It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:
Lug

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
How many times a day do you get to talk about gay marriage and dog humping?

Seems like everyday conversation for somebody. That person makes me wonder just how mature they really are.

Lug

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
I just feel bad for the guy that wants to do his dog because he is attracted to it and he can't and you people call him a monster for wanting to have sex with a dog.... that is kind of mean..

This should go down in the annals of ATS as the most inane remark ever.

I'm speechless

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have no homosexual friends. Of course the nearest homosexual would say with a lisp, oh yes you do honey, you just don't know it. If a friend of mine told me he is homosexual he would no longer be a friend. Of course, when I refer to homosexuals, I'm referring to homosexual males. If they're homosexual females,....that's another story!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Men were designed and equipped to be with women and women so designed to be with men. There is nothing about you or me that is designed to be with our same sex.

Actually not true. The male G-spot is up the arse. Stimulation of the prostate gland (through anal sex etc) can lead to some of the most intensly pleasurable orgasms possible for a man. why then are we equipped as such? I'm not saying you have to be gay, just that you're wrong.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee
I have no homosexual friends. Of course the nearest homosexual would say with a lisp, oh yes you do honey, you just don't know it. If a friend of mine told me he is homosexual he would no longer be a friend. Of course, when I refer to homosexuals, I'm referring to homosexual males. If they're homosexual females,....that's another story!

I live in an apartment beside 2 lesbians and man, are they loud when they get it on. My wife hates it. Their bed is directly on the other side of the wall from ours. We both lie in the bed sometimes up to 2:00 am - 3 am just listening to loud screaming and shouts of "oh god". It goes on for 30 minutes to an hour sometimes. I act like I don't like it so my wife doesn't catch on, but when the lights are out, I am secretly smiling. My wife is a nurse and what my she doesn't know is that sometimes I use her work stethoscope on the wall to hear better LOL. I dont likee it that I have to go into work tired the next day, but I think i am quite possibly one of the luckiest guys going today. This is a re-occuring theme and my wife wants to turn them into the landlord but I talked her out of it saying, that he would never build up the nerve to even tell them to turn the volume down on their lovemaking. I, therefore, have many more nights of an angry wife and a happy man. Oh and the gay guys are just...well that's just wrong.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Primordial
The premise behind the op is crap. Simply because someone has a particular lifestyle doesn't mean you must accept it. I have had friends who were drug addicts and criminals. They were friends but i didn't condone what they did when i wasn't with them. They didn't do it when they were with me because i woulnt go along. I can be a friend and tell them i do not approve.

This. +128374912407149861234902140236427481209647291804762391847219847901284.................8

All people have discriminating tastes.... and I mean that as different (not as in racial or sexual discrimination). No one is in any kind of position to judge anyone for who their friends are or for what reason they are friends of that person. Why should anyone care what anyone else thinks about their choice in friend or reasons for the choice? Everyone should just be themselves--to hell what other people think.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Please excuse me for asking [ in a very polite way ] and with all due respects, [to the gay and lesbian people] and with all the disscussion on those "rights", pros and cons, Would it be improper to ask how two male married couples, or also female, can consumate their marriage ? To the moderators, If you feel this question is innapropriate, please feel free to delete this reply. It would certainly tell me that this area of "Gay Marriage" is a subject still too sensitive to be disscussed in our "way-too-permissive" society [which already is out of moral control]. MM

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hooptie

I think you missed the point. It seems to be that if you say you have a certain type of friend but at the same time fundamentally dissaprove of the way they were born, they you are a pretty crappy friend.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Gay people have rights too.
Anyway, whats this Skippy business??
Ive Lived here for 50 Years and have Never been called Skippy.
BUT, now that someone has mentioned the "V" word, There was/is an affectionate term used by Greek/Italian descendents, who after enduring decades of being called "Wogs", started calling WASPs "SKIPS"!!!! in retaliation. NOT SKIPPY!!!! The reference was because of the "Aussie" childs Much Love for a TV series called "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" (dont get excited all you Gay guys....its about a boy and his pet Kangaroo...yes Real Kangaroo, yes real pet, not what your thinking,... who can talk, drive cars, answer the phone etc )
Like The African descended Americans Have adopted the "N" word as their own Brotherhood.
The Greeks/Italians in Oz have adopted the 'Wog" term and wear it with pride, and use it as a comic base eg Shows like "Wogs out of work" movies like "The Wog Boy" etc.
The Term is SKIP.....OK everyone.??
So, my American Brothers, continue using Skippy if you wish..........Just think about that furry Kangaroo, with his long stiff tail...for jumping balance I mean....Jeesh,.

BTW, Doesnt Bertha call "Alan (Im not gay) Harper" Skippy all the time on 2 1/2 ????????
I thought skippy in the US meant a Gay person, as we ALL suspect, John Cryer is gay, isnt he????.

edit on 24-12-2010 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2010 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

When someone tells me that they have to lie to their wife in order to gain sexual gratification by using a stethascope to listen to other people have sex, I have to really wonder how that straight marriage is working out for you.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Actually the last gay friend I had realised there was a real norma life like we had and gave it up, got married and now has children. I don't have any homesexual friends right now because they're too insecure to accept I disagree with their lifestyle, I'd be friends with them but they don't reciprocate (those that do change their lifestyle). Therefore I reckon they are discriminatory and they are definately insecure. I'm secure in who I am around them. They are not secure in who they are around me.

So who has the problem?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexity

Thanks for your 2 cents. Way to capture the subject being discussed too. I'm a neo christian. Believe in the words of christ and that's it. Don't even think he was a gods son to be honest.

But good for you! 2 thumbs up for posting a reply that didn't make you look stupid.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I find it pathetic that people identify 'gay rights' as any different then the rights of anyone else.

