It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
In EVERY gay themed thread, those opposed to homosexuals and/or homosexuality inevitably say something like, "I have gay friends, but...", followed by how they disagree with the gay rights movement or homosexuality in general.

...yeah, its like the people who say "i dont mean to offend but" then proceed to be intentionally offensive... the world is full of jerks and idiots... the jerks love it when you get upset by something they've said... drama is their drug... the idiots, well, you cant teach an idiot how not be an idiot... they lack the brain cells... cant let em get to ya...

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
if you were really a friend, you would not want that person to have fewer rights than you do, and/or have that person feel like a social outcast

...theres always exceptions... heres one... i have a friend in prison... she's never getting out... she deserves to be there... she shouldve got the death penalty... she threw away her rights, as far as i'm concerned... i hate what she did but i love her and always will...

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

So now skippy is the new "N" word evidently?

Not at all,I`m sorry I started this,I was saying it tongue in cheek.

I explained that a few posts before yours.....

reply to post by gps777

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think what a lot of people mean is "knowing" someone who is gay that they associate with at work, live next door to, their gay hairdresser, musician who plays at their parties etc etc. In real life, everyone does know a gay person in some capacity or other.
I think people throw the word "friend" around way too easily when it's really an "acquaintance" that they are talking about. A lot of people I know really don't know the difference.
And O.P that would explain the inconsistency that you are speaking about.
No a person wouldn't treat a "friend" like that, but an acquaintance who they have no emotional investment in, maybe.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

Originally posted by BlackOps719

So now skippy is the new "N" word evidently?

Not at all,I`m sorry I started this,I was saying it tongue in cheek.

I explained that a few posts before yours.....

reply to post by gps777

I was referring to the phatpackage comments...sorry for any confusion.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Can we get off and beyond the Skippy rant?

It probably means something different in different areas/locations/cultures - - etc.

Its not what this thread is about.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Eloquently said, but rediculous none the less. Starting at the end of your post, I have no doubt that many great contributors to our world and society have been gay. That has nothing to do with it. The rest of your post is gobbelygoop. Let me break it down for you. Try to keep up.
I am a man, my sex organ is a penis. So far? OK, It is a long shaft (in my case, not so much) is round and has a slight up curve to it. It is not meant for the anus. That is a poop shoot and nothing more. The woman's sex organ is a vagina....it is a hole with a cavity that has a slight up curve to it much like the penis. These two match and they were meant to. Another woman has nothing to place in the other woman's vagina. Why? Because it was not meant to be. Yes, she has a tongue but it cannot procreate, it cannot....well....you get the picture.
So, lets quit pretending that something is there when it is not. This is basic common sense that cannot be explained away as much as those that wish to be politically correct want it to be.
Yes, homosexuallity has been with us forever. So has cancer, but that doesn' make cancer acceptable.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I see I'm dealing with someone of obvious intellectual deficits.

My apologies for thinking you could be even the slightest bit reasonable.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As long as you stick with "choose" - - you are no friend. You are in full denial.

As long you ascribe to the notion that there is NO "choice", YOU, my friend, are in denial. Am I suppose to ignore the hoards of "recovering" homosexuals that insist otherwise? This is where we firmly disagree. Those who do not WANT to change, will cling to their beliefs that it is who they were born to be and they can't help themselves, yet the evidence to the contrary is blatantly ignored. Who are we suppose to believe? Those that have been there and back, or those who haven't come back yet who discredit and throw tantrums about those who insist there IS a choice and that it's mostly a psychological issue?

edit on 24-12-2010 by Gseven because: typo

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You're going to have to be clear because I interpreted your post as gibberish.

Well if you are going to be like like that your English skills need work to help you understand!

I'm try to point out to you that bashing gays and bashing the military are not the same thing.

If you read the the thread & could take it in you would understand it was in reply to the previous post! But anyway. It is similar in that someone pointed out they can't help being gay! in full support of that! How it is comparable is if someone goes to fight the good fight against the enemy & come back they endure the well documented veteran problems, they can't change that they can't help it! They were doing what they thought was right! But some (not all) don't see it that way. A lot of veterans are unfairly treated like dirt when they return! So yes, I don't care what anybody says they are comparable situations. Gays cop it un fairly & so to do veterans!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Blast, it's the ol' Ray Comfort banana defense!

