It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Your arguement makes no sense. Just because I don't believe in gay marriage doesn't mean I can't be their friend. So that means if I want to be someones friend I have to change my views? That's what makes people friends with other people. Agreeing on some stuff and disagreeing on other...
I look at it like this:
As a species we must survive. That means we must create life. You can't have butt babies.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
As a species we must survive. That means we must create life. You can't have butt babies.

Wow, that was highly inappropriate, google the term "love" pal

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

This statement alone would preclude you from EVER being considered my friend... You need to learn the difference between friends (real friends) and aquaintences... Either that or you just don't have any REAL friends...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

1. So you want to deny right to marry for infertile or childless couples, too? Marriage is not about babies, but about two people in love.

2. More people is the last thing our species needs.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Just as well since gays help keep the already overpopulated world somewhat manageable. If there were no gays you probably would have no food to put in your stomach or a roof over your head. You'd prefer that? The population is 7billion. Try doing the maths to compute what it would be if the gay percentage of people had been procreating! You should be thankful to God, if you believe in one, for putting in that gay 10% so you have a laptop to write your homophobic rants.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Right on.

I was born gay. Came out to my family few months ago. It took me twenty years to do so. Why? Because I know it wouldnt be accepted. My father being a pastor and my family being christians.

I myself believe in God. Oh yes a lesbian believing in God. Oh my! Then again my views on religion does not belong here. so anyways.................

I just cant see how people can argue with this topic.

I was born gay. No one can argue with me about it. They can try. And I can try to get my point across, No one can tell me I was born straight. I have NEVER looked at a guy in a physical, sexual attraction.

But these arguements are just sad.

I think we should just stop trying to prove ourselves and just be who we are.

But of course no one is happy with that even.

Like the Beatles....Let it be..let it be..

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PJAmerica

OK, cool. Then maybe you and I can have a nice civil conversation about this.
Please explain to me how you disagree with the way someone was born.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
reply to post by Annee

Right on.

I was born gay. Came out to my family few months ago. It took me twenty years to do so. Why? Because I know it wouldnt be accepted. My father being a pastor and my family being christians.

I myself believe in God. Oh yes a lesbian believing in God. Oh my! Then again my views on religion does not belong here. so anyways.................

I just cant see how people can argue with this topic.

I can't either.

Those who have religious beliefs need to take it upon themselves to go to some gay rights meetings and gay groups. To meet and speak with gays one on one. To really get involved and learn about gays - - before making judgments from an ancient belief. I really have no interest in hearing another "Bible Thumpers" opinion on gays until they have done this.

Most gays I've known - - considered themselves Christian. Fortunately - I grew up in a Los Angeles suburb. Los Angeles being a large metropolis - - had churches for gay Christians. Being heavy in Catholic Latinos - - there was also a Catholic Gay church. Of course the priest was excommunicated - - but he didn't care. He offered full Mass - - comfort and understanding to gay Catholics.

The Curse of Ham was used to justify the treatment of blacks. Thank God many today who do follow a religious belief - - are independent thinkers - - and not controlled by fear mongering Dogma.

Ignorance and ancient taboos are not excusable in my opinion.

edit on 25-12-2010 by Annee because: spelling

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Oh yes my dad was talking about the curse of Ham. He told me that African Americans were enslaved because of that curse.

Pretty much that is WHY they were enslaved.

And also, I can't agree with you more on what you are saying. I am bad with words so when I try to stay stuff it just looks all scattered.

Im glad someone has about the same views as me! Love it!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

I hope your family has fully accepted you. And are learning or are willing to learn out of love for their daughter.

One of my co-workers who did come from a Catholic Latino family did die of AIDS. He was just a wonderful person. No family could have loved their son more. The funeral was heartbreaking.

