I see it... To each their own...who am I to tell them who or what to love , as long as nobody is being abused, or hurt.

BUT.....
If some how during the "love making" process it involves me getting poop on my _ _ _ _ ... I am against it.. FOR ME!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Some of the results are pretty interesting, don't you think?

So, instead of sitting back and "digesting" you instead played with statistical analysis of word use.

Was this avoidance behaviour?
Looking for some new way to divert the discussion from the central issue?
Maybe just denial.

I don't think anybody here is saying you are a bad person, but I would not say self awareness is one of your strongest points.

And no, your statistics didn't have an impact. What was I supposed to glean from that?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

i've got some opinions against homosexuality, and against some the the rights they want. should that mean i cant be friends with them?

Well put. Just because we don't agree with EVERY belief of others, doesn't mean we can't be friends. I also see the OP's point, in that you should want equal rights for your friends, but it shouldn't be a REQUIREMENT for friendship. I have a JW friend who is convinced I'm going to Hell, but I still consider the person to be my friend, and I'd be there for him regardless.

Not the same thing at all. You have a problem with his choice to join a religious group. That is way different from "disagreeing" about the way a person was born. If you' ve got that problem, then friendship is out of the question, at least from the gay person's perspective.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by TKDRL

All I can tell you is that there are idiots in any group. Public displays of sex is as unpleasant for most gay people to watch as it is for straights. Some may go overboard to try and prove a point, but in my opinion they are just attention seekers.

Thank you Wayno.

Its always good to hear personal experience from a gay person. I can only speak "through" the gay people I have worked with and become friends with.

It was 20+ years ago when I worked for that company. I moved straight from that job/location to SW Arizona. Needless to say - its a very different attitude here then Los Angeles.

I don't have any gay friends here - but I do have acquaintances - - the Spiritual Living church I go to has a gay minister - gay president - and gay vice president. The gay president and VP are a couple. So much for gays not believing in God.

The lunch room at that company was quite the experience for this ignorant straight white lady. I was like the "one gay" in an office of straights. My co-workers were freely openly gay and willing to talk about and/or answer any question(s) I had.

They said the Internet was the best thing ever for gays. Because prior to that - in order to meet someone - you had to go to gay bars or gay groups - - - which is kind of like the same thing for straights. They were basically "meat markets". Unlike straights they could not meet someone at church. Nor could they walk up to someone in the super market and say "Hey you are cute" - - unless they had a death wish.

They told me because of the Internet - where they can now meet other gays privately - - they no longer had to go to bars and clubs. And this created a cultural change. That most of the bars and clubs are now the young college kids "getting their wild on" - - - same as the straight world.

The gays I worked with were embarrassed by the over-the-top behavior of some gays. They just wanted to be main stream - - work - live their lives - etc.

I'd say the ones with an Agenda - - are those who choose to hang on to the Stereotype - - and keep shoving it in people's faces. And I'm not talking about gays.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio

BUT.....
If some how during the "love making" process it involves me getting poop on my _ _ _ _ ... I am against it.. FOR ME!

Ya know what? So am I.

Lots of straights do it. I've tried it. Its not for me.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gseven

Personal knowledge? What the hell do you think I've been trying to share this whole time? It certainly isn't someone else's personal knowledge. Are you actually reading what you write?! Just because you don't want to believe my "personal knowledge" and experience, does not mean I have no personal substance to offer.

OK, so you worked with gays....good for you. So have I.....many times. In fact, that's where I made most of my friends. You keep mentioning your age....so what? I'm a grandparent as well, what's your point? You've insinuated many times that I couldn't possibly have lived a long life based on my views.

Nothing you have stated previously - - indicates any of this.

So - let's hear you personal experiences - - in relationship to understanding gay rights.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

So a 64 year old mad woman is sick of something, now I must tiptoe around ATS, not daring to mention God or biblical scriptures because she knows "all" about every gay that walks the earth? Wrong. You don't know my friends. Furthermore, you don't know me.

Name calling?

You can say whatever you want. I do.

You can mention God all you want. I simply stated I have no interest in hearing it.

Where did I say I know "all" about every gay that walks the earth?" Seems to me I've been pretty specific about mentioning those I worked with.

Why so upset? Because I don't agree with any thing you've said?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

So a 64 year old mad woman is sick of something, now I must tiptoe around ATS, not daring to mention God or biblical scriptures because she knows "all" about every gay that walks the earth? Wrong. You don't know my friends. Furthermore, you don't know me.

I think it's extremely coincidental that every thread you post on you have some wild life experience that excuses you from being grouped with the rest of the people that are blatantly wrong.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thank You Annee!

Thanks for your support and your insights. Pretty near everything you have said rings true with my life experiences as a gay man.

You deserve a huge hug for your efforts and your kindness.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
This just kills me. In EVERY gay themed thread, those opposed to homosexuals and/or homosexuality inevitably say something like, "I have gay friends, but...", followed by how they disagree with the gay rights movement or homosexuality in general. Well, I got news for you Skippy, if you were really a friend, you would not want that person to have fewer rights than you do, and/or have that person feel like a social outcast, and/or have anything but happiness in their lives and to be able to share that life with the person of their choice.

So the next time you feel the urge to tell us how you have gay friends right in the middle of telling us how homosexuality is wrong, unnatural or unworthy of equal rights, just remember that you are NOT the kind of friend anyone would want to have at best, and just a plain lying hypocrite at worst...

(An aquaintance is NOT the same as a friend...)