Sadly, most of the time, gay rights are identified (by people on the far left and far right) as positive rights that should be given to gay people.

The reality of the situation is that physical institution (state licensing and government sponsored contracts) of marriage itself is the problem. The government has no right to control the definition of marriage, let alone love, hate, or any other abstraction. Is it any wonder over half of marriages fail after the people have relinquished the power to define its own social institution to an inadiquate government?

Gay people and straight people, alike, should be fighting for marriage. They should be fighting along side each other to get the government out of it.

Also, if marriage is truly a religious institution, shouldn't this prevent the government from legislating on it at all?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR

Also, if marriage is truly a religious institution, shouldn't this prevent the government from legislating on it at all?

It stopped being religious when it became a Legal Government Contract.

I have no problem with a binding contract protecting rights and property of those joining one household as one. I think it is necessary.

But beyond the legal protection - - it should not be legislated who and who doesn't qualify.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar
reply to post by seeashrink

I think you're as insane as you assume people who choose to be gay are. And while you didn't make that direct claim - the very fact that you believe gay people would CHOOSE a life where prejudice, redicule, neglect, abandonment, abuse, government sanctioned torture (in some places) is an everyday thing must necessitate that they are somehow insane at worst and irrational at best. It is astonishing to me that someone who is obviously intelligent could maintain this rediculous perception after being told time and time and time agian that there is no such choice being made by homosexuals. Give me one solid reason why someone would choose this life? Just this past september we saw 8 people CHOOSE to end their lives rather than endure the torture imposed on them by people who think exactly the same way you do. Don't you think that of these 8 people, at least one of them would have chosen to be heterosexual to escape their torment? If it's such an easy choice - why didn't they choose heterosexuality? Because they couldn't. That choice was not available to them the same way it's not available to you or me or anyone else. A gay man can have sex with a woman all day long - and they have, for centuries, but that never made them straight.
And thank you for bringing up the old reproduction argument agian...because apparently it needs to be addressed agian. It is very true that at least biologically, man and woman are designed to reproduce. However, the desire to reproduce is not evident in every man and woman. Does that make them unnatural? I think not! And if, in fact, it did mean that these people were "unnatural", would that also necessitate that they are some how less than those who do reproduce are? Most certainly not! Homosexuality has been demonstrated time and time agian in nature - in species different and similar to ours...you're not suggesting that these animals are also making a choice to be gay, are you?
I think that this choice argument hinges on a false supposition that homosexuality is about only about sex. It's not really. Our sexuality about who we love and want to be with and why we want to be with them. Homosexuals desire, by virture of instinct, to be with members of their same sex for a multitude of reasons - not just sex. Would you say that your love for a woman is solely dependant on your sexual interaction with her - I hope not. Hopefully, you would love her for many reasons - her sex being only one of them. It is the same with homosexuals.
So, think real hard about the day you decided that you were a heterosexual and I think you'll find that you made no such choice at all. You simply knew it - there was no question. I never made that choice either.

Certainly the most intelligent reply I have received. First, I never said or thought that gay people are insane, but you did clarify that. I feel very sad for the 8 people that you mentioned committing suicide due to torment. Regardless of my beliefs, I do not and will not redicule someone who is gay. Never have, never will.
I believe the "other species" arguement is void. The human race is the only form of life that has the ability to reason and make choices in this area. I do not pretend to understand homosexuallity in other species but I find it irrelevent.
I also believe that there are many men and women who have same sex friends whom they love, but sex is not involved. The term "homosexual" would not exist without the sex act.
Can people be born homosexual? I think so, as I have given it some thought after reading your post. Do people make a choice to be homosexual? Again, I think so.
As far as those that are born with a predisposition to homosexuallity I would have to believe that it is a genetic defect. There are those that are born with a predisposition to alcoholism, cancer, alzheimers (sp?), diabetes, etc, etc, all being genetic defects. Having said that, I cannot look at how we were created and say that it is natural. I will not turn a blind eye to common sense.
Respectfully,
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

It's like when you hear someone say, "I'm not racist, but...". You know your about to hear the most racist thing imaginable. I don't personally believe in that lifestyle, but i'm not going to bash anyone.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

So, lets quit pretending that something is there when it is not.

You kept talking about body parts and how they fit or didn't throughout this post.

Is that all humans are is a collection of parts? While I am not going to dwell on the subject of whether parts fit or don't, there is more to being human than parts. There is mind, heart and soul.

Those can fit just perfectly, harmoniously and gloriously in spite of the "parts" and, in the grand scheme of things, for many people, straight or gay, end up being much more important.

Completely agree, no arguement.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

I agree. Those that do not believe that this is going to cause tremendous problems in the military are just plain fooling themselves. It will be interesting to watch in the coming years.
Seeashrink

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

So either of you have any evidence of even one gay person joining the military in order to gain the opportunity to share a bathroom with other men? Just one.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthc

and there you have it --- someone said he was probably abused and voila out he comes with it.

another said closet gay...lol sounds like he did it a few time after he was abused and was too weak to deal with the social pressures of being in gay relationships and therefore thinks it's unnatural.

If you had a beef with what is natural or not; then you wouldn't be using a computer and bugging us with your ignorant views just because you have a buried gay past.

*in fact* the gay community turns a lot of people off of that lifestyle and gives them psychological problems because there are a lot of gay people who want no part of that freakshow.
edit on 24-12-2010 by stealthc because: (no reason given)

Well, I knew it would not be long before someone with a shallow mind went here. No one said that I was probaby abused, I said I was abused. I hope that it did not happen to you or does not happen to your children. You don't seem to well equipped to deal with it.
I dealt with it many many years ago and I am a happy heterosexual. I will not entertain your ignorance by trying to prove that. Go someone else and play Peter Pan, you're out of your league.
Seeashrink

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join