(this was 20+ years ago - at the beginning of AIDS research and prevention)

edit on 25-12-2010 by Annee because: Geeze - I can't spell today.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
As Christians we need to treat everyone with love. Jesus said "love your neighbor as yourself". This phrase was said over half a dozen times in the bible and I believe it to be the most important statement Jesus ever uttered. If we took this law to heart we would not steal, kill, scorn, judge anyone or be jealous of anyone. We would treat all be they sinner or saint in the same way we treat our self. It's the heart of the message, one that trumps ALL biblical quotes.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

AMEN!!! And if more Christians would actually follow that simple teaching, I would have little to no problem with the Religion as a whole... Unfortunately...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by capgirl

I hope your family has fully accepted you. And our learning or are willing to learn out of love for their daughter.

One of my co-workers who did come from a Catholic Latino family did die of AIDS. He was just a wonderful person. No family could have loved their son more. The funeral was heartbreaking.

(this was 20+ years ago - at the beginning of AIDS research and prevention)

Well I hope they will someday accept me. I know they love me, sometimes my mom jokes about it..calling me a fruit and whatnot.

But for now they just pretty much ignore it.

And thank you.

I know that my parents love me, for if they didnt, I wouldnt still be living here while I work out my future career plans.

And they will always love me. I know that.

And that is all I want. Their love.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by PJAmerica

OK, cool. Then maybe you and I can have a nice civil conversation about this.
Please explain to me how you disagree with the way someone was born.

I didn't say that I was. However, I can understand both sides of it and not agree either. The key is to try and understand even if we don't understand or agree. The problem is that so many people are dismissive of what they do not understand and because for some reason they may disagree they forbid to be civilized and respectful towards others. I think perhaps you took what I said out of context by accident which could be my fault (I am sometimes not very good with my wording) though because I am a bit lost in the conversation now.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by marinesniper0351

I agree. Those that do not believe that this is going to cause tremendous problems in the military are just plain fooling themselves. It will be interesting to watch in the coming years.
Seeashrink

That's ridiculous. You think that the other guys in your platoon don't know you're gay already? Or the other guys on your ship section? Bull.

It's going to cause zero problems. Zero.

Basic does away with the idea of "I" - there is no "I" in team. If that gay guy is laying down cover fire for a straight guy, do you honestly think the straight guy is concerned with anything other than getting to cover?

I have a friend who is gay, two tours of Iraq. Everyone in his unit knew he was gay. Did it cause problems? No.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funshinez
Attention red blooded meat eating straight men: Every #ing day of your lives is your pride parade.

I'm a red-blooded meat-eating straight guy and a veteran, who also supports the rights of GLBT people to equal treatment under the law. My pride parade is July 4th, and veterans day.

This isn't a gay vs straight argument; it's a rights of human beings argument against those who will not see. If a man or woman is good enough to wear the uniform and place themselves in harms way, they are good enough to serve without having to hide and lie about their lives off duty.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
Hmm....all I can really say is DON'T DROP THE SOAP IN THIS THREAD. Sorry....be gay if u want, be straight if you want. I prefer laqueesha my nubian goddess blow up doll from adam and eve. 20.95 and she never quits smiling. She never complains and has only cheated on me once and that was when my german sheppard got ahold of her. I gave her a good hot bath with me and she's always ready to keep going. OH AND NEVER HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT....

That is almost perfectly retarded. But nobody's perfect.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Thank you for that grand pronouncement. Seldom have I see so much wordage used to express so little substance.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have an israeli jew friend who happens to be a black, bi, transexual muslim symapathiser..

Do I get liberal kudos?

Not a joke either!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by Gseven

Thank you for that grand pronouncement. Seldom have I see so much wordage used to express so little substance.

LOL. Gawd I hate "padded" text. I swear some people just love to hear/read themselves talk.

I've termed my usual style as "short tacks" (say it in 10 words or less). Even if I choose to go more detailed - - - I go back and remove any and all unnecessary words/phrases.

As a customer service manager - - when we got a letter - - we only read the last paragraph.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join