I myself am fine with gay people. They are humans.
But let me ask you this, is nature homophobic since gays can procreate? Don't they have a right?
See how silly that is. Political views (not racial views) should never be intertwined with friendships, in my opinion at least.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Yes, I completely agree with the OP.

The one that really got my back up today (I haven't ATS'ed for around a month due to PAYG internet and lack of funds) was the one about the gay agenda and the illuminati. Fair enough, it's a controversial website, and even to me, a bi-guy, the media gets so camp sometimes that I actually cringe. But to open the post to see the OP in that case going on about a "gay-pedo" agenda was one of the most offensive things I have seen in recent years. Two consenting adults doing their thing behind closed doors is a whole world apart from some old bloke going down the park to molest a child! I put a complaint in about that because IMO it does nothing but facilitate hatred by the sheer comparison itself.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Yes, I completely agree with the OP.

The one that really got my back up today (I haven't ATS'ed for around a month due to PAYG internet and lack of funds) was the one about the gay agenda and the illuminati. Fair enough, it's a controversial website, and even to me, a bi-guy, the media gets so camp sometimes that I actually cringe. But to open the post to see the OP in that case going on about a "gay-pedo" agenda was one of the most offensive things I have seen in recent years. Two consenting adults doing their thing behind closed doors is a whole world apart from some old bloke going down the park to molest a child! I put a complaint in about that because IMO it does nothing but facilitate hatred by the sheer comparison itself.

See but I don't think the OP is talking about gay sex, as he is people who disagree gay marriage. Atleast thats what I think he's saying.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum
. . . . was the one about the gay agenda and the Illuminati. Fair enough, it's a controversial website, and even to me, a bi-guy, the media gets so camp sometimes that I actually cringe. But to open the post to see the OP in that case going on about a "gay-pedo" agenda was one of the most offensive things I have seen in recent years. Two consenting adults doing their thing behind closed doors is a whole world apart from some old bloke going down the park to molest a child! I put a complaint in about that because IMO it does nothing but facilitate hatred by the sheer comparison itself.

I considered putting in a complaint on that thread myself.

I doubt you are the only one who did.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by Sinnthia

Ok then, if youve agreed free speech is fine then this is what i think.

Being Gay is not natural, it doesnt matter how you try to cover it up, humans were intended to reproduce with the opposite sex, penis goes into vagina, sperm is ejected, chid is born.

Not Penis goes into another mans arse.

Im pretty sure nature didnt intend that to happen at all.

Say something that makes sense for me.

How do you define "natural?" Is cancer natural? Is overpopulation natural? Are bith defects natural? You have no idea what "natural" actually means as anything that can be found occuring in nature, is natural. You will find homosexual behavior all through nature, thus making it natural by any definition. It seems that the only argument any of you have is to change what words mean but unfortunately no one on this board has the authority to change what words really mean. Use them incorrectly all you like to make your point but hopefully you get what the outcome is when you make up stuff to prove a point.

Good luck with making up your own language. When your dictionary comes out and becomes common use, maybe this argument will be worth something. Let me know when that happens.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by tiger5

Ok let me arrange a Straight pride march, where we can walk through San Fransisco with Girls on our arms and tongue kiss infront of children and Gay men.

Because that wont make them feel awkward at all will it.

I see straight people groping and kissing each other all the time. It never bothered me. Seeing gay people do it once a year bothers me even less. Should I complain the next time I see a straight couple being affectionate without a float?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by wayno

If a person is gay..........thats their life. However forcing the gay agenda upon everyone is not their right. I don't like Christian proselytizing and find it rather insulting as well, however both groups do the same thing without respect of each others thoughts or beliefs.

Who is doing the forcing and what is the gay agenda?
I am not sure about you but religious people come to my door and want me to be one of them.
How many gay people come to your house and try to get you to be gay?

In fact, in 35, not one person has ever tried to get me to be gay. I cannot say the same about Christians, Catholics, and Mormons. Help me out here. Where are gay people pushing and agenda and what is that agenda?

Or is this thread just about how much crap people can just make up?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Man. I wish my life was so easy that all I had to do was tell everyone about my wonderful penis and where I like to stick it.

What about those who swing both ways, AC/DC?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Some of the results are pretty interesting, don't you think?

Other than demonstrating the oddly great lengths someone would go to to break down what they say into meaningless statitistics about word usage is a hobby of yours, what is interesting about it? How many times should I have used the word "love" when talking to people that spout nothing but hate and ignorance. Sorry but I am not a Christian. I do not have love for everyone and in a thread full of people so full of hate, you can expect my words will reflect that.

How about you tell us what you think your homework assignment proved or showed or even hinted at?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I had this great (IMHO) post written out earlier to Annee that was pulverized when ATS went down for "repairs" and so I re-wrote a rather short note when the repairing was over with.

There was a major point tho that I missed in the second attempt that I think is important. We have in fact made a lot of progress, in Canada where I live, and to varying degrees in the US and the rest of the world.

The very fact that so many "hard core" heteros are willing to come on here and have dialogue with us homos is encouraging.
. It wasn't all that long ago that what you so often heard was "kill them all".

We have definitely moved a long way, and for that I am gratefull. That we can talk about this and express our opinions is a very good thing.

Thanks to all who are a part of this discussion.

edit on 12/27/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Those who go on about the "Homosexual Agenda" are no different than those that go on about how they are the incarnation of The Lord...

...except that the self-labelled savior of the world tends to regard himself as less holy than these zealous anti-homosexuals.

Other than that it's just a bunch of nonsense based on nothing.

There is clearly more of an anti-homosexual agenda than a homosexual agenda.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join