It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I cannot agree with you more.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Thanks man, I appreciate the hell out of that. By the grace of God it did make me stronger.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

You deserve it. Don't let anyone on here put you down, most do not have a clue what you went through.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
So.. according to some, if I have any views that differ from someone I know well.. it's impossible for me to be their "true" friend? I've never heard such ridiculous rubbish.

This is COMPLETELY missing the point, and it's been talked about endlessly on this thread - this is the exact quote people have been batting around, trying to prove the OP wrong. It's not about AGREEING with homosexuality and embracing it - it's about wanting your true friends to have the same rights you do. Even if you hate homosexuality passionately, if you truly have a friend who is gay, you will want them to experience true happiness.

It's not about you agreeing with everything your friends do. It's about wanting your friends to be happy, and if you truly want your friends to be happy, you will realize that them being with their loved ones, no matter what gender, is what makes them happy. So, stop pretending you have gay friends when really you just want to harp about why the government should impose legislation to not let them marry. If you have true friends who are gay, you will WANT them to get married because you know that's what will make them happy.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have always supported gay rights. In public forums I have argued for same-sex marriage whether it be for the purpose of gay love, gay sex, or a couple of aging heterosexual friends that find it convenient to set up housekeeping and wish familial relationship recognized by law for the purpose of medical consent and visitation, or whatever reason.

I have gay friends, yes, FRIENDS. I fully support two consenting adult people being together for whatever reason. However, something within me finds some kind of personal aversion to same-sex lovemaking. I do not let it color my personal behavior or my public comments. I think it natural and necessary that I have this personal feeling of aversion for same-sex lovemaking because it may be what it takes to maintain attraction to the opposite sex.

I know I am not alone with this aversion while in the same moment being open and accepting about same-sex attractions. I believe same-sex attraction occurs naturally and may be a preference to those who can go either way. I believe this aversion to same-sex also is natural but not understood and for some is something that needs to be overcome by reason. My gay friends have my full support and understanding of their natural pre-disposition or choice even.

I have no problem about what they do with their body, I just don't want them to hold it against me.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Erongaricuaro because: I needed to.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Oh please! Tell me just ONE right I have that you don't!!!! JUST ONE!!!!

If you owned a nightclub, you would have the RIGHT to deny heterosexuals entry into your club; whereas if I owned a nightclub I would NOT have the RIGHT to deny heterosexuals or homosexuals entry into my club.

If you wanted to start a company comprised exclusively of homosexuals called "Gay Pride United" you would be free to do so. It would NOT be socially accepted for me to start a company named "Straight Pride United" and advertise for those that are exclusively heterosexuals to join.

Let me guess: I am free to do those same things you can do? Well, the same can be said for Gay People being allowed to marry a person of the opposite sex, but that example is somehow not the same?

edit on 25/12/2010 by Dark Ghost because: added extra info

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Yea, no. Accepting people is called stagnating people. I accept people's humanity and right of being. I do not accept who they are. If I do, there is no reason to improve. I accept people are flawed and need to improve.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by rickyrrr

No, that is not a fact. I said that I was sexually abused.

No, Ricky had it right the first time. You said that homosexuality was a choice at which point I asked you to elaborate on how it is that you are sexually attracted to both males and females but made a choice to keep it all on one side of the fence. You replied back that you were only sexually attracted to females thus nulling your point about it being choice. Ricky replied to that, and now here we are at your lifetime movie of the week post. How you managed to twist all that is beyond me but following the posts, that is what happened. So you are not attracted to men but you were abused and from that you conclude being gay is a choice even though you were somehow exempt from it because you were abused? I would say "facts" jumped ship a while back.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Who cares honestly.

You people need to keep your sex lives to yourselves.

The fact that people keep trying to parade their sex lives around proves they are hypocrites.

I honestly don't want to know about it.

I just want to say you get a star for that just because it really made me go back and look at something. The only people in this thread bragging about who they married, bedded, impregnated, blew up and shared with their dog, or spied on with their wife's stethoscope are the "straight" folks. They see a thread about homosexuality and have to come here and proclaim how straight they are, even if it is weird and perverted. Too funny.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I was not aware you could be born a hunter.
What other hobbies or past times can you be born with?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Can this please be the last "choice v.s. no choice" discussions?

People have no choice, anyone that thinks that way is just ignorant and hasn't spent enough time thinking about it.
Why would anyone enlightened enough to know better want to talk to these people and waste their time trying to change their minds? Who cares if they think you chose to be gay, it would have still been your choice and still should be respected..

Can we never ever have this discussion again on a conspiracy website?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Whaaat wee have here is a failya to communicate. My facts are fine. I'm comfortable in giving life examples in making a point. I've often used my experiences to help others who have been through similar things but have not been able to cope as I have. If this makes you uncomfortable, perhaps you have some issues.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by Annee

Lmao this is a discussion right? Man for a minute a guess i thought I was on a forum.

Then try for something original.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by Annee

I said my animal got ahold of my blow up doll....which was in reply to a post above it about other ways to have intercourse other than man on man. As for pedophilia I never said a thing about it. As far as im concerned it is disgusting and evil. Now...im going to go drink a beer with laqueesha and watch family guy reruns. As for homosexuality....as long as you do not skip around in a pink miniskirt and throw yourself on me, i am ok with it.

Why are you addressing this to me?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Annee

Yea, no. Accepting people is called stagnating people. I accept people's humanity and right of being. I do not accept who they are. If I do, there is no reason to improve. I accept people are flawed and need to improve.

That is insanity. Either you believe everyone is flawed or everyone but you and if it is the former then you have no need to concern yourself with anyone else's flaws while you still have your own to contend with. I am so thankful that I have lifelong friends I can call true friends because they are not defined by telling me how I can improve myself.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by Sinnthia

Whaaat wee have here is a failya to communicate. My facts are fine. I'm comfortable in giving life examples in making a point. I've often used my experiences to help others who have been through similar things but have not been able to cope as I have. If this makes you uncomfortable, perhaps you have some issues.
Seeashrink

Yeah....except none of it actually helped you make the point that homosexuality was a choice which was the thing I questioned you on that lead to ricky addressing you. You can use all the personal sob stories you like but if you are not even remotely trying to back up the point I asked you to back up, I really do not care.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join