That's it gentlemen, we've been bested. There's simply no retort to such a well thought out and compelling argument. You might as well shut down this thread now, mods.

edit on 24-12-2010 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

You're kidding right?

No 100% "dead set" serious

It's obvious that the OP wasn't using the term "skippy" in a derogatory fashion.

Well it was until it was discovered it was an Australian that was being referred to! All they had to do was say sorry (without being prompted) & explain it was a cross culture misunderstanding & it would have been cool & forgotten!. But the reply post was non apologetic & reeked off arrogance which seems he knew exactly what he was doing all along!

We American's use the phrase "Damn skippy!" all the time as a means of showing our enthusiasm. Trust me, If American's did know the stigma Australian's placed on the word, the uber-libs would have deemed it hate speech long ago.

Maybe you have learned something & be careful of the context that word is used in to an International audience!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Torgo

Well it was until it was discovered it was an Australian that was being referred to!

I'm sorry, but to which Australian member on this board was the OP directed at?

Maybe you have learned something & be careful of the context that word is used in to an International audience!

Forgive me if I don't care about offending those who share the same European ancestry as myself with a racial slur. If another white guy came up to me and called me cracker or honky, I'd just laugh.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torgo

Forgive me if I don't care about offending those who share the same European ancestry as myself with a racial slur. If another white guy came up to me and called me cracker or honky, I'd just laugh.

There`s a good attitude towards it phatpackage,there`s no need to be offended by it even if someone means to offend and in which case it was plain to see JR didn`t direct it at anyone in particular.

Though I will say this,if JR now calls me a Skippy I`m going to be confused if he meant it as I`m an Aussie or I`m an idiot or now could just be I`m an Aussie idiot.Either way I wont be offended.

Cheer up mate and Merry Christmas and to all.

edit on 24-12-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Torgo

I'm sorry, but to which Australian member on this board was the OP directed at?

Member AidanK ..... From your sarcasm does not sound you are sorry at all! There is a word for that!

Well good for you! You can racially offend someone of the same origins it is possible don't care what you say@>

You have emphatically proven what you are ...... no need to spell out! You keep on missing the point! A sincere apology first off without being prompted stating that is a cultural misunderstanding & the issue would have been forgotten straight away! You want to keep on dragging out well i will reply in kind. The person who wrote has seen no need to carry it on!
edit on 24-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well haven't you heard of "toxic friendship"?? Anyway the other irritation is if you speak up in support of people being gay then htere is an assumption that you must be gay as opposed to be interested in human rights for all.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by SaturnFX

Now thats being discriminatory with all the military bashing and all on ATS! people do the exact same thing to them as mentioned in the original post!

Again, no...a person can dislike another persons job without fearing themselves some sort of racist or bigot..
aka, a person can dislike (or like) a politician, a soldier, a lobbiest, etc...

its not discriminatory

matter of fact, being military gives you special benefits, such as first consideration at many jobs, health service, etc...so you can't really be honest in saying military is discriminated against.

You can help your career path, you can't help your sexual orientation, gender, or color of skin

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well we just have to agree to disagree! I think many many veterans get a raw deal when they return from bravely serving their country & yes it is discrimination in the same way!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

So for you and Torgo, basic common sense eqauls ignorance. Both of your minds have been bent with modern day liberalism among other influences. So much so that you cannot look at the sexes and determine their puposes.
You're right, you cannot reason with me. Because in your mind, for me to become reasonalble would mean to deny the most basic common knowledge and common sense. What reality do you folks live in?
It's 4 AM, I'm tired and need to rest for work. But, I plan to address this again and in more detail later today.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
To OP, so you're saying you can't be friends with somebody unless you agree with every life choice they make?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by King_John
To OP, so you're saying you can't be friends with somebody unless you agree with every life choice they make?

Please make the case that being gay is a choice that no one else is able to make. Please do elaborate on how you came to your decision as to be excited by the males that turn you on or the females that turn you